Bill Maher | Lawrence King | Music | Music Video | News | Sports | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #1438

BILL MAHER: Atheism is the new gay marriage.

VALENTINE ROAD: New HBO documentary on the murder of Lawrence King.

CANADIAN VARSITY ATHLETES: Speaking out against homophobia for Get REAL.

WINNER: From out singer-songwriter Brendan Maclean.

For recent Guides to the Tube, click HERE.

Comments

1. Atheism is sad and depressing.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 26, 2013 5:35:48 PM

2. In my family we were always entertained by a good Madeline Murray O'Hair debate. Although I think atheists have a more realistic view. Gay marriage is more someone's fairy tale, so I can't agree with Maher there. It's a form of subliminal ownership, where the partners end up wanting to kill each other.

Posted by: TR | Sep 26, 2013 6:56:32 PM

3. Atheism can't be the new gay marriage when we're still fighting for gay marriage.

Oh, and what's really sad and depressing, is when anti-gay people come to gay websites to troll and when miserable people of faith who, no matter how hard they try to make themselves happy with fairy tales, are still the most miserable people on earth but instead of accepting that fact instead project their unhappiness on atheists.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 26, 2013 7:35:41 PM

4. TAM: Keep blabbering away. You just can't conceive of no God, or the absurdity of gay marriage. What makes you think I'm anti-gay? If you want to be self-pitying, sad and depressed, be my guest. That's a great way to enjoy life. No trolling here. That's your lingo. Keep fighting...

Posted by: TR | Sep 26, 2013 9:20:51 PM

5. Personally, I have nothing against anyone who is atheist or agnostic. Doesn't bother me at all.

TR, if the idea of gay marriage is absurd then don't get married. There are many out there, like myself, who would love to get married. So you can piss on my parade if you choose, it's not going to change my opinion.

And don't fairytales normally end with "and they lived happily ever after"? So yeah, I'm cool with my marriage being a fairytale. Thank you. =D

Posted by: Jamie | Sep 26, 2013 10:45:30 PM

6. Thank "god " for Bill Maher. Just because religion purports to answer The Big Questions, and having answers makes people feel better, doesn't make it true.

And besides, who could be happy with a god that allows the Holocaust, Rwanda, the Inquisition, witch burning, etc.

Posted by: David R. | Sep 26, 2013 11:32:32 PM