Comments

1. Steve Talbert says

I also thought that double bearded meant a movie about a bearded closeted gay guy with a girlfriend/wife. LOL. The trailer looks less interesting than what I was hoping. It’s a remake of either Fight Club, Revenge of the Clone, or Twins – or all.

2. jarago says

Two Jakes are always more fun than one- the trailer looks creepy and Hitchcockian and there is a classic Alfred Hitchcock presents about a man who also has a double.

3. UFFDA says

I love JG but this looks so contrived which means stupid. Look alike characters are such an old tire that no re-tread can be the least bit credible. Besides not in the whole universe could there be a second man as good looking as Mr. Gyllenhaal.

4. Bryan says

MickeyFlip: A Perfect Blue reference!! I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully Enemy doesn’t have quite the same resolution.

I think the film looks good, and I don’t know why so many seem to dislike Jake. Except for Prince of Persia and Day After Tomorrow he’s done a lot of interesting work. Source Code, Zodiac, Donnie Darko, Prisoners, End of Watch, Jarhead, Brokeback Mountain. Even then the movie should be annoying he somehow makes it interesting. Plus: he’s hot, and seems like a decent enough guy.

5. MickyFlip says

@ Bryan. Apologies for late post but I’m happy I’m not the only one who saw the Perfect Blue reference as well. And Gyllenhaal is a great actor. And easy on the eyes. But he’s still developing his craft and have a feeling he’ll be tackling more great roles. I look forward to it. Take care

6. MickyFlip says

Oh and one more thing Bryan. This film just may be the live action version of Perfect Blue with a different plot. Much like the Matrix was to Ghost in the Shell, Inception to Paprika, Chronicle to Akira etc etc. Sometimes the best way to bring Japanimation to live action is use the references from original to put in another context. At least that’s what I think.