Antonio Villaraigosa | California | Gay Marriage | Gay Rights | Gay Wedding | Los Angeles | News | Proposition 8

BigGayDeal.com

Prop. 8 Plaintiffs Paul Katami And Jeff Zarillo Marry At LA City Hall: VIDEO, PHOTOS

KatamiWedding

Paul Katami and Jeff Zarillo will be married today, joining their fellow Proposition 8 plaintiffs Kris Perry and Sandy Stier in tying the knot. The ceremony will take place at L.A. City Hall at 6:15 PM PST and will be officiated by L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, the L.A. Times is reporting on Facebook.

ABC 7 tweeted that they will be covering the event live. Check back HERE as we get closer to the scheduled time for the happy couple's nuptials to watch the wedding unfold. Rachel Maddow will also have live coverage.

UPDATE: They are now officially married! Katami and Zarillo just exchanged vows in an emotional ceremony. Mayor Villaraigosa said it best, "I don't know about you but I've got goosebumps." Congratulations to Paul and Jeff who fought so hard for this day.

Watch the VIDEO and check out some pictures from AFER of Katami and Zarillo's big day AFTER THE JUMP...

TheKiss

Rings

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

MarriageLiscense

Waiting

Boot

(Photos via AFER)

Comments

1. So happy that nobody made us wait another 30 days for the real celebrations to begin!!!

Congrats Paul & Jeff!!!

Posted by: Jeff | Jun 28, 2013 9:12:18 PM

2. It is so surreal watching them get married on live TV. I think my head may explode from the last 2 hours. The court decision came to us in slow motion and everyone was ready for it. Joyous, but grandly expected. TODAY is a total freaking surprise, and I am a hot mess of happy!

Posted by: Zlick | Jun 28, 2013 9:23:17 PM

3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!~ to everyone ! LOL LOVE LOVE LOVE

Posted by: Bosie | Jun 28, 2013 9:32:08 PM

4. Wow! How nice to see some men who know how to dress properly. Congratulations.

Posted by: Maleka | Jun 28, 2013 9:45:44 PM

5. Congrats and thank you to the plaintiffs, lawyers, clerks and SCOTUS Justices who voted in favor of Equality!!! Capital E!!

Oh, happy day.

Posted by: Omar | Jun 28, 2013 9:55:16 PM

6. Congratulations!

Posted by: Damien | Jun 28, 2013 10:01:09 PM

7. Mazel tov! To a lifetime of happiness together. :) (How can anyone look at Jeff's face as the pronouncement is made and not be moved?)

Posted by: Dback | Jun 28, 2013 10:11:20 PM

8. I'm sure Jason/Rick/ratbastard have something derogatory to say about this.

Posted by: ArkArk | Jun 28, 2013 10:21:53 PM

9. @ArkArk as Nancy Pelosi said, Who cares?!!!

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | Jun 28, 2013 11:15:43 PM

10. I was sort of hoping he would get married in his NY Yankees t-shirt. ;-) Best wishes to both couples!

Posted by: Jim Elliott | Jun 28, 2013 11:18:33 PM

11. All you need is Love. Big Hugs and congrats!!

Posted by: Will | Jun 29, 2013 12:31:28 AM

12. I know Paul from Equinox and I am just so happy for him and his husband!!!!! Congrats. You guys deserve it.

Posted by: Jose Arribas | Jun 29, 2013 12:45:58 AM

13. Is this the first time a gay wedding has been aired nationally on television? History. Congrats!

Posted by: Reality | Jun 29, 2013 1:38:44 AM

14. I'm from Massachusetts and we've had marriage for years now... but it all feels even more real and special with DOMA gone. It's like a burden has been lifted.

Am I alone in feeling this? I honestly wasn't expecting to feel like this now, but I do.

Posted by: Ryan | Jun 29, 2013 4:04:12 AM

15. @Ryan - I totally get you. I'm single, live in DC, where we've had DPs for years and marriage since 2009 and I am a bit overwhelmed this week. The DOMA and Prop8 decisions were exactly what I expected (although the DOMA decision was broader than I'd hoped), but I didn't realize how they would hit me.

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Jun 29, 2013 6:43:52 AM

16. Damn, sitting here all teary eyed and a huge smile on my face!

How do we keep the momentum going?

Posted by: jsb | Jun 29, 2013 9:42:57 AM

17. Congratulations to Jeff and Paul! When can his happen to me in my own country, Indonesia? Sigh... Still, I'm so happy that they've got what they have been fighting for. Good job, guys!

Posted by: darkorient | Jun 29, 2013 10:12:03 AM

18. No pollen allergies today. Just real tears of unbounding joy for Paul and Jeff!! Congratulations, gentlemen. Your happiness is well-earned and well-deserved. May you have 1,000 X 1,000 years of happiness together.

Oh, yeah. One more thing.

Thank you.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 29, 2013 10:45:17 AM

19. @Reality
    Conan O'Brien married two men on his show after he became an officiant.

Posted by: Derrick | Jun 29, 2013 10:58:54 AM

20. Just because he officiated at a wedding doesn't mean that Villar isn't a dirtbag.

Posted by: David Hearne | Jun 29, 2013 11:03:56 AM

21. I thought the little cubby one was cute. Until I saw the Skankees tee-shirt.

Posted by: Bollux | Jun 29, 2013 1:13:46 PM

22. Ryan: I'm surprised you can feel anything. Former LA Mayor Villar is using gays as a stepping stone to run for Governor. He's a sleaze, don't fall for it. He and Duval Patrick of Massachusetts are like twin brothers in the ambition game, but Villar is transparent.

Posted by: KeepYourClothesOn | Jun 30, 2013 12:32:56 AM

23. I am so happy for them - they are so obviously in love. I wish them every happiness and blessing; never let anyone tell them that their love or their marriage is in any way inferior. I am deeply moved and incredibly proud at witnessing their commitment.

Posted by: Mundus | Jun 30, 2013 3:56:40 AM