Fitness | News | Satire | Video

BigGayDeal.com

Which of These Gym Stereotypes Are You? - VIDEO

Dude Perfect Gym Stereotypes Selfie

YouTube comedy group Dude Perfect have added to their "Stereotypes" series with "Stereotypes: Gym" and absolutely nails the different types of guys you see when you work out.

DpYou've seen them: "The No Idea What I'm Doing Guy" misusing every piece of equipment; "The Screamer" whose reps can be heard across the gym; "The Mirror Magnet" who spends more time posing than lifting; "Talkative Timmy" carrying on conversations with absolutely everyone.

Dude Perfect was thorough in their listing, however. Not only do they list the guys you've seen, they list the guys you've been. Personally, I've been "The Treadmill Sprinter" and "The Justifier" a few times...and even "The Sweaty Guy" once or twice. Oops.

See how many stereotypes you recognize — and how many you identify with — AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The Screamer and the Hunter/Gatherer should be banned from every gym in the nation. But I find the Don't Know What I'm Doing Guy is good for comic relief.

Posted by: Ready | Jan 9, 2014 9:29:20 AM

2. Gym? What gym?

Posted by: Andrew | Jan 9, 2014 9:32:54 AM

3. I used to be the most common type of gym stereotype....the guy that buys gym memberships but never goes. Gyms LOVE us.

Posted by: excy | Jan 9, 2014 9:36:15 AM

4. I can't stand the sweaty dudes who don't rerack their weights.

Posted by: ELI | Jan 9, 2014 9:47:23 AM

5. Yep, that used to be me, too, Excy. I'll never join a gym again. A waste of money.

Posted by: Joseph | Jan 9, 2014 9:48:08 AM

6. The straight dudes in my gym are MUCH hotter. And while I am the

Gay version:
    Locker Room Lingerer (or Troll) = Never seems to be working out but always in the steam room

Commando Guy:
    Has large penis. Does not wear underwear under gym shorts. Enjoy my show.

Spidermen:
    Guys who wear full body lycra workout gear

Pec Guy:
    No arms, no legs, but huge melon pecs!

All Muscle Guy:
    With teeny peeny

Posted by: QJ201 | Jan 9, 2014 9:54:23 AM

7. More shaming...at least they're going to a gym.....

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 9, 2014 10:09:15 AM

8. @QJ201 totally

I'd like to add:

- Body hair guy: spends hours in the gym improving his body but can't wax his back once in a while?

- Fat guy: who constantly does weights but should be hitting the treadmill

- Tanorexic: followers of tan mom

- body beautiful: don't use right technique or even put in that much effort but easily add muscle and lose fat: I hate you all!

I'm done now

Posted by: Tristram | Jan 9, 2014 10:14:34 AM

9. Having worked in a gym for many years, I can relate to all of it! Marvelous!

The left out the CYBOTS - The people who insist of sitting on equipment to intently carry on text conversations, generally with the person two machines down.

Posted by: Rad | Jan 9, 2014 10:21:14 AM

10. The guy who puts his water bottle on the seat of the machine you want to use, wtf is up with that?

I will cop to wanting to be the selfie guy but I can never follow thru. Love the look of arms just after a great workout.

Posted by: jersey | Jan 9, 2014 10:42:56 AM

11. I am a cyclist and while I do all my workouts at home, I am very guilty of being "the singer". I will put my bike on the trainer, put on a video and my Ipod, and spin for an hour or 2, with frequent outbursts of scatter song lyrics when I feel inspired. My partner, who is a musician, has put up with this for years.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 9, 2014 11:03:57 AM

12. They left out the most common and most irritating: queens on their phones. Anyone who pulls their phone out at the gym should be shot in the face.

Posted by: BWL | Jan 9, 2014 1:32:04 PM

13. @JERSEY: That usually means they're supersetting and are claiming the machine. If done inappropriately, this is a variation of the Hunter-Gatherer who keeps all the weights for himself.

Posted by: Rrhain | Jan 9, 2014 2:08:18 PM

14. They forgot. Only arms guy. The guy who only works his biceps and chest. Big top, small legs.

Posted by: Doug | Jan 9, 2014 2:51:33 PM

15. I work out at home, an hour each day except Sundays. A variety of yoga, Xiser, Fitness Quest, etc. Don't need a damned gym. A waste of time and money and an incubator of skin diseases, among other things.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 9, 2014 3:38:54 PM

16. I'm the never go to a gym because it's dirty and full of germs guy

Posted by: Will | Jan 9, 2014 6:07:16 PM

17. @ "I work out at home, an hour each day except Sundays"

Why don't you work out on Sundays, JAMAL49? Is it because of Sunday church services?

LOL, I couldn't help it, JAMAL. I know what your feelings are about organized religion. But you opened the door for that one.

Bless you, darling...I mean, good luck you!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 9, 2014 6:22:01 PM

18. what about-
    The bird man- Big upper, twig legs. Has been missing legs day forever.

there should also be something like "Token gay dude in the aerobics classes of all women" (me)

Posted by: MaddM@ | Jan 9, 2014 6:31:36 PM

19. I'll take the red-head, nice bums. A gay version of this would be awesome, QJ201 you are on to something.

Posted by: Billy | Jan 9, 2014 7:20:44 PM

20. I love when people think the sanitizer spray bottles at each station are their personal sanitizer bottles. They take them to their workout spot at the gym, even though there are only two or three bottles per station, thus leaving NO spray bottles for anyone else. They're at a gym, but too damn lazy to walk over to the bottle area, bring it to their machine or bench, use it, and put it the hell back.

Posted by: David | Jan 9, 2014 8:02:17 PM

21. I'm a mirror magnet. AND a Spider-Man.

Posted by: whitneyisadude | Jan 10, 2014 8:58:46 AM

22. They forgot "Envy-me Guy." He's the one who brings his girlfriend-of-the-month to his workouts, and the two of them exchange frequent lip-locks and snuggles between their reps. Meant to drive all the lonely roid-heads insane with jealousy.

Straight dudes at the gym might be nice to look at, but whoa....most of them are waaaaay dumb.

Posted by: garryo | Jan 10, 2014 12:53:42 PM

23. How about the "I'm totally straight, but spend my entire time staring at the ass of the guy on the stair stepper" guy. Or the "I'm completely straight but spend more time in the locker and shower rooms than is necessary" guy.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Jan 11, 2014 1:24:35 PM

24. Loved to read your blog. I would like to suggest you that traffic show most people read blogs on Mondays. So it should encourage blogger to write new write ups over the weekend primarily

Posted by: DennisParker | Apr 14, 2014 5:39:47 AM