Couples | Lance Bass | News

Lance Bass is Engaged to Boyfriend Michael Turchin

Bass

Lance Bass is engaged to be married to boyfriend Michael Turchin.

Wrote the singer on Instagram: "He said YES!! Love this man"

Us Weekly adds:

Dating since December 2011, the couple got engaged in New Orleans after Bass proposed to the aspiring actor and model with a black diamond band. He even texted his future husband's parents to ask for their permission first.

"They're such a great couple, everyone is so happy for them," another source tells Us. "Their friends and family are thrilled."

Congrats!

Comments

1. Marriage is such good publicity for a floundering career, and then later, so is divorce.

Posted by: anon | Sep 1, 2013 6:19:41 PM

2. I was unaware that Lance Bass ever had a career in the first place

Posted by: Sam | Sep 1, 2013 6:26:24 PM

3. Everyone on Yahoo is is saying terrible things about these guys. I posed the question of how many straight marriages were in bragging shape and how much love was flourishing? They then started bashing me. People are so dumb and cruel. I personally think its very cool! Has a better chance than man/wife, frankly.

Posted by: Tim | Sep 1, 2013 6:34:00 PM

4. Hooray!

Posted by: barney | Sep 1, 2013 6:35:03 PM

5. "Aspiring actor" tells the real story....

Posted by: Ankerich | Sep 1, 2013 6:37:43 PM

6. I wish them well.

Posted by: candideinnc | Sep 1, 2013 6:38:48 PM

7. It is beyond me why you people hate him... I'm happy for him and his now fianceé. Congrats.

Posted by: Betocreativo | Sep 1, 2013 6:51:42 PM

8. Seems to be some bitter queens stayin' home all alone on a holiday weekend sharpening their devil tongues with acid. Lighten-up boys. Still some hope for y'all (maybe) Congrats, fellas. Wish you the best.

Posted by: chuckie | Sep 1, 2013 6:53:51 PM

9. Good for them. I hope they will have a great life together.

The struggle to be able to exercise our equal rights has been long and stressful; so what the f**k are you idiots doing raining on anyone's parade.
    I suggest you negative oafs RU & FO.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 1, 2013 7:01:50 PM

10. I think people hate Lance Bass because, in the interview in which he came out of the closet, he referred to himself and his friends as 'SAGs' which he said stood for 'Straight Acting Gays'. He also said at the time that he had no intention of becoming 'a crazy gay activist' . And he's proved that by...well...not doing much of anything for the GLBT community.

In my opinion, the fact that Darren Manzella is dead while Lance Bass not only lives another day but also gets engaged to a pretty gorgeous man is proof that God has a sick sense of humor.

Posted by: peterparker | Sep 1, 2013 7:04:25 PM

11. He texted his intended's parents to ask for permission? How courteous of him.

Posted by: shecky | Sep 1, 2013 7:07:31 PM

12. Seriously guys? what kind of spoilsport takes the time & energy to come here & spew bitterness & hatred? Tomorrow my husband & I celebrate our twenty fourth anniversary together - & the last six of those, legally married. Spoil that, bitches ...

I don't know of Lance & Michael follow Towleroad, but if they do, I, for one, would like to know that there are people who share in their joy.

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Sep 1, 2013 7:39:01 PM

13. I was recently ordained a minister and can marry all now. San Francisco is my domain. Lance and Michael give me a holler, I'd be pleased to tie that knot for you.

Posted by: Cary Chauvet | Sep 1, 2013 7:39:12 PM

14. Nasty. Bitter. Troll. Queens. Who have never been on the cover of people.

Posted by: Sam | Sep 1, 2013 7:42:15 PM

15. That's what the internet is infested with. YouTube, Yahoo, here, people who live in cyber space tend to have little life in the real world. The only validation of their own existence are to troll on internet. That's the least of the attention they get.

Posted by: bambinoitaliano | Sep 1, 2013 7:50:05 PM

16. They are a cute couple. Much happiness to both.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 1, 2013 7:50:07 PM

17. I think maybe some of bitterness is because it seems like he takes out a press release every time there is a change in relationship status. Why is he getting the attention when he is, really, a nobody? Do we hear about the rest of his former bandmates love lives? And it isn't because he's part of the gay community. RuPaul is a bigger gay celebrity but we don't have to hear about his boyfriends. Really, who cares who he is dating? More power to him but I don't think it's newsworthy. Plus there is the fact that he is, to be kind, rather plain looking and he has been known to have some pretty good-looking boyfriends. So there is also the "why him?" factor.

Posted by: Macguffin54 | Sep 1, 2013 8:22:26 PM

18. Congratulations to both! i hope they have the patience and love it takes to enjoy a happy marriage.

Posted by: Happy4Them | Sep 1, 2013 8:26:03 PM

19. May they live happily ever after. Cheers!

Posted by: JoseRVG | Sep 1, 2013 8:53:25 PM

20. May they live happily ever after. Cheers!

Posted by: JoseRVG | Sep 1, 2013 8:53:25 PM

21. There are lots of nice gay guys...then there are the cynical dry turds that hang out here.

Posted by: UFFDA | Sep 1, 2013 9:03:39 PM

22. Mazel Tov!

Posted by: Jeff | Sep 1, 2013 9:04:57 PM

23. At least I have an idea who Lance Bass is, Backstreet Boys, right? Most of the people on the cover of Us and People don't rate recognition. Who really give a flying screw about the mudfuching Kardashians?

Posted by: Hagatha | Sep 1, 2013 9:16:08 PM

24. I give their marriage 8 months.

Posted by: Oliver | Sep 1, 2013 9:18:16 PM

25. Why are people so mad at Lance Bass? Do straight people have an equivalent disdain for Joey Fatone? lol

Posted by: JMC | Sep 1, 2013 9:34:11 PM