Gay Rights | News | Transgender

BigGayDeal.com

Wingnut Austin Ruse Believes Gay Rights Movement Should Be 'Embarrassed' By Transgender People

Austinruse

Austin Ruse, the president of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute, cannot seem to fathom how gay rights leaders would want to involve themselves with transgender individuals. Following ENDA's passage in the Senate, Ruse spoke out, in typically conspiratorial fashion, about a future of quotas for transgender employees, whom he claims have "psychological disturbances."

Right Wing Watch posted Ruse's inflammatory statements:

Race hustlers everywhere know exactly where this is headed, toward self-imposed quotas by businesses large and small. The only way a business can inoculate itself against charges of discriminatory hiring practices is to hire the aggrieved class no matter what. If pushed by the Justice Department, Hobby Lobby’s only line of defense would be to trot out the transsexuals. They don’t even have to know how to type as long as they have lopped off their penises or at least wear dresses.

One of the truly strange things about the gay-rights movement is how free they are with their strangest cousins. You would think that even gay men and lesbians might be rather embarrassed by the T in LGBT. But so bold are they, so fearless, that they now lead with the T. Most Americans are rightly put off by such displays of obvious psychological disturbances.

After spitting his racist, homophobic, and entirely disrespectful rhetoric, Ruse expressed hope that Congress will see fit to bring down ENDA.

Comments

1. A lot of the trolls on this site agree with Ruse, and call transgender people horrible names such as freak. This is the company they keep, and they are no better than this man. Hate is ugly no matter the source.

Posted by: Tyler | Nov 12, 2013 2:14:18 PM

2. well, there are some gay people who are embarrassed by transpeople, and hate them.
    the good news? they're the most uselessly pathetic members of our community, they have no actual lives, and their hatred is limited solely to anonymously spewing anti-trans hatred on internet messageboards.

Just wait for it - two trolls, using about 6 screen names each, will flood this to prove me right. NONE, however, will have the balls to put a face and name to their comments.

Anti-trans gay men are, thankfully, such massive cowards that their hatred exits only in online text.

look. some non-trans people who support them as brothers and sisters. it's what people with integrity do.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 12, 2013 2:15:20 PM

3. I definitely dont think Transgender people are freaks, but they are definitely not the same as gay people. Most gay people do not think the "T" should be part of our civil rights crusade. Transgender are just as foreign to gay people as they are to straight people. Let's not confuse thinking they are "other" with hatred because they are not the same.

Posted by: Nathan | Nov 12, 2013 2:22:27 PM

4. My name is Norman Dostal and I am not ashamed of this post. Little Kiwi. What is your real name?

Posted by: Nathan | Nov 12, 2013 2:23:56 PM

5. Does anybody anywhere understand the difference between HIRING practices and FIRING practices? Under ENDA, no one will be compelled to hire anyone. But they will be compelled not to discriminate among their employees. This is the LGBT version of Death Panels...

Posted by: Robert | Nov 12, 2013 2:24:16 PM

6. Just another nutter promoted by Right-Wing-Watch. I'm starting to consider RWW as one of the greatest promoters of right-wing nutters online.

Posted by: Kev C | Nov 12, 2013 2:24:31 PM

7. I don't think their issues are OUR issues, but I also would never, ever be embarrassed in any way to be mistaken for or associated with a transgendered person.

Posted by: Tiger | Nov 12, 2013 2:26:15 PM

8. There are some people on this site who try to shut down discussion about issues and concerns with transgender topics and persons by labeling everyone who doesn't agree with the pop-doctrine a bigot.

But a gay person's opinions about trangendered people or doctrine don't mean that the t-gurl isn't part of the family, anymore than thinking that Aunt Dierdre is a bltch or cousin Sally is a bit off her rocker makes them less a member of the family. At least, that's how we do things in the South.

Shouting people down and calling them names doesn't make you superior Kiwi, it just makes you the center of attention, which is why you do it, isn't it?

