News: Bruce Jenner, Lobotomies, Sam Champion, North Korea

RoadIndians go 'gay for a day'.

RoadJohn Boehner sneers at conservative activists: "I just think that they have lost all credibility."

CyrusRoadMiley Cyrus wants female nipples freed.

RoadSusan Sarandon gets stoned before every awards show except the Oscars.

RoadWinnie Mandela talks about Nelson Mandela's final moments: "I realized all along as human beings I honestly could not find myself saying 'it is time' but I knew we had reached the end. You get this numb feeling. You don't react to that. I can't describe that kind of sorrow. Even though he was 95 and had done so much, there was so much that was still not done."

RoadUncle of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un executed for 'treachery'.

RoadMedia Matters declares end of war on FOX News: "According to its strategic plan for the next three years, a copy of which was provided to The Huffington Post, Media Matters envisions shifting its focus to new, increasingly influential targets, including Spanish-language media, social media streams, alternative online outlets and morning and entertainment sources. It will enhance its state media and issue-based monitoring, as well as continue its focus on right-wing radio and legacy outlets."

RoadAdam Lambert not sure how long he'll be on Glee: “I’m having a good time popping in here and there because I have a lot of other stuff in the mix right now."

RoadLike an ex-boyfriend?

B_jennerRoadBruce Jenner shaving off his Adam's Apple: "The procedure is typically done on patients who are in the first stage of gender reassignment, but Bruce tells TMZ that is NOT the case with him.  He says, "I just never liked my trachea."

RoadL.A. house listing basically a gay dating ad: "Buy this house and a parade of buff dudes will arrive to stare pensively into the distance, relax in your new bathtub, meditate in your yard, and engage in general bro-y homoeroticism."

RoadIs the universe about to collapse?

RoadU.S. military lobotomized veterans for being gay during and After World War II: "The U.S. government lobotomized roughly 2,000 mentally ill veterans—and likely hundreds more—during and after World War II, according to a cache of forgotten memos, letters and government reports unearthed by The Wall Street Journal. Besieged by psychologically damaged troops returning from the battlefields of North Africa, Europe and the Pacific, the Veterans Administration performed the brain-altering operation on former servicemen it diagnosed as depressives, psychotics and schizophrenics, and occasionally on people identified as homosexuals."

NicodemoRoadAl Jazeera profiles first openly gay high school basketball coach in NYC area: “There are places where openly gay and lesbian coaches are completely supported and places where they’re scared to death to lose their jobs.”

RoadRecord number of openly LGBT candidates seek state House seats in Texas: "Five out candidates — all Democrats — filed to run for House seats before Monday’s deadline. The previous high was four openly LGBT candidates in 2012."

RoadAfter joining Weather Channel, Sam Champion suddenly changes his mind about naming winter storms.

CRoadassini spacecraft sends back new pictures of lakes on Saturn's moon Titan. "Cassini's most recent passes of Titan's northern hemisphere have shown that one lake called the Kraken Mare is much larger than astronomers originally thought. Astronomers were even able to calculate the depth of the lake Ligeia Mare (560 feet) using radar signaling from Cassini."

Comments

1. Never liked his trachea? I need a drink.

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 13, 2013 3:42:30 PM

2. I just finished having an uncontrollable fit of laughter. When I looked at that picture of Bruce Jenner, I literally jolted in my seat, gasped, and then said out loud "holy f*ck", without even realizing it. I can't.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 13, 2013 3:52:24 PM

3. Bruce Jenner shaving off his Adam's Apple... I believe that is called the Coulter Procedure.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 13, 2013 4:10:13 PM

4. Susan Saradon should have played Bette Davis in a biopic twenty years ago. She resembles her so, and both were/are great screen actresses.

@ CRISPY,

amazing. We're always on the same page. I too was thinking of Ann Coulter with that horse throat of hers.

If Jenner is making a transition then more power to Jenner. Why not salvage your life before it ends. Let's have a drink.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 13, 2013 4:31:04 PM

5. What a shame if Jenner turns out to be a tranny. If he is a tranny, then it is telling that he is more willing to say to the press that he had part of a healthy organ cut away on a whim than to admit that he is a tranny. In other words, you come off as less crazy to pay to have your throat sliced open for no reason than if you are a budding transgender.

Clearly, the trans community has a big PR problem. Maybe they should rethink their psychotic rage and endless hatred toward society and particularly towards LGB people.

Posted by: Matthew | Dec 13, 2013 5:03:24 PM

6. Miss Jenner clearly looks like a woman already.

Posted by: jarago | Dec 13, 2013 5:05:31 PM

7. It's disappointing to see celebrities embracing (or claiming to embrace) sexist feminism, when there is a fledgling gender egalitarian movement that seeks to eliminate sexism across the board, for men, women, and others. Hopefully Cyrus and Gaga will wake up to it. And in Cyrus' case, yes, a nipple is just a nipple. In the summer of 2014, women shouldn't have to cover up. I haven't crashed my car yet due to hot shirtless guys (and there were many in my town this year) and I expect no less self-control of straight men.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 13, 2013 5:12:37 PM

8. wow...wouldn't it be something if Nicodemo's team could win a city-wide championshop.

It'd be a great screenplay.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 13, 2013 5:40:09 PM

9. What a shame that people like Matthew are proud of their transphobia. Grow up and stop being such a close-minded little prick

Posted by: Tyler | Dec 13, 2013 5:50:22 PM

10. We need more people like Coach Anthony Nicodemo. What a great story.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Dec 13, 2013 6:02:25 PM

11. Jenner clearly lost it ages ago. Plastic surgery, fine. But he gets mocked every day for it. Enough.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 13, 2013 6:10:22 PM

12. Cheers: Coach Anthony Nicodem

Jeers: Transphobia

Sad thing about the Jenner thing is, I've know a lot of folks who were MTF (not transvestites but actual transsexuals) and so many of them were REALLY MANLY MEN before their transition. It would be very, very interesting to see someone who started out looking like Bruce did before to be a lady as an older person.

Posted by: YSOSERIOUS | Dec 13, 2013 6:15:19 PM

13. Do your thang, Brucie.

Posted by: Bertrille | Dec 13, 2013 6:20:03 PM

14. "Is the universe about to collapse?"

Next question.

Posted by: Glenn | Dec 13, 2013 6:20:49 PM

15. Also, for reasons unclear I clicked on the listing for the LA house. Whoever chose that furniture clearly also really likes urine.

Posted by: Paul R | Dec 13, 2013 6:22:16 PM

16. ah, winnie mandela. the same winnie mandela who told a reporter "Don't touch me. You might have AIDS"

Posted by: unokhan | Dec 14, 2013 1:31:10 AM

17. ftr, what she said, and who she said it to: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-12-09/news/9712090030_1_brandfort-winnie-mandela-orange-free-state-town

Posted by: unokhan | Dec 14, 2013 1:37:19 AM

18. anyone alive who lobotomized gay people should be executed.

Posted by: gri | Dec 14, 2013 3:25:54 AM

19. Everyone thinks this blind item is about Jenner.

Posted by: Chaz | Dec 14, 2013 3:53:22 AM

20. I'm confused. Tell me again why the good LGBT people of Towleroad are bullying Bruce Jenner for supposedly planning a gender transformation? Is the T in the acronym just there for show?

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Dec 14, 2013 12:55:31 PM