Chris Christie | Gay Marriage | New Jersey | News

BigGayDeal.com

NJ Dem Gubernatorial Candidate's Lesbian Daughter Blasts Chris Christie on Gay Marriage: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 5.45.50 PM

In an email and video sent to supporters earlier this week, the openly gay daughter of New Jersey Democratic gubernatorial candidate Barbara Buono blasted Gov. Chris Christie for his opposition to gay marriage. NJ.com reports:

"As a gay American, I have a stake in what our governor says about marriage equality," Tessa Bitterman, 22, wrote in an e-mail soliciting donations for Buono's campaign against Christie. "And I have been deeply shocked by Chris Christie. As governor, he has been a giant roadblock to New Jersey achieving equality for all. By failing to support marriage equality, Christie is blatantly delegitimizing an entire group of people."

Last February, Christie conditionally vetoed a bill legalizing gay marriage in New Jersey, suggesting instead that the public should vote on it. Democrats said it's a civil rights issue and shouldn't be placed on the ballot.

Buono is waging an uphill battle against Christie, a politician with a national profile who holds a 30-point lead in recent polls.

Check out the campaign video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Ms. Buono is amazing. If her Mom is half what she is, I'd love to see her as governor of NJ. Heck yeah!

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jun 27, 2013 9:54:27 AM

2. Christie believes that the majority should vote on the civil rights of a minority. Does he feel that President Johnson and Congress were wrong when the Civil Rights Act was signed in 1964? Should the majority white populous have voted on the civil rights of blacks and other minorities? How would he feel if someone put up a bill for a vote that no one over 250 pounds could hold office under the premise of health concerns?

Posted by: CB | Jun 27, 2013 9:56:01 AM

3. "giant roadblock" is right.

Posted by: Michael | Jun 27, 2013 10:32:42 AM

4. LOL fat jokes hurr hurr. [eyeroll]

Posted by: Adam | Jun 27, 2013 10:36:07 AM

5. With or without any weight loss, Christie is still an obnoxious pig and a bully. He'll never be president. Never. I doubt he'll land the nomination despite his pandering to the conservative loons on the right. I hope this attack on gay rights costs him dearly in this upcoming election. He may win, but I hope it is by a narrow margin. Wake up New Jersey, vote Democratic!

Posted by: Bob R | Jun 27, 2013 11:55:10 AM

6. I am so angry at Christie's words on equal marriage. He thinks the feelings were hurt of Clinton and the 90s congress? WHO CARES! How about the feelings of millions of gay americans and their families? He's totally insane.

Posted by: reality | Jun 27, 2013 4:37:12 PM

7. I'm as sensitive and politically correct as the next guy but I admit it... I cackled out loud when she called him a giant road block. HAHAHA

Posted by: sparks | Jun 27, 2013 4:42:07 PM

8. CHRISTOFAT is a tool of the catholic bishops and catholic organizations in NJ (and probably the mob, too)

Posted by: Bob | Jun 27, 2013 6:59:35 PM