Posted by: endorisha | Nov 12, 2013 2:30:52 PM

9. @Kiwi Why place a link to your site that hasn't had an update in over two months!
    Desperate for attention much? Lame!!!

@Nathan LK's real name is Ray.

Posted by: Logan | Nov 12, 2013 2:31:40 PM

10. Nathan/Norman,
    I couldn't disagree with you more. LGB&T people have all been oppressed/mistreated/etc. because of our sexual orientation/identity. By your reasoning, we could separate L's from G's from B's, or maybe separate butch from femme, or urban from rural...as sexual minorities, we are all one community, embracing all our differences as well as all that we have in common. Strength in numbers, remember. You think a violent homophobe wouldn't attack a transgender person any more or less readily that a gay man or a lesbian? I don't.

Posted by: Robert | Nov 12, 2013 2:31:48 PM

11. as a gya man - I dont pretend to understand or know - WHY people are transgendered, but Im of a "Live and Let let mentality" ....so, a fight for RIGHTS , is a Fight for ALL of OUR RIGHTS LGBTQ people as well!!!!!

Posted by: disgusted american | Nov 12, 2013 2:32:44 PM

12. Unlike some other groups, like anti-gay fringe groups lets say, gay groups and organizations really encompass every social group and ethnic makeup on the planet.

We transcend all boundaries, even the ones you would seek to impose, you would do well to follow our lead.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Nov 12, 2013 2:33:01 PM

13. Raymond Miller. And I proudly stand strong with my trans brothers and sisters. But hey, I was raised by parents that taught me empathy and compassion. Norman, are you Joey's husband?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 12, 2013 2:35:58 PM

14. Hey Nathan, you say "most" gay people don't want trans folks included in the movement. Care to back that up? Got any polls, studies, anything? Or are you just talking out of your butt?

Posted by: Thedrdonna | Nov 12, 2013 2:36:41 PM

15. With the exception of Transsexuals and Hetero Cross Dressers, Transgender folk are connected to Gay people--always have been.

And, of course, some surgically transitioned Transsexuals may have same sex attaction, and that makes them GAY!!!YEY, YEY, YEY!!!!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 12, 2013 2:38:18 PM

16. He is wrong that gay people should be embarrassed by Ts. We shouldn't be embarrassed because gay people are not responsible for what Ts do. We should be embarrassed that we have allowed ourselves to be bamboozled into the bogus LGBT concept.

LGBs are not "one people" with a disparate group of mostly heterosexual transsexuals, crossdressers, and hermaphrodites. There is no inherent bond. The standard justification is that "our enemies are the same." But even if that were true (and it is a simplistic overgeneralization), it depends entirely on the feelings and beliefs of homophobes. We should never define ourselves based on what bigots think at some point in time, nor should we link ourselves with groups because bigots think we are linked.

LGBT has been a disaster for LGBs and for Ts. Let it end.

Posted by: Matthew | Nov 12, 2013 2:39:13 PM

17. Of course they belong, they are getting the exact same treatment we did, jerks don't believe that they are real. They didn't believe that we were real, they thought we were lying to ourselves or others for attention/satan, etc. And they are pushing the same lies and crap on trans people.

To the people who think that our cause is too different to be associated with Trans, you operate from a false reality where a groups definition is prescriptive instead of descriptive. The idea of us all being so different is an illusion. So any rational or logical or kind or patient person would see that they are the same as us.

However, one day theoretically the trans group will become a much larger group and might branch off, probably not, also probably moot.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 12, 2013 2:41:13 PM

18. I think that these people know the battle against gay rights is lost, and that transgender rights is next up. They suppose splitting the two of us up will weaken us.

The transgender community stood by the gay community. I, personally, will not stop fighting for them.

Posted by: Mikey | Nov 12, 2013 2:42:56 PM

19. Ray wrote: "I was raised by parents that taught me empathy and compassion".

Are those the same parents that created an environment so unwelcoming to their gay child that he wished he would just die (a story from Ray himself) because he was gay and didn't want to be? Yeah, I thought so.

