Human Rights Campaign | LGBT Rights | News

Massachusetts Anti-Gay Hate Group Offers 'Not Equal' Stickers

Oncar_0314_420

Well this is quite a statement to put on your bumper: MassResistance, a Massachusetts anti-gay group, is giving out 'not equal' stickers that are essentially copies of the Human Rights Campaign's logo with a big, negative slash right through them.

Via Jeremy Hooper's Good As You, here's just a taste of MassResistance's inspiration for making the stickers, taken from their own website:

The concept of "equal" is the building block of the homosexual movement's overall propaganda campaign. Simply put, homosexuality must be considered "equal" to normal heterosexuality throughout society, on all levels of human activity.

By pushing the "equal" sign everywhere, it's also meant to have an intimidating psychological effect on anyone who opposes their movement. Individual activists often display it as much as possible. It says that they're banded together, that they're everywhere, that their "equal" is the new normal, and that we don't have a chance countering their momentum.

The truth is: It's NOT equal. And MassResistance has decided to help you fight back. We've just "come out" with our own sticker that subtly and simply counters their propaganda.

MassResistance has a few suggestions for where you might put your stickers--say, for example, "on your car between your 'Impeach Obama' and 'NRA' stickers."  Maybe you'd like to put them "on doors and walls in public schools--or better yet, in the State House!"

It's one thing to campaign against LGBT equality and to make outlandish statements like claiming that legal protections for LGBT people constitute 'special treatment.'  But it's a whole new low to proudly proclaim your belief that people should be treated unequally, and to make conveient little stickers to share that message.

Oh, and the best part about them?  They're a lovely lavender color.

Comments

1. I've got a suggestion where MassResistance members and followers can place the "not equal" sticker: right over their anus out of which they do all their homophobic talking.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Sep 3, 2013 6:28:17 PM

2. Actually, they're right. We're better.

Posted by: David | Sep 3, 2013 6:29:32 PM

3. My bumper sticker may not agree with your bumper sticker, but I will fight to the death for your right to stick it.

I can think of some place to suggest where these creeps can stick them.

Posted by: Stan D | Sep 3, 2013 6:30:17 PM

4. So this gang of highway men have just shredded Jefferson's writing, " We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal,...."

I don't believe for one minute that the population of the great founding State of Massachusetts would display many of these deliberately provocative and demeaning and unpatriotic bumper stickers.
    How absolutely hateful they seem.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 3, 2013 6:35:26 PM

5. Perpetuate the hate - where in the Buybull is that written?

Posted by: nick | Sep 3, 2013 6:40:11 PM

6. Such shoddy design, and the slash should go the other way, shouldn't it?

Posted by: James in Hollywood | Sep 3, 2013 6:41:09 PM

7. I'm typically very proud to hail from Massachusetts because it's extremely liberal and the majority of the population there has a great sense of logic. This just goes to show ya there are nuts everywhere.

Posted by: Steven Housman | Sep 3, 2013 6:50:35 PM

8. Girl bye. Go play with your purple stickers, you big macho men.

Posted by: whitneyisadude | Sep 3, 2013 6:50:43 PM

9. What a relief - no more guessing about which tires to slash.
    Joking, just joking....

Posted by: Chris | Sep 3, 2013 6:59:34 PM

10. I wonder how many of their members are Irish Catholic? how quickly the oppressed become the oppressors.

Posted by: Bobubye | Sep 3, 2013 7:05:17 PM

11. Massachusetts doesn't dive for every baited hook. When it was the only state that voted for McGovern against Nixon, they had a bumper sticker that read, "Don't Blame Me, I'm From Massachusetts" Gays can't be so naive to believe that everyone's been blown over.

Posted by: EB | Sep 3, 2013 7:21:23 PM

12. @ BOBUBYE :
    You make a dull point........times have changed.......it's now a generational thing, not an ethnic one.
    There was certainly truth to your observation in the past....but things are not as they have been......it's the old American Irish/Order of Hibernians etc who are now shocked to find that the "old country" is light years more liberal and progressive than they are.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 3, 2013 7:45:51 PM

13. Phew....for a second I thought that was a Subaru.

Posted by: excy | Sep 3, 2013 7:52:58 PM

14. Subaru's are very popular in Mass., but more popular in Portland, Oregon.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 3, 2013 8:00:01 PM

15. Not only are these stickers hateful and bigoted -- they are tacky, not well designed and in very, very poor taste. At least Hitler had a sense of design and style. How will MassResistance ever accomplish a gay genocide with such poor graphic design?

Posted by: Gestly | Sep 3, 2013 8:26:04 PM

16. What is "normal heterosexuality"? Is it just the missionary position, and everything else is abnormal heterosexuality, or what?

Posted by: trees | Sep 3, 2013 8:49:46 PM

17. could they be anymore original wow

Posted by: tp | Sep 3, 2013 8:52:58 PM

18. I feel like they would be doing more harm than good for their cause amongst undecided voters.

Posted by: Matt | Sep 3, 2013 8:58:58 PM

19. Request multiple copies over and over again....drain their bank accounts.

I actually think their slogan backfires and makes it clear it's about hate.

Posted by: Lee | Sep 3, 2013 9:02:43 PM

20. In Massachusetts this will be a total yawn and a fizzle. I hope they didn't waste their money by printing a whole bunch. Oh wait, I don't care.

Posted by: norseman | Sep 3, 2013 9:16:38 PM

21. Ok here is what you do when you see this. Keep a supply of "I 'heart' CHER" bumperstickers in your car, pull up along side them and stick it over this. You may use any gay icon you want, I'll go with CHER.

Posted by: NE Rich | Sep 3, 2013 9:26:56 PM

22. I'm with Lee order as many as they can print, toss them.

Posted by: Chevytexas | Sep 3, 2013 9:27:57 PM

23. I don't think I've ever met a "normal heterosexual"...what the hell is that? The concept that embracing and advocating inequality is somehow "American" or adheres to Constitutional values is really amazing. It takes a special kind of crazy to go there.

I guess I will use my "2nd Amendment rights" and blow out the back window of any car displaying this tacky symbol. OK, no, I won't, but I'm sure some moran from the other side has said the same about HRC symbols.

Posted by: SoLeftImRight | Sep 3, 2013 10:36:04 PM

24. "Make it in Massachusetts" The Spirit of America...

Posted by: Don | Sep 3, 2013 10:49:02 PM