Crime | Los Angeles | News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Trans Woman Beaten by Gang on Hollywood Boulevard Speaks Out: VIDEO

V_diego

Vivian Diego, the trans woman attacked by a gang of men on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles, is speaking out about the assault, CBS LA reports:

“It was awful,” Diego said. “I wouldn’t wish the pain I went through on my worst enemy.”

The victim suffered a broken jaw, a shattered cheekbone and two cracked ribs. Police are investigating the attack as a hate crime. City leaders announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.

“I am not letting this incident, this attack stop me from living my life,” said Diego. “As you can see, I’m still fabulous.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Lets hope they are able to find whoever did this and put them in jail for a nice long time.

Posted by: Tom | Jun 20, 2013 1:30:56 PM

2. Kudos, Sister! To refusing to be victimized, to refusing to cower and hide in the face of hatred and outright violence.

May your strength inspire others to come out and defy this culture of prejudice that seeks to keep us hidden and in fear.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jun 20, 2013 1:31:54 PM

3. What a brave woman, and she's helping teach an important lesson: Don't let the bigots knock you down, just get back up and be even louder and prouder than before!

Posted by: Apparatus | Jun 20, 2013 1:56:34 PM

4. and the friend escaped unharmed?

Posted by: my2cents | Jun 20, 2013 3:22:01 PM

5. I am glad she is remaining strong. Praying these thugs are caught and put in jail.

Posted by: reality | Jun 20, 2013 4:30:39 PM

6. Good for Vivien! Show those scum bags they're not going to stop you!

Posted by: Jim | Jun 20, 2013 9:02:16 PM

7. you are fabulous, vivian!! what a great attitude to have after enduring something so horrendous and senseless.

Posted by: troy | Jun 20, 2013 9:27:45 PM

8. @my2cents

Very good point. This was planned. LGBTQ people need to be more picky on who they are friends with; be it straight people who put them down or women who use them as a product.

These people resent you...

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 21, 2013 10:39:50 AM

9. @my2cents

These people resent you...

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 21, 2013 10:39:50 AM