Colton Cumbie | Jeff Probst | News | Survivor

High Gay Drama on 'Survivor: Blood vs Water' [SPOILERS] - VIDEO

3_survivor

[SPOILERS]

On last night's Survivor: Blood vs. Water, viewers were treated to a hissyfit from gay Republican Colton Cumbie the likes of which have never before been seen on the show. Colton's episode inspired a fierce chewing-out from host Jeff Probst

Watch it go down (start at 2:00 in the first clip) and the aftermath, AFTER THE JUMP...

4_survivor

Caleb reacts:

Colton discusses what happened:

Comments

1. omg...he's a big nellie.

Posted by: moldy mayonaisse | Oct 3, 2013 9:45:19 AM

2. Ugh.

Posted by: Edmund | Oct 3, 2013 9:49:49 AM

3. He went from one of the best villains to one of the worst whimps. Probst gave a low shot saying last time he "faked his appendicitis", the guy was ill and had peritonitis which would have hospitalized anyone. His BF is sweet but completely disposable on the show and his team of alpha-males just sits him out of everything.

Posted by: MIke | Oct 3, 2013 9:55:20 AM

4. I'm disturbed by the type of gay people and black people that get cast on the CBS reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother. From last night's show it seemed that the ONLY reason they brought Colton back was because he had somehow indicated that he was faking the illness the last time he quit the game and they wanted him to admit it on camera. Not all gay people are mincing nellies. Not all black people are lazy people who avoid work and can't swim. Cut it out!

Posted by: John | Oct 3, 2013 10:04:03 AM

5. He acts like he's 5. I hope we never see or hear anything about him again.

Posted by: Cole | Oct 3, 2013 10:09:54 AM

6. This is why I stopped watching more than a decade ago. The show thinks high drama is casting the worst possible living stereotypes, when the best drama would be people defying their stereotypes.

But the show's been on for ages with this formula, so what do I know?

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Oct 3, 2013 10:10:06 AM

7. Why would Colton have "faked" it last time as Probst lashed out when at the time he was picking out the contestants for elimination one by one and had immunity. Colton's problem is all his tribe mates watched that season and knew how he operates, which was marvelous fun back then but the jig was up now.

Posted by: MIke | Oct 3, 2013 10:15:54 AM

8. @JOHN..... Don't hold your breath. You'll be waiting for a long,long time for any reality show to cast a gay man that you can't tell is gay without him telling you.

Although, Gareth Thomas was on Big Brother in the UK. But, he was cast because he is a famous athlete. No other gay man like him would ever be cast.

Posted by: anon | Oct 3, 2013 10:18:50 AM

9. I honestly tried to watch those clips to have something intelligent to say about the whole thing, but I just couldn't. I have no idea what's going on and less concern.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 3, 2013 10:19:45 AM

10. Colton is as Colton does.

This season, he got cornered by people who weren't afraid of him and who didn't fall for his bullying.

The show does a pretty good job of showing all kinds of LGBTs, it's just that Colton is memorable and not in a good way.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Posted by: the other Ken | Oct 3, 2013 10:21:36 AM

11. As terrible as Colton is, Jeff Probst is worse. Patronizing and dishonest. How did Colton fake an appendicitis? He's not the one who came up with that initial diagnosis. He never screamed that it was his appendix.

Posted by: jake | Oct 3, 2013 10:22:57 AM

12. Sleaze and unpleasantness all around from Probst, Colton, other players, etc. except Caleb, who maintained some integrity. Come away, Caleb, let my partner and I take care of you. :) The food will be plentiful and delicious, and the bed is big.

Posted by: Dback | Oct 3, 2013 10:33:13 AM

13. Colton admitted in his after the show interview that he did quit the first time. Colton's boyfriend seems like a really nice guy, so i hope Colton did'nt ruin his game.

Posted by: MIZZYMM | Oct 3, 2013 10:38:54 AM

14. Gay Republican? That pretty much says it all. Blech.

Posted by: Ken | Oct 3, 2013 10:39:27 AM

15. Hate to have him on my team!

Posted by: Jaysonn | Oct 3, 2013 10:42:34 AM

16. Why this show is still on kill never understand

Posted by: Will | Oct 3, 2013 10:44:12 AM

17. Survivor has had many, many gay contestants that were great, just off the top of my head, Women, Scout Cloud ( top 4) Natalie Bolton( Micronesia, top4) Ami Cusack, two different season, MEN, Michael Snow, Rafe (3rd place) Spencer , Jeff Varner, Jp Calderon, John Carroll(papa bear) and Richard Hatch who won and Todd Herzog who won as well.

Posted by: MIZZYMM | Oct 3, 2013 10:46:24 AM

18. Me likey Caleb. He deserves better than Colton. Colton is a bad b-word.

Posted by: Quicksilver | Oct 3, 2013 11:00:40 AM

19. Sad. He gives Republicans a bad name.

Posted by: Morris | Oct 3, 2013 11:01:10 AM

20. F this show, I stopped watching it years ago and I can see after viewing three minutes of the clips it's still the same b.s.
    Where's a tsunami when you need one?

Posted by: Jim | Oct 3, 2013 11:05:18 AM

21. @ JONATHAN :
    What is going on ?

The medium of 'television' has been reduced . emasculated to this second rate pseudo contrived emotional garbage.

Where's the creativity ?
    Where's the originality ?
    Where's the professionalism ?

This all seems just a time filling farce.
    As for that gay guy......grow up.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 3, 2013 11:05:28 AM

22. Why does the Media love the kind of stereotypical gay man that Colton represents so much? Answer: Because bitchy, annoying queens like Colton have helped keep more men in the closet than anybody else. Is it too much to ask that Survivor feature a Robbie Rogers or Orlando Cruz on the program to give gay kids something to be proud of?

Posted by: Mark | Oct 3, 2013 11:11:51 AM

23. UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never watched this show (just find the premise and all the little games and stupid-sh*t drama annoying)and try to avoid clips like these- but my curiosity got the better of me this time.

Wow. What an annoying, immature jerk. Acting like a wimpy, crying, immature 4 year old..... if I were Caleb, I wouldn't have let him sit in my lap like that... and whimper like he's 3?!!!! Geez, no wonder straight people have no respect for us- I wouldn't either, if this is all I saw.

It isn't about acting femme, either. I've known some kick-ass femme guys who would've won this show and eaten all of them for lunch. There's a difference between being femme and showing weakness and immaturity (and d-bagness!)

Posted by: scott | Oct 3, 2013 11:13:03 AM

24. This is very affirming of my decision not to watch this show.

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 3, 2013 11:31:56 AM

25. It's as if they brought out an old stereotype into the current world. So embarrassing to watch. H's acting like a high school mean girl.

Posted by: Nellie | Oct 3, 2013 12:10:30 PM