Comments

1. Sean says

This barbaric experience brought you be the enabling of blood thirsty anti-gay troglodytes such as Tony Perkins, Bryan Fischer, and Brian Brown who all have blood on their rancid uncivilized hands.

2. Eric says

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: every LGBT person should buy and carry as much high-quality pepper spray as their local laws will allow and learn how to use it. I live in San Francisco and won’t leave the house without it. I prefer the kind that shoots as a stream [insert joke here] so that there is less chance of it blowing back in my face due to wind. In the US you can get a can for less than 20 bucks.

3. David From Canada says

It’s hard to believe that this primitive type of nonsense is still taking place in the 21st Century.
    Take precautions. Don’t be walking around by yourself late at night – there is safety in numbers. And arm yourself if necessary; the above posting mentioned pepper spray. And be prepared to run FAST!
    Blessings and all Good Will to our friend Mr. Wynn.

4. David From Canada says

@Crispy: Just recently at the bank I go to, a robber/mugger was waiting outside, and attacked a man who just left the bank with cash, by spraying pepper spray into his face, and took off with his money.
    If it works for the attacker it might also work for the attackee.

5. Matt says

This enrages me. It makes me not want to read news but that’s not the answer. The fact is that some segment of the population (usually young men) get a thrill out of violence, and this poor guy was their chosen victim because he was gay. I hope they are caught but doubt they will be. But I would guess that at some point they will be caught for another crime.

6. gb says

23rd Psalm revised:
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me…..
    today’s translation…
    Yea though I walk down this residential street I will fear no a**h***: for thou art with me;thy blade and loaded glock they do comfort me…

7. Jim says

Yet another tragic reason why every gay man or lesbian should get himself or herself trained in proper self-defense and buy and legally carry a gun. Bashers can clobber you anytime, anywhere. Why take a chance on a split skull, a broken jaw, or getting beaten to death? You don’t have to be a gun nut to want to be safe and secure in your person and property. If we gays fought back, there wouldn’t be any bashings. Only gay people can stop gay bashing. Nobody will do it for us.

8. JimmyCap says

According to Crispy, we should all just lay down and die now. Don’t bother trying to defend yourselves; the bad, evil men will get you wherever you are.

9. says

What would proper self-defense and/or pepper spray have done in this situation? He had multiple attackers and was struck before he even got a good look at anyone. I guess if there is a single attacker and you have a moment but cowards like this usually have to attack in a group to even muster up the gumption to do these horrible things.