Chicago | News | weather

BigGayDeal.com

Chicago Under the Polar Vortex: PHOTO

Chicago

By pilot Hank Cain (via twitter, where you can see the full size)

Comments

1. My teeth chatter just looking at it. Chicago can be one very cold town weather-wise.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 7, 2014 1:56:43 PM

2. Love Chicago, hate the cold winters. Keep warm. Nice shot of the sky line.

Posted by: terryp | Jan 7, 2014 2:06:42 PM

3. Um, who's flying the plane?

Posted by: Lucca | Jan 7, 2014 2:16:41 PM

4. So pretty! That's my home! Going back on Saturday. Glad I missed the polar vortex BS!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Jan 7, 2014 2:20:04 PM

5. Humph. If I lived in Chicago I'd be going back to Mississippi.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 7, 2014 3:31:19 PM

6. I don't know how you people live there.

Posted by: crispy | Jan 7, 2014 3:34:35 PM

7. he's clearly not a pilot, and his twitter says he works for the weather channel.

basic journalism.

who edits this stuff?

Posted by: Jason | Jan 7, 2014 3:44:22 PM

8. Well, I'm right in the middle of the polar vortex and I'm just fine.

Hell, the polar vortex was worse in 1994 when it lingered over Chicago for a week.

and yes, it is gorgeous if you are brave enough to go down to the lake (I live not too far from it).

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jan 7, 2014 4:03:08 PM

9. Well, I'm right in the middle of the polar vortex and I'm just fine.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jan 7, 2014 4:03:09 PM

10. Well, I am truly impressed, CHITOWN KEV.

I guess that's what heppens when you stay away from alcohol--your body gets stronger. Well, I haven't. I can't stand heat, and I can stand cold, and I can't stand the expensive cost of living in a temperate climate like San Francisco.

But tell me the truth, KEV. If you go down to the lake shore tonight how many pairs of long johns will be required?

And why are you going there? Any action?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 7, 2014 4:39:38 PM

11. Chicago is a great town. It was 5 below zero F in Boston on Monday early AM, pretty unheard of.Not unusual to have below zero windchill but the actual temp is usually well above zero, except for a handful of days. Today was also extremely cold with added wind, which made it much worse.

Posted by: ratbastard | Jan 7, 2014 8:02:00 PM