News: Apple, Martha Stewart, Banksy, Zac Efron, Tiger Cub

RoadFOX News whitewashes American Family Association's hate record.

TbkRoadDavid Levithan's Two Boys Kissing fails to make National Book Award shortlist, but here are all the nominees.

RoadMartha Stewart vs. Gwyneth Paltrow.

RoadNBC News profiles anti-gay activist Scott Lively: “Come what may, I will continue to advocate for the Biblical view of family until my final breath,” he pledged, because “we’re talking about civilization — good and evil being played out in the United States and all around the world.”

RoadMosquito fossil found. Contains blood. "But the mosquito in question lived about 46 million years ago, roughly 20 million years after the dinosaurs went extinct, so it likely fed on the blood of their descendants, namely birds.

RoadBilly Porter to host Empire State Pride Agenda dinner.

RoadLondon zoo's Sumatran tiger cub dies in pool: "In the early hours of Saturday morning, keepers noticed that they could not see the cub on the den cameras, and raised the alarm. The cub was discovered on the edge of the pool. A postmortem conducted on Sunday confirmed the cub had drowned. It is thought that the mother, Melati, carried the cub outside but keepers are unclear as to how the cub got into the pool as there are no cameras in the wider enclosure."

RoadZac Efron bares his butt in That Awkward Moment.

RoadRosie O'Donnell buys four-bedroom home in Nokomis, Florida.

BillionairesRoadSuper-slender, super-tall skyscraper approved for NYC. "...each floor of the building will hold only one gigantic apartment, making this, in essence, a layer cake of super-luxury residences."

RoadNew star of UK's Made in Chelsea tweets homophobic slur: “It’s Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve #gaymarriagef*ckoff”

RoadGay hate crime victims don't report, feel they won't be taken seriously: "More than three-quarters of gay, bisexual and lesbian victims of hate crime did not report it to the police, according to research commissioned by equality campaigner group Stonewall. Half of those reporting a hate crime to police were not satisfied with the way it was handled and fewer than one in 10 victims who reported hate crimes and incidents said it led to a conviction."

RoadMike Huckabee on 2016: "Absolutely. Yeah, no hesitancy to say, for sure. Does that mean I will? I don't know. Does that mean I won't? I don't know. But am I thinking about it? Am I talking to people about it? Yeah, that would be fair to say."

RoadJeremy Jordan gets into his skivvies for 54 Below performance.

RoadAdam Lambert rocks some leather at the premiere of Bridegroom.

Mcdonald_banksyRoadRonald McDonald gets shoes shined in latest Banksy NYC piece.

RoadLady Gaga and the Muppets doing holiday special?

RoadRetired United Methodist pastor to perform service for gay wedding ceremony in Alabama: "Bishop Melvin G. Talbert said Monday it will be an "honor" to officiate at the ceremony later this month in metro Birmingham for Joe Openshaw and Bobby Prince."

RoadApple gets approval for 'spaceship' campus. "Apple's proposed new spaceship-shaped headquarters got a super-charged blast-off Tuesday night when the Cupertino City Council voted unanimously to approve the 2.8-million-square-foot behemoth beside Interstate 280, fulfilling a dream of co-founder Steve Jobs, hatching an iconic landmark for Silicon Valley, and promising more congestion in an already traffic-challenged region for decades to come."

Comments

1. So of course I went straight to the Zac Efron bare butt trailer. Cute butt, totally shaved legs. Bluurg. And he must be taking testosterone to lower his voice.

Lordy, I have sunk so low.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Oct 16, 2013 4:41:30 PM

2. That is a really weird skyscraper in New York, but I would love to see the view from atop!

Posted by: Tom | Oct 16, 2013 4:59:22 PM

3. This film was probably shot before the cocaine rehab. I suspect his career is being managed to the nines. With all the "guy" in this movie, at least the gay males weren't forgotten with that ass shot.
    I liked the glossed up Zac version better. It had the potential to be tipped toward boy desires.

Posted by: GB | Oct 16, 2013 5:02:39 PM

4. I know some queens who are just dying to sit down on that tower...

Posted by: TomTallis | Oct 16, 2013 5:30:32 PM

5. Oh... THAT Jeremy :(

Posted by: Randy | Oct 16, 2013 5:46:52 PM

6. And I thought "Two Boys Kissing" was one of the best books I have read in a long time.
    I'm amazed that there are purported better books out there !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 16, 2013 5:58:11 PM

7. Gee-I wonder if Apple would be willing to pay some taxes to help to finance the costs associated with improving infrastructure in the area of their new facility.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Oct 16, 2013 6:35:59 PM

8. About that mosquito -- there were other things to feed on than birds 46 million years ago. Like, mammals.

Posted by: Hunter | Oct 16, 2013 7:01:07 PM

9. @DannyEastVillage: Apple currently pays $9.2 million annually in taxes to Cupertino; after the new building is completed it will be paying Cupertino about $13 million annually.

For every 4 jobs at Apple, an additional 3 jobs are created in the area. The tax revenue generated merely by Apple staff eating their lunches in Cupertino is $154,000 per year.

The headquarters will contain a central utility plant and solar panels, and Apple, rather than Cupertino, will pay for the changes to local roadways.

Cupertino clearly feels this is a good deal for them, so I wonder on what information your reaction is based.

Posted by: Vint | Oct 16, 2013 7:02:24 PM

10. @DannyEastVillage In California it's pretty common for developers to pay for infrastructure improvements for projects that require them.

Posted by: Craig | Oct 16, 2013 7:24:06 PM

11. BIdart, 72 and gay, reads in Boston on Saturday. Maybe I can get him into my bed.

Posted by: Mr. Smith | Oct 16, 2013 7:40:50 PM

12. Adam Lambert is getting tastier as he ages,

Posted by: colin | Oct 16, 2013 8:38:15 PM

13. If Scott Lively were truly God-fearin', he wouldn't say the crap that he says. I'm just waiting for the lighting bolt to hit him when God finally says "enough, flea!".

Insane people just have no concept of how insane they really are. Sick little toad.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Oct 16, 2013 9:17:38 PM

14. Glambert & Caca in one post. YUCK.

Posted by: don't a tell la | Oct 16, 2013 9:25:53 PM

15. JackFknTwist: I don't know how the Young adult version of the NBA works, but the fiction one really has a type of novel, and they prefer obscure and oppressing novels. Generally very good books but not the ones who make you smile.

It's like the Pulitzer, they have a type too, with the american way of life novels. Of course, some years they think out of the box.

I envy the state of literature in the USA, there are awards that are not jokes (here they are more like publicity stunts that real awards), and there are so many different voices and so many young interesting authors

Posted by: jjose712 | Oct 17, 2013 8:42:07 AM