Dolly Parton | News | Queen Latifah

BigGayDeal.com

Dolly Parton Raps About Her 'Wrecking Balls' for Queen Latifah: VIDEO

Parton

The queen of country turns to hip-hop in a rap performance on The Queen Latifah Show: "I’m workin'. I’m twerkin'. Hey Miley, I got your wrecking balls right here!"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. HAH, I thought it was MADONNA for a moment!

Posted by: AJ | Oct 18, 2013 8:03:40 PM

2. This is the most horrifyingly embarrassing thing I have ever seen. Massive fremdschämen.

Posted by: Blake | Oct 18, 2013 8:20:27 PM

3. Blake's led a sheltered life, thank God. It was awful, but I don't care. I love me some Dolly Parton!

Posted by: Ken | Oct 18, 2013 8:47:03 PM

4. I am so glad she sticks to country. I love her sweet laugh, but that was sooooo white!

Posted by: Robert | Oct 18, 2013 9:31:13 PM

5. OK I love Dolly but that was frigging AWFUL!

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 18, 2013 10:25:02 PM

6. It's sort of sad when these old gals simply don't retire with some class.

Greta Garbo did it the right way and so did Cary Grant. Seems like the stars from later eras want to hold on to something that isn't really theirs any longer.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 18, 2013 10:58:25 PM

7. et all: horor your advocates.

Posted by: my2cents | Oct 18, 2013 11:03:11 PM

8. I love that there is nothing Dolly won't try!

Posted by: Troy | Oct 18, 2013 11:05:13 PM

9. Is anyone actually watching this show (Latifah?) Her refusal to talk anything personal about herself has alienated her from the majority of viewers. Two shows have already been axed from the Fall lineup (Ironside with Blair Underwood and Welcome To The Family) and it is just a matter of time before Bethany Frankle and Queen Latifah get a thumbs down. Don't believe those rumors that McCarthy won't be leaving The View despite their claims otherwise. Like Hecklebeck, she's been given the axe. The best written new show? Sean Saves The World. You can't get through the half hour without laughing repeatedly just on the writing alone.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Oct 18, 2013 11:08:44 PM

10. It's good to see we mostly love her...but this was godawful. The Queen of whatever...future video historians will have to be cringe proof to get through any distant view of how awful hip-hop-street-move-crack-smokin style was back in the 2000 teens. The abscence of class is massive.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 18, 2013 11:13:21 PM

11. Come on, y'all. It was a joke! A "bit." A piece of schtick. Like a half-funny Saturday Night Live skit. It wasn't that great, but people got a chuckle out of it, which was the intention. And looking back over her career, while she's a genius and one of the greatest musical talents in world history, this really isn't that much worse than a few of the skits on her 1980s ABC variety show or the entire movie Rhinestone she did with Sylvester Stallone.

Posted by: DuaGordon | Oct 18, 2013 11:22:22 PM

12. I don't think Dolly was in on the joke. It looked like she was reading a teleprompter. Her reactions betrayed an unwillingness to sing the lyrics and a general sense of discomfort with what she was doing.

Posted by: Zach | Oct 19, 2013 12:53:53 AM

13. Bless her heart.

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Oct 19, 2013 3:10:06 AM

14. Love Dolly! Relax guys, this was a joke.
    Her body is amazing.
    @Johnny, why should Dolly retire? Her concerts still sell well and she still has her voice and talent to write new music.

Posted by: Matt27 | Oct 19, 2013 4:27:21 AM

15. Frankly, I thought this was actually kind of cute.

Posted by: wheelie81 | Oct 19, 2013 4:39:56 AM

16. It was saved by that last line.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 19, 2013 7:24:49 AM

17. Oh, it's Dolly -- at this point in her life, let her do whatever the hell she wants. She doesn't have to prove anything anymore.

Posted by: Gregor | Oct 19, 2013 10:05:26 AM

18. yeah,she's a good sport. she knew how silly it was. she did it and was sorely looking to get a life line out of it from queen latifah

Posted by: woody | Oct 19, 2013 11:58:34 AM

19. @Mike: uh, no. Latifah's show's ratings are through the roof. She's killing it right now.

Posted by: brian | Oct 19, 2013 12:04:36 PM

20. I absolutely adore Dolly Parton, but I just couldn't watch this. Too awkward, even though she's definitely in on the joke.

My favorite Dolly Parton line: "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know I'm not blonde."

Posted by: SeattleMike | Oct 19, 2013 12:38:09 PM

21. That was just as bad as Dolly intended it to be. And you know what? She doesn't give a rats ass what you think. The coolest thing is that in the few words that she actually sang you could hear her angelic voice trying to get out! I love that she can laugh at her self and the whole world too.

Posted by: mdnc | Oct 19, 2013 12:48:58 PM

22. Love ya, Dolly. No matter what.

P.S. I like Queen Latifah's show. But then, I work 3rd shift and there ain't a whole helluva lot to watch in the morning. Just Queen Latifah and the Winchesters.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 19, 2013 1:56:37 PM

23. Isn't Miley her god daughter?

Posted by: Tom | Oct 19, 2013 9:40:17 PM

24. Best show on network t.v., "Supernatural"! Winchester Bros kick ass!

Posted by: Hot Dumb Italian Mike | Oct 20, 2013 3:26:29 PM