Lance Bass | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lance Bass is ‘Walking on Air’ In New Music Video: WATCH

Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 11.06.09 AM

After a 12 year hiatus, Lance Bass is back on the music scene with a new single “Walking on Air.” The 34-year-old former ‘N Sync singer is joined in the video by Anise K and Bella Blue.

Bass spoke to Billboard about why he wanted to make his return to music with this song:

"It's fun, good dance music and that's what appealed to me," Bass said. "It had this really cool almost Arabian sound to it with the sitar which I really love and I don't think it's used enough here in America, so that was very different to me and knew it would stand out."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Screen Shot 2014-01-26 at 11.04.39 AM

Comments

1. I want support him but...

it's terrible.

Sorry Lance..it sounds like a bad housewives song.

Posted by: Glen | Jan 26, 2014 3:06:41 PM

2. I like him as well but the song and video are not good.

Posted by: Michel Filion | Jan 26, 2014 3:12:57 PM

3. When he first came out of the closet, he wrote an autobiography and went on a book tour in 2007. I waited in line at Los Angeles's The Grove's Barnes and Noble. There were so many people in line to meet him. Anyway, there were dozens of vapid, plastic gay guys who cut the line. They were "friends" of his... more like hanger-ons. Anyway, each one smiled their fake smiles as they took a photo with him and an autographed copy, which was odd, since they were supposedly friends. I just remember looking at lance surrounded by all these cheap male bimbos and thinking, "If this is who he surrounds himself with, what's going to happen to his career?" Lance needed to check out the types of people Justin Timberlake surrounded himself with.

Oh well.

Posted by: Oh Well | Jan 26, 2014 3:16:12 PM

4. The sitar is Indian, not Arabian.

Posted by: ermagherd | Jan 26, 2014 3:19:53 PM

5. lol i see why he was never given any solos in nsync

Posted by: JMC | Jan 26, 2014 3:27:13 PM

6. Much success with your new single.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 26, 2014 3:33:46 PM

7. Sounds like something from the Eurovision song contest. And I don't mean that in a good way. Sorry...

Posted by: KCUFAKCUS | Jan 26, 2014 3:46:12 PM

8. It's not my thing at all but good for him. He looks like he's having fun so more power to him.

Posted by: Joshua | Jan 26, 2014 3:53:14 PM

9. I'm having a hard time discerning effort, talent or creativity when I listen to this - I guess you'd call it a song. Rather like Madonna's last, um, emission. Having said that best of luck to him.

Posted by: Mastik8 | Jan 26, 2014 4:03:53 PM

10. I like his "new" scruffy look, but the song is utterly forgettable. Nice guy, though.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 26, 2014 4:08:39 PM

11. Another Auto-Tuned mess. And after his support of that pig from "The Bachelor", I definitely won't be supporting anything Bass does.

Posted by: Nope | Jan 26, 2014 4:16:45 PM

12. Hmmm, considering he did many videos with N'Sync, he seemed strangely uncomfortable looking on camera.

Posted by: ernest1960 | Jan 26, 2014 4:29:21 PM

13. Who. Fuckking. Cares.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 26, 2014 4:34:50 PM

14. (I really wish Towleroad didn't make me misspell f*cking in order for it to post.)

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 26, 2014 4:36:28 PM

15. Dumb.

Posted by: Mick | Jan 26, 2014 4:48:00 PM

16. "I'm white, rich, and I live in Los Angeles!" I think that's primarily what this song says to me, and perhaps is the song's target demographic (or for people who wish they were that). I guess it's not that bad of a song - but yeah, in comparison to his stuff with N'Sync, this pales in comparison.

Posted by: steve | Jan 26, 2014 5:09:38 PM

17. very "cute", now go away

Posted by: niles | Jan 26, 2014 5:27:26 PM

18. Not my cup of tea, but best of luck.

Posted by: John | Jan 26, 2014 6:21:08 PM

19. And 12 years is an awful long time to be away from your chosen industry.

That would make him 22 years or younger since the last time recorded... !!

Posted by: John | Jan 26, 2014 6:23:34 PM

20. I give it a 5/10. Both Lance's voice and the track are so-so. Dude needs to collaborate with Justin, ASAP.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Jan 26, 2014 7:33:22 PM

21. As a child of the 70's-80's, loved it! I'm not a disco fan, but this I liked. Beautiful video!

Posted by: castaway | Jan 26, 2014 7:34:16 PM

22. Very Bollywood.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jan 26, 2014 7:57:22 PM

23. http://www.queerty.com/lance-bass-forgives-homophobic-bachelor-thinks-hes-cute-and-cant-help-it-20140125/

To hell with that ass kisser.

Posted by: Ronny | Jan 26, 2014 8:15:42 PM

24. They have been playing original version with Snoop Dog in Europe for the last couple of months now. Guess they decided to mix Lance in the US version... Here's the original, much better in my opinion, version with Snoop Doog

Posted by: RESOFFLA | Jan 26, 2014 10:41:02 PM

25. he's a self hating gay, no time for her!

Posted by: Liam | Jan 27, 2014 12:25:34 AM