Juan Pablo Galavis | Lance Bass | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lance Bass Forgives TV's 'Bachelor', Still Thinks 'He's Cute'

Lance Bass forgives TV's Bachelor Juan Pablo Galavis for saying that gays are "perverted" and therefore a gay-themed version of The Bachelor would not set a "good example" for children, the Miami Herald reports:

Bass"I don't hate him at all. I still think he's cute...Of course it's disappointing, because you don't want someone who (you) actually love to have those thoughts.

Bass says Galavis was brainwashed by his Venezuelan culture:

"When you grow up in a place like that, you get brainwashed into thinking that way, you know, you can't help what you grow up with...I mean, I grew up in Mississippi, so I know how people can get brainwashed into thinking really, really awful things. So hopefully, he will learn from this and get educated."

Galavis has since apologized twice for his remarks and will be meeting with GLAAD and gay families.

Comments

1. Well if Lance thinks Juan Pablo Galavis is cute then everything must be okay.

Moron.

Posted by: yup | Jan 24, 2014 9:51:42 AM

2. Lance Bass suffers from that pretty rich boy privelige that lets him think he is exempt from prejudice. It is not an uncommon malady, most gay republicans suffer from it.

Posted by: Jerry | Jan 24, 2014 10:01:57 AM

3. Bass's comment is just as horrible as his radio show on SiriusXM.

Posted by: HereinDC | Jan 24, 2014 10:04:03 AM

4. Yeah, wipe the floor with me, drag me down the gutter ... I still think you're cute. Bass is a sadistic putz.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jan 24, 2014 10:08:35 AM

5. This coming from the reason I stopped listening to OutQ. Lance Bass is a vapid self absorbed twit. He has about as much Pride for the gay community as Sarah Palin does. Him and his band of drolling followers sit on their laurals and talk over each other about nothing for 2 hours and this quote is just one of many great examples of how he won't stand up for anything. Boo Lance. Boo.

Posted by: C.J. | Jan 24, 2014 10:26:44 AM

6. Lance Bass continues to be an irrelevant fool. Sakes Fith Avenue for an engagement ring? I am still guffawing over that one. Now this ass is defending the Bachelor. Go home

Posted by: Stanhope | Jan 24, 2014 10:36:45 AM

7. That's so ... logical ... not!

Posted by: Matt27 | Jan 24, 2014 10:45:24 AM

8. Lance Bass is a tool. Toolbox.

Posted by: Blair | Jan 24, 2014 10:51:35 AM

9. Lance falls victim in thinking beauty forgives ignorance. Wonder what he would think if Juan Pablo were ugly?

Posted by: Jack M | Jan 24, 2014 10:57:52 AM

10. Thank God Lance Bass forgives the bachelor because he is cute. What a stupid queen! Why is he famous again?

Posted by: Mick | Jan 24, 2014 11:09:50 AM

11. That pretty much sums up any "fangirl" defending a celeb because they're hot.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 24, 2014 11:23:21 AM

12. This is just too funny. Vapid, but funny.

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Jan 24, 2014 11:35:33 AM

13. Who really cares what Lance Bass thinks? He sounds like a silly queen here. I don't watch, or care about the Batchelor and I don't care what a himbo on a reality show thinks about gay people.

Posted by: Daniel | Jan 24, 2014 11:47:34 AM

14. Bass is ass.....

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 24, 2014 11:50:12 AM

15. so if Hitler had been cute then Lance would forgive and forget

Posted by: Moz's | Jan 24, 2014 12:25:56 PM

16. This is nothing new. Remember when teen girls lusted over the Boston bombing guy? Back in the late 1800s women all over America swooned over pics of Dr. Holmes, who killed upwards of 100 people. They claimed he was too handsome to have committed those crimes. Personally, I think we are in the habit of vastly over-reacting and being offended by every off-handed comment out there. I usually just consider the source. I don't care what Lance Bass thinks. And I certainly don't care what the new Bachelor thinks either. I can't believe that show is even still on.

Posted by: AJ | Jan 24, 2014 12:56:49 PM

17. lass bass self absorbed self promoting empty shirt

Posted by: walter | Jan 24, 2014 1:30:53 PM

18. I forgive Lance Bass for being such a fortunate, self-centered, entitled loser.

There, I gave my opinion as well.

Posted by: the righteous sword | Jan 24, 2014 1:39:59 PM

19. Well said Lance. If you are unfortunate enough to read the comments on this thread, just know that these PC Police require that everyone think, speak and act according to their authoritarian dictates. They are as intolerant of individual differences as the wingnuts on the right.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 24, 2014 2:15:47 PM

20. Lance has always been spineless & weak.

Posted by: Icebloo | Jan 24, 2014 2:45:36 PM

21. And we should care what he thinks why?

Posted by: Perry | Jan 24, 2014 2:47:50 PM

22. Towleroad. Please don't promote Lance Bass as being the voice of our people. He's a former frosted tip boybander with so very little to add to our community by way of representation.

Posted by: John | Jan 24, 2014 3:05:19 PM

23. this is why everyone hates Lance Bass

Posted by: niles | Jan 24, 2014 3:44:47 PM

24. Though silly to talk about the fact that the guy is "cute", in a way Bass does have a point. If this bachelor idiot can learn from this and recognize that he was, as Bass puts it, brainwashed, then maybe something good can come from it. Was the Bachelor a tool and were his words offensive? Yes, but we have bigger fish to fry, and vilifying him isn't going to make him change his mind about us any faster. Let's cut the dumb f@dk a break. He's so-called apologized and while even that was weak, at least maybe he learned to shut his mouth in the future.

Posted by: graphicjack | Jan 24, 2014 4:00:07 PM