Alec Baldwin Hurls Ugly Anti-Gay Slur at Photographer on NYC Street

Baldwin

Actor and MSNBC host Alec Baldwin who came under fire in June for calling a reporter a "toxic little queen" on Twitter, has been caught on camera threatening the paparazzi and using anti-gay slurs while doing so.

TMZ, where you can watch the clip:

The video shows Baldwin –  who was with his wife and baby  — taking off in angry pursuit after the pap (not ours) … yelling, cursing and calling him a "c**ksucking f*g."

UPDATE: Baldwin tweets, claims to have said "fathead". TMZ enhances the audio, doesn't buy it.

GLAAD tweets:

"Mr. Baldwin can’t lend his support for equality on paper, while degrading gay people in practice. It's clearly time Mr. Baldwin listens to the calls from so many LGBT people and allies to end this pattern of anti-gay slurs."

Comments

1. keating says

And I’m sure if you asked him about it he’d say that “a lot of my best friends are gay and I didn’t mean it and I was just angry.” But he’s been using this excuse for years: lame.

2. Leroy Laflamme says

Oh, I can hardly wait for the obigatory non-apology. KEATING’s right of course. There oughta be a law – if youre gonna say, I have gay friends, you’re gonna have to name them.

3. Leroy Laflamme says

4. northalabama says

does anyone really believe alec baldwin is homophobic? no.

is it insensitive to use that language in anger? yes.

should he apologize? yes.

will he ever learn? no.

5. Mike says

A “c!cksucking f!g” ??!!
    Well I do believe he works for MSNBC and you can put away the cuffs and tar and feathers. He’s not Hannity is he? False alarm. Boy and my pearls were 1/2 way clutched.

6. Bryan says

Oh goody. Now he’ll be excused for it again because he’s an “ally”. If you first go to insult everytime you’re angry is usually something anti-gay(this is the 3rd or 4th time he’s done so), then you have to consider there’s an underlying issue.

7. Mike says

I’m surprised he’d do it again since South Park skewered him this season for almost having a Tourette’s type mouth. Maybe non-existent ratings have him loopier than is usual.

8. Secret Identity says

Ug. I used to give him a wide berth when this type of thing happens. But while I still like him, enjoy his acting, love his politics. I don’t like his using a class of people as a pejorative.

If it were anyone else, they’d probably lose their show. Let’s see how this plays out with MSNBC.

9. MrRoboto says

Beyond anger management issues, I think he has a touch of borderline personality disorder. I agree with NORTHALABAMA’s assessment above and take his “will he ever learn” measure up to the point that in Alec’s disordered state, he simply is incapable of the self-reflection required to see that some of the problem lies within himself.

10. Pervy McPerv says

So, I watch The People’s Court. And I remember one time when Judge Milian told a racist litigant who used a slur “in anger,” “I would never say such a thing because it’s NOT IN MY HEART.”

11. MC says

I spent time in a car with him and heard him tell a story of looking at buying Maurice Sendak’s apt in NYC. He is definitely a homophobe–he did this snarky, affected, lispy impression of Maurice who wanted to sell the apt after his lover died and he couldn’t bare to live there anymore. I think he thought he was funny, but I let him know I wasn’t amused.

12. MC says

13. Buttah! says

Paula Deen admits to using a racial slur decades ago and loses her career. Alec Baldwin repeatedly makes anti-gay comments today and is rewarded with a (horrible) program on MSNBC.

14. WeHo says

If Rush Limbaugh had said the same thing just once, GLAAD, HRC and all the other gay victimhood groups would be marching in the streets. Alec will get a pass due to his liberal cred.

15. Ted B. (Charging Rhino) says

Why does this over-exposed “celebrity” keep getting a “pass” by the liberal media for behavior that would end the professional careers of most “regular people”.

16. Ted B. (Charging Rhino) says

17. Ken says

I don’t know why Baldwin continues to play into the paparazzi’s hands by giving them video rants they can sell to tmz. When he does things like this they love, love, love it. Restrain yourself, Alec.

18. Perry says

He keeps getting a free pass because he is a “good” liberal of course. Don’t people know you can call someone a fag (on numerous occasions) and not be homophobic if you are a liberal?

A person’s true nature is shown when they are angry or drunk because their social inhibitions are down.

19. says

It’s like I said the first time around, if you are a true ally to the community words like this aren’t in your vocabulary or at least you wouldn’t use them in such a blatant homophobic way.

20. Chris L. says

I absolutely despise this a**h***. He lives two blocks from my apartment in NYC and I wish he would GET OUT of the neighborhood. He is a child who throws temper tantrums all the time. Hey ALEC, if you hate the spotlight, why in hell have you spent your whole life seeking it out?? If you can’t tale the heat, get out of the kitchen, baby boy. What a pathetic excuse for a man. Clearly, he has a small ****.

21. UrbanMike says

Guys! The dudes a fraud, always has been. He just has a decent publicist.

As my partners father always said, ” it’s a world of make believe, and everyone’s on the make. Believe me”.

22. A Correr! says

This is your future, Hilaria. You’ve got the kid, so you’ve got child support for the next 18 years. If you weren’t foolish enough to sing a pre-nup, you’ll have a good chunk of severance to stake your new life. Take it and run, guapa.

23. jovincent says

That is disappointing. He has been pretty progressive on a whole host of issues including gay rights over the years. He clearly has some major anger issues he needs to deal with.

24. Rick says

“That is disappointing. He has been pretty progressive on a whole host of issues including gay rights over the years”

Over the course of my lifetime, I have seen only the most marginal difference at the personal level between political liberals and political conservatives when it comes to homophobia…..which is why I am so wary of liberals when it comes to gay issues.

Many liberals support the concept of gay “rights” as a matter of principle, but you are tragically mistaken if you think that always or even often translates to acceptance socially. It really doesn’t…..and having “rights” and being tolerated does not really get us much, when you get right down to it.

The only thing that really matters is changes in social attitudes and changes in the male culture……if those took place, we would never need “rights” in the first place.

25. woody says

yes, paparazzi must be annoying, but alec is gonna give himself a stroke if he doesn’t watch out. you’re not 25 anymore alec.
    overweight + anger = stroke.
    take some meds. see a nice gay doctor.

26. Pete says

Look for this liberal icon to be appearing in an “Anti-Bullying” PSA real soon:

“Hi, I’m Alec Baldwin and I’m taking time out of my busy schedule to remind all you little people that there’s nothing cool or hip about being a bully. We can all make this world a better place by respecting each others diffences and refraining from intimidating others by calling people mean-spirited names…blah, blah, blah….

27. Just_a_guy says

I LOVE msnbc. But I promise you, I will NEVER allow my self to sink so low as to watch Alec Baldwin’s show.

Icck. Ru kiddin me! He makes me feel sick to my stomach, and I don’t want to let myself give him any time to try to change my mind.

No, I don’t care what his hairdresser thinks. That’s a huge insult to me to suggest it, sorry.