FOX News | Gay Marriage | Glenn Beck | News | Rand Paul

BigGayDeal.com

Rand Paul Links Gay Marriage To Polygamy, 'Non-Human' Marriage, Backtracks: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 5.44.14 PM

During a radio interview with Senator Rand Paul on Wednesday, Glenn Beck revealed that he was "very concerned" that the DOMA and Prop 8 rulings may one day lead to legalized polygamy for the country. Paul, on the other hand, had more pressing worries on his mind because "if we have no laws on this, people take it to one extension further - does it have to be humans?"

Shortly after the interview, however, Paul appeared on Fox News and attempted to distanced himself from the 'flak,' saying that he doesn't really believe gay marriage will lead to legalized polygamy or non-human marriage. Mediate reports:

"I think my point that I was trying to make is that government has been involved in marriage for a while and it's been at the state level," Paul said. "I think if we leave it at the state level, there will be room to disagree." He clarified, "I don't think it will be with multiple humans and I think it will be human and human."

"I don't think we're going on towards polygamy or things beyond that," Paul continued, "but I do think that our country is divided on the issue and that in some ways, the Supreme Court decision is probably going to allow us to agree to disagree. He predicted that while some states like New York may move forward with gay marriage in the short term, others in the south will not for the "foreseeable future."

Paul's congressional office also tried to downplay the comments, saying they were only 'sarcasm':

"Sarcasm sometimes doesn't translate adequately from radio conversation," his communications director Moira Bagley said. "Sen. Paul did not suggest that striking down DOMA could lead to unusual marriage arrangements. What he was discussing was that having the state recognize marriage without definition could lead to marriages with no basis in reality."

See? He was just misunderstood. Glad everything is cleared up now.

Check out the original audio clip and his Fox News interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I truly wish that one of those crazy get Equal protesters would rush in and snatch that toupee off of his head.

Posted by: franklin | Jun 28, 2013 8:14:05 AM

2. At least have the balls to stand by the garbage you say. Typical politician - no brains, no sense, no morals, no spine.

Posted by: JD | Jun 28, 2013 8:30:20 AM

3. One of the typical "twisted-tongue faces" of the modern GOP. Their constituents get what they deserve when voting these idiots into office.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jun 28, 2013 8:32:24 AM

4. 1) Straight marriage already lead to polygamy.

2) Show me a non-human that can consent, and I'll show you a non-human that can get married.

That is all.

Posted by: Talisman | Jun 28, 2013 8:42:16 AM

5. The Paul clan are illiterate fools who happen to live in ignorant areas of America where their lies and distortion of the facts were enough to get them elected to office.

Posted by: Jon | Jun 28, 2013 9:02:31 AM

6. I wonder what made him walk it back.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jun 28, 2013 9:30:04 AM

7. @Talisman -- Yes! Why these people still can't understand that is beyond me. I'm starting to think that maybe they are very bright...

Posted by: kit | Jun 28, 2013 9:33:33 AM

8. Oops! ... that they *AREN'T* very bright...

Posted by: kit | Jun 28, 2013 9:34:48 AM

9. Yes, Pinhead, you have to be human to get married. Does that clear things up?

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 28, 2013 9:46:55 AM

10. Rand friggin Paul.
    Can you even fathom that millions of people in the US think this smarm in a suit is presidential material?
    Boggles the mind.

Posted by: JONES | Jun 28, 2013 10:14:32 AM

11. the Neo-Confederate speaks

hem his father, and their so-called libertarian fellows are not libertarians

They are Neo-Confederates

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 28, 2013 10:32:49 AM

12. "Rand Paul displays link between Libertarianism and Mental Retardation" is more like it!

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 28, 2013 10:36:50 AM

13. Listen and look at Rand Paul. And Michelle Bachman and Louie Gohmert and Huelskamp and all the rest of the legitimate morons, idiots and buffoons the GOP not just attracts but encourages. Then imagine, if you can, what type of person would vote for any of them? What type of mouth breathing, knuckle dragging mental midgets are there in such great numbers that these cretins actually remain in office? What's worse is why aren't clowns ridiculed off the public stage by members of normal society?

Posted by: Bob R | Jun 28, 2013 10:57:07 AM

14. A lot of these hard right types are real animal lovers! LOL!!!

Posted by: andrew | Jun 28, 2013 11:05:05 AM

15. Considering that Rand Paul is about as non-human and twerpy as you can get, I am always amazed at how his ilk OBSESS about having sex with animals! Is there some kind of national registry for zoophiles? I mean, I wanna know anytime this man is in my neighborhood. I gotta look out for may cat, ya know?

Posted by: jamal49 | Jun 28, 2013 11:20:24 AM

16. "'I think my point that I was trying to make is that government has been involved in marriage for a while and it's been at the state level,' Paul said."

Where does he think the 1000+ benefits of his marriage come from? Outer space? The Tea Party fairy? It's the federal government, idiot. And if that was successful "sarcasm," he has a flattering hairdo.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 28, 2013 11:20:31 AM

17. So many of these Tea Party libertarians are really just the same old extreme right- wingers in disguise. Being a conservative used to mean the government should stay out of your bedroom. That's lost on today's ayatollahs.

Posted by: Hank Plante | Jun 28, 2013 11:48:20 AM

18. Doesn't he try to pass himself off as libertarian? How could he oppose DOMA being abolished and SCOTUS not interfering with Calfornia'a ruling on Prop 8? Aren't these guys supposed to be all about small government and states rights?

Posted by: JMC | Jun 28, 2013 12:13:44 PM

19. It's a valid question; and the answer is 'why not?'

Posted by: Zeta | Jun 28, 2013 4:51:32 PM

20. @Talisman,
    1) Since it's always been legal, why was polygamy deemed illegal in the first place?
    2) In the same way that animals can masturbate and engage in homosexual encounters, animals can consent.

The real issue isn't consent. It's property laws.

Posted by: Zeta | Jun 28, 2013 4:53:55 PM

21. Paul is absolutely right! I will soon be marrying my Tim Tebow body pillow as soon as the SCOTUS brief allows it. He's soooooo plush.

Posted by: todd | Jun 28, 2013 9:48:42 PM

22. By the way....on a serious note. Isn't polygamy a driving force between a man and a woman in the bible? Seems to me there was a passage about marrying a thousand whores? So why aren't the religious defenders defending it?

Posted by: todd | Jun 28, 2013 9:50:26 PM

23. So is Rand going to be introducing legislation allowing inanimate objects and non humans the ability to sign legally binding contracts? Because that's the only way anyone is going to be able to marry a tree, dog, tea kettle, or the chair Clint Eastwood was chatting with. If he does please let me know I need to find a grove of trees to co-sign a big ass loan for me. one word IDIOT!

Posted by: Akula | Jun 29, 2013 10:50:24 AM

24. @Akula, which is it? Is marriage about love or about contracts?

If it's about love, then no one should tell someone they can't marry the grove they've bonded with, they take of, they own, or which they are going to pledge to own and take care of.

If it's about contracts, then ditto.

I don't see the problem. Should homosexuals?

Posted by: Zeta | Jun 29, 2013 8:17:44 PM

25. Aah little RAND and his little Leprechaun father:

A friend with weed is a friend in deed, but a friend with gold is the best I am told...

Posted by: Jose Soto | Jul 1, 2013 5:56:50 PM