Music | News | Texas | Women's Issues

BigGayDeal.com

Check Out These Fierce Allies Of Texas Women's Rights: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 4.25.47 PM

Full Frontal Freedom has released a role-reversing political parody based on Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' and inspired by the women of the Texas legislature and their allies. Rick Perry better watch his back!

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 4.29.43 PM

Comments

1. Abortion has always struck me as being murder.

Posted by: Kev C | Jul 18, 2013 8:06:04 PM

2. Hot men or a Hot cause, Wendy for Governor!

Posted by: RONTEX | Jul 18, 2013 8:06:33 PM

3. Women sure get pissed off when you tell them they can't kill their babies.

Posted by: Steve | Jul 18, 2013 8:06:43 PM

4. If women were given adequate access to birth control and reproductive education, a great many abortions would be avoided. Unfortunately, in these idiotic states proper birth control is very difficult for many women, especially younger women, to obtain. Instead they are told to practice chastity, which has a 100% failure rate. I know several women that have had abortions, and none of them did this lightly and continue to feel guilty about it years later. This is not something most women do easily.
    And really guys, with all you have to worry about being cum farts, maybe you can try to see their side of the issue.

Posted by: Rolf | Jul 18, 2013 8:20:02 PM

5. Women get pissed off when you tell them THAT THEY'RE NOTHING BUT BABY MACHINES.

I'm not pro-abortion. I'm a man, which means that abortion is NOT MY ISSUE.

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 18, 2013 8:42:45 PM

6. I will always support a woman's right to choose, to control her own body. Period.

Posted by: Ken | Jul 18, 2013 8:49:45 PM

7. Jerry if it was your child it would be your issue, the majority of texans support these laws and democracy demands their will be done. If the stupid chicks can't use a damn condom then they have no bessniess having sex in the first place. In this day in age even 7 year olds know how a condom works (I know I did and I also grew up in southern state) also I call bull crap on it being hard to get you can go to any convenience store and get any number of condoms.

Posted by: Lee | Jul 18, 2013 8:50:43 PM

8. Considering the amount of racism I've seen in the comments on this blog, I'm not terribly surprised to see misogyny and anti-choice stances in this thread. Disheartened, but not surprised.

I'm beginning to suspect some anti-gay, republican trolls hired by our enemies have finally taken over this site and completely destroyed it.

It's been sad watching Towleroad turn into Trollroad. RIP.

Posted by: MateoM | Jul 18, 2013 9:38:29 PM

9. I'm with Mateom on the idiocy of the Towleroad commenters in contrast to the intelligence of the blog.

I don't think they're trolls. I just think gay men are becoming dumber and more conservative as they perceive they have more rights; they're just less empathetic with others who have issues with being oppressed. Once all our rights are secured nationwide, I expect gay men will be as likely to be Republican as straight.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jul 18, 2013 10:10:34 PM

10. MateoM complains about trolls in every post. He's obsessed with it. My suggestion is this:

Imagine Every Person On The Internet Is A Troll.

This way you won't be disappointed or flustered by differing opinions.

Posted by: Kev C | Jul 18, 2013 10:25:29 PM

11. Why is Towleroad promoting Robin Thicke, a man who works with homophobic musicians? Get your priorities right, Towleroad.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 18, 2013 10:34:00 PM

12. Wendy for 2016!!

Posted by: max | Jul 18, 2013 11:00:50 PM

13. This is painful.....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jul 18, 2013 11:05:08 PM

14. The video is extremely misandric sexism...Shame on Towleroad!!

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Jul 18, 2013 11:17:02 PM

15. Towleroad periodically needs to suck up to liberal women. It helps to keep them on side in the culture war.

A woman who would abort a baby because it contains gay genes would still be considered a friend by many gay men.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 18, 2013 11:52:50 PM

16. Who the hell are these insane commenters? From the comments, this post might as well be on WND. The GOProud crowd should go somewhere else. You are an embarrassment to the gay community.

Posted by: Q | Jul 19, 2013 12:04:26 AM

17. i used to be pro-life. when i was young and didn't know any better

Posted by: gomez | Jul 19, 2013 12:20:01 AM

18. i used to be pro-life. when i was young and didn't know any better

Posted by: gomez | Jul 19, 2013 12:20:34 AM

19. i used to be pro-life. when i was young and didn't know any better

Posted by: gomez | Jul 19, 2013 12:20:37 AM

20. Q,

So you want us all to have the same opinion?

Posted by: Adam | Jul 19, 2013 1:03:33 AM

21. I used to be pro-choice when I was young and didn't know any better. But anyone with any rational integrity has to admit that abortion is killing a life.

Women, more than men, who are more likely to be vegan/vegetarian because they feel for the lives of animals, who are against cruelty, against the death penalty, etc, they also sense it's inherently wrong but are waiting for someone else to acknowledge what they feel. That pro-choice is a charade, a lie told by society, by doctors and feminists for economic and political reasons having nothing to do with them.

Every women I've ever met who has had an abortion regrets it. All of them.

Posted by: Kev C | Jul 19, 2013 2:22:33 AM

22. Kev C - No one cares what you think. It is up to the woman, and only the woman, what to do about a pregnancy. I know many women who do not regret an abortion. Your experience is obviously limited.

Posted by: evan_la | Jul 19, 2013 4:03:56 AM

23. If men could get pregnant there would be R486 pills freely available in every drugstore over the counter.
    Its the womens right to choose whether to continue with a pregnancy to birth, most pregnancies do not end in a birth anyways but end in their early stages by miscarriage many times before the women even knows she has concieved; this is called spontaneous abortion and is completely natural.
    Support womens health and freedom. I Cant believe the amount of misogyny in the comment here. Guys learn some science and biology and stop being bigots.
    Kathryn (bi-sexual)

Posted by: renovato | Jul 19, 2013 6:08:36 AM

24. It was amusing watching the head of NARAL last night saying requiring clinics to have physicians that have hospital staff privileges and are within 30 minutes of a hospital "will lead to more Gosnells in Texas". LOL. Gee, lady, who's "Gosnell"? You sure as hell had nothing to say when he was on trial. In fact, you were on his side weren't you.

Posted by: MIke | Jul 19, 2013 6:21:47 AM

25. Musically inept but well-intentioned.

Posted by: Christopher | Jul 19, 2013 7:01:31 AM