Posted by: Logan | Nov 12, 2013 2:47:18 PM

20. @ Little Kiwi. "...they're the most uselessly pathetic members of our community"

- I don't even necessarily think that they are a part of our community. I think more often than not, they're anti-gay straight people who are impostors; they're posturing as gay in order to get reactions like,
    "...pathetic... they have no actual lives..." etc out of us.

They're the people who come on here and suggest every gay-basher is somehow a self-loathing closet gay. It's meant to demoralize us, to make us think that we can't even count on ourselves.

Nathan revealed him-herself as one of those impostors by referring to our equal rights movement as a "crusade".

The people who posture as gay and then spew anti-gay drivel are highly suspect as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: GuyOnYourRight | Nov 12, 2013 2:48:48 PM

21. We tend to think of this guy as our mentally-challenged cousin.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 12, 2013 2:49:04 PM

22. As a gay man, I don't "get" being transgender. Then again, as a gay man, I don't "get" being straight either. I still believe that the movement must be LGBT, and even add the I (for "intersex"). That's because all these groups - L, G, B, T, and I - are attacked, vilified, and dehumanized by the right-wing for the same reason: we fail to conform to their strict gender norms. Without the national obsession with masculinity and femininity and whether an individual is expressing the "right" proportion of each, we would not have any issues in society.

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Nov 12, 2013 2:50:17 PM

23. I've been pretty open and honest about my journey thus far, Troll Logan Who Is Obsessed With Me. A few of my videos with my parents have been featured on this site. They created a great home environment - it was the outside one that negatively affected me. This is why I, unlike many others, Came Out to my family before I came out to my peers. It was their strength that gave me the courage to do so, and to continue to live my life the way I live it.

:D

I'm sorry that you've yet to find, as an adult, the strength and courage I found as a high school student.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Nov 12, 2013 2:50:31 PM

24. Also, people seem to get really, REALLY hung up on trans activism as proof to drop trans people. That is just garbage. No group is it's loudest most controversial member or trans people honestly shouldn't socialize with our bug-chasing, murder-suicide, drug fueled racist selves.

There is a parable in the bible that applies here, now forgive me i forget all the names. King dude was a rich dude who would hear monetary complaints from his citizens and dole out punishment and reward justly. One day a man appeals to the dude "Please, you must help me, my crops were destroyed and I have no money for my bills and taxes and I will be sold into slavery!" The King dude decided to help this man and absolved his debt. Some time later the king hears that the same man is now harshly demanding payment from people he lent money too and/or buying these debtors into slavery. The king, outraged asks why this man knows nothing of mercy when he himself was shown it. The man replies, "What is mercy if not slavery, I came to you to be saved from slavery, not subjected into it by being beholden to you forever."

I think god ends up killing the dude because god is a jerk like that, but the moral is that people are people and expecting them to act a certain way just makes a fool out of you. The idea that things have to be fair is an illusion you create and buy into yourself.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 12, 2013 2:51:37 PM

25. Mikey, the "trans community" has never brought anything to the table since LGBT was contrived in the 1990s. They don't donate or volunteer at meaningful levels. They couldn't care less about gay civil rights. They are overtly hostile to the idea of gay civil rights, except as a vehicle to be used to pass trans rights. If a gay civil rights bill does not include transgender bathroom selection, then they are not only indifferent to it, they actively urge its defeat. They demand that all gay organizations, even ones that have existed for decades and which are entirely funded and run by gay people, be converted into "LGBT" organizations in which they have co-ownership. But at the same time, they keep their own T-only, segregated organizations AND demand that gay people fund those as well.

LGBT is one of the the biggest scam in modern political history. And for a scam to work, it requires a certain number of low-information, highly deluded marks. Congratulations, Mikey. You are the mark.

Posted by: Matthew | Nov 12, 2013 2:52:14 PM