News | NFL | Reality TV | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Former NFL QB Kordell Stewart: I'm Not Gay

Former NFL quarterback Kordell Stewart is responding after his ex-wife, Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member Porsha Stewart, dragged out her divorce on the show's season premiere last night.

StewartSaid Porsha on the show:

"There were definitely times in the marriage that Kordell didn’t necessarily want me, physically, and that made me wonder, what does he want?" she admitted. "When we first got together, I asked him about rumors of him being gay, because family members were bringing it up to me and friends were asking me about it, and he explained it away ... I didn’t question whether he was gay or not because someone else said it. Any reasons that I questioned it were things I had experienced or seen.”

Stars of Reality TV reports:

When a fan on Twitter  asked Kordell if he was gay, he responded no. Actually, his response was “hell naw!” And after his name became a trending topic on the social site, Kordell tweeted that fans of the show were running their mouths off about things they knew nothing about.

Comments

1. But speaking on his behalf, what should a guy do? We all know women who will play up their damsel routine when it comes to making their point or getting their way. Let's face it, bitches can be "bitchy"! Yeah I said it! And then there are us! We gays have a tendency to be petty and bitchy and pretty much make up our own minds based on our biases/bigotry and/or based on our wild and wishful fantasies.

Posted by: EXCUSE ME! | Nov 4, 2013 12:15:51 PM

2. There are some times when someone just exudes that whole gay vibe.

And, yes, he actually does exude.

Posted by: Michael | Nov 4, 2013 12:26:33 PM

3. Exudes a "gay vibe?" Unless you mean he is manifesting sexual interest in a dude, the "gay vibe" is an illegitimate basis to make conclusions about someone's sexual orientation. Archaic stereotypes should be denounced, not repeated.

Posted by: Malcolm | Nov 4, 2013 12:30:19 PM

4. Just because he wasn't into banging his wife after awhile doesn't mean he's gay. Sheesh.

Now Don Majkowski on the other hand...well I heard some rumors when I was living in Green Bay. Just rumors.

Posted by: Josh V | Nov 4, 2013 12:45:19 PM

5. I wonder if any pre-marriage police records may indicate otherwise. Hmm.

Posted by: Michael | Nov 4, 2013 1:11:24 PM

6. Wives aren't always the last to know.

Posted by: anon | Nov 4, 2013 1:18:18 PM

7. He may or not be gay but one thing for sure is he is a horrible person. His ex-wife isn't so great either but he treated her like garbage.

Posted by: KM | Nov 4, 2013 1:23:53 PM

8. Who cares

Posted by: Jonathan | Nov 4, 2013 2:08:18 PM

9. Too true Josh V . . . just because a man stops banging his wife does not mean he is gay . . . nor that a gay man becomes straight when he stops banging his partner.

Human sexuality is much more complex than people would like it to be.

Posted by: Ricco | Nov 4, 2013 3:04:26 PM

10. I know many gay men, myself included, who have f**ked women, and that did make them straight, certainly a lack of interest in the bedroom cannot be so easily summarised.

When I drove truck over the road, I f**ked (meaning I was the top) several straight men in the cab of my truck, and was certain that despite taking it up the shorts, two of those men were not gay . . . but overworked, underappreciated fathers and husbands witha demanding spouse, and ungrateful children who allowed himself to be taken advantage of by a sexual opportunist (we all have our pasts) just to be held, to feel emotionally sheltered, where no expectations to perform were laid upon him.

When are people going to realize that human sexuality is much more complex than a label?

Posted by: Ricco | Nov 4, 2013 3:14:38 PM

11. Well said Ricco thank you

Posted by: Bellah | Nov 4, 2013 4:13:04 PM

12. He's not gay, he's BI. Duh. And he was arrested in a public park in Pittsburgh soliciting sex. It hit Sportscenter and then disappeared. Google it now and it's just a "rumor" but I recall seeing the news report first hand.

Posted by: Kissyfur | Nov 4, 2013 8:56:25 PM

13. @Kissyfur,

I thought I was the only one. I knew I hadn't imagined it! Thank you!!!

Posted by: Really? | Nov 5, 2013 1:56:06 AM

14. The comments here are kind of funny, seeing as how the rumors about Kordell started in like 1985 and have followed him from state to state. The guy quit the NFL over a "rumor"? I'm sure you know he was accused of frequenting a park that gays and transsexuals frequented for sex years ago? Supposedly a Police Officer caught Kordell in the back of a limo with someone from the park but let him walk since the team was doing so well... I don't know all of the details on that, but people don't just quit the NFL over a rumor. I don't think your teammates would mistreat you over a silly rumor either. This was such a big to-do, that one of Kordell's old teammates from Pittsburgh wrote about Kordell's story in his book. I don't know what he is, I just think there is enough evidence, including his reactions to the rumor today - to question his sexual orientation. While I don't care what he is and who he sleeps with, I do think it's horrible to use anyone. He really hurt Porsha, and if all of this marriage business was some sort of cover-up because he can't live with who he is, he is a horrible for dragging her in the middle of it. Btw, it would only make sense for someone who ran away from the rumor in the NFL to run away from Porsha and the hit Bravo show once the rumors resurfaced, right? He was being questioned after people saw him on the show

Posted by: MarryKate | Nov 5, 2013 2:32:03 AM

15. Women will do this because they hate all men...

Posted by: Ankerich | Nov 5, 2013 9:26:07 AM