Music | News | Pentatonix | Sesame Street

Pentatonix Make Counting To Five Sound Beautiful On 'Sesame Street': VIDEO

Pentatonix street

Your favorite a cappella group is back and better than ever.

That's right, Pentatonix, the famous fivesome who won NBC's "The Sing-Off," will appear on Sesame Street February 7th to help teach kids about the magic of numbers. And as a special treat, a couple members of the group (namely their bass and beat boxer) who rarely get to sing out above the higher-pitched voices have their own solos. Counting has never sounded more beautiful!

Check out their numerical stylings, and a bonus rendition of "Sesame Street" classics, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That was adorable. Awesome to see Sesame Street is still going strong.

Posted by: Ryan | Jan 28, 2014 11:16:50 AM

2. Clearly they are from outer space. These alien creatures have proven that angels are real...and really like cookies...a lot´╗┐

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 28, 2014 12:22:49 PM

3. Love Pentatonix!
    Have their albums and supported them since they mentioned the Trevor Project on the Sing-Off.

Also: 12 was my favorite song as a kid - -the pinball machine!

Posted by: Strepsi | Jan 28, 2014 12:46:48 PM

4. God, this acapella crap never ends here. WHY is this considered impressive?!

Posted by: Robert | Jan 28, 2014 1:19:45 PM

5. Robert: Why lose your time (and the time of the people who lose it reading you stupid comment) and don't pass on the news that you are not interested.

Pentatonix has two gay members, and curiously (or not, because they are really talented) they are very popular (to a totally different level of any other group that was in the sing off).
    If you don't like is perfectly ok, but what you like or not is not the meassure of anything, and giving the fact that the tittle of the article says clearly what this is about, you could easily avoid watch the clips if you wanted it

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 28, 2014 1:37:11 PM

6. I like Pentatonix (Mitch is my favorite of the group), but Robert does have a small point: Towleroad has had a lot of a cappella posts in the past year.

Posted by: Sergio | Jan 28, 2014 3:52:22 PM

7. Interesting comments above. All the acappella singing posts here had me thinking acappella must be one of those things popular with all the other gays that I just don't get. Now I know I am not alone.

That being said their bit for Sesame Street seems like a great thing for kids!

Posted by: bicuriousus | Jan 28, 2014 6:11:21 PM

8. Somehow I find myself only wanting to have sex with Avi. Just the look.

Posted by: Jerry | Jan 28, 2014 6:43:26 PM