Kiss | News

20 Strangers Asked to Kiss for the First Time: VIDEO

Kiss

Amateur filmmaker Tatia Pilieva's short film, in which she asked 20 strangers to kiss for the first time, has gone viral in a day. The sequel: oral sex?

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Could they not have found 2 gay guys for the gay kiss? Theirs was missing the hints at passion, the curiosity and the innocence of the others. The guys were just awkward.

Posted by: Chadd | Mar 11, 2014 7:27:09 AM

2. I didn't see the guys as being awkward, and I was under the impression that the same sex couples identified as gay. Interesting. I also wasn't sure if the kisses were supposed to turn passionate or if that was chemistry at work.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 11, 2014 7:36:12 AM

3. Aww, this managed to bring out the deeply-repressed hopeless romantic side of mine back to the surface! I wonder if any of them became a couple after this...

Posted by: Chris K | Mar 11, 2014 7:43:27 AM

4. Has no one ever been to a gay bar? I've made out with a LOT of strangers for the first time.

Posted by: Tigernan | Mar 11, 2014 8:13:39 AM

5. Men kissing women? What's that about?

Posted by: UFFDA | Mar 11, 2014 8:23:29 AM

6. The 2 guys just sucked. I was really put off by the disparity between the involvement of the other couples vs the guys. AWFUL

Posted by: stanhope | Mar 11, 2014 8:56:48 AM

7. I don't think we should jump to conclusions about how the guys interacted. Maybe they are both introverts and shy to begin with. Not everybody, gay or straight, is going to behave the way we expect them to. Everyone's different.

I think if we saw more than one gay male couple we may have come away with different conclusions.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 11, 2014 9:15:27 AM

8. I'd definitely be okay kissing a stranger--it seems kinda' hot. Although, I'd want to know what their cold-sore status was...

Posted by: Michael W. | Mar 11, 2014 9:29:00 AM

9. I think that with the gay male pairing, the guy on the right was a bit insecure and the guy on the left was more confident, which made the other guy feel even less secure. Happens every minute of every day.

Accordingly, their kiss did indeed kind of suck.

But all the participants are attractive, and I'd make out with any of them in a heartbeat. Knowing their names? How quaint.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 11, 2014 9:54:48 AM

10. not sure why it brought tears to my eyes.

Posted by: Anthony | Mar 11, 2014 10:03:20 AM

11. For some inexplicable reason, I had no idea what to think about the different guys in this, but a couple of the women I looked at I thought, "I'll bet she'd be a great kisser"--and she was. Is a kind of quiet confidence and a sense of humor an indicator of being a good kisser?

Posted by: Dback | Mar 11, 2014 10:33:23 AM

12. How could anyone think that those two men aren't gay???

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Mar 11, 2014 10:43:37 AM

13. Ok, for me, the two guys kissing here brought the most sparks. Yeah it was awkward. They were on camera, and strangers.

Also, I found the two women kissing to be very sexy. And the guy with a hat in and the blonde chick with her hair up both looked good and looked good together for some reason. The blonde but awkward guy and lady kissing also made me feel a wierd chemistry. And the androgynous guy and the girl he kissed was hot for me, too.

I call the five above pairings as standouts and sexy/edgy. The others sometimes had individually attractive people, but for some reason those kisses just weren't at all sexy to me; maybe they looked cliche? Boring?

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Mar 11, 2014 11:16:33 AM

14. The two men did stand out because of their hesitance, which was a shame. At first I thought both or one (the one on the right) must not be gay. Now I wonder if they are gay but were holding back because they thought everyone else would be holding back and they didn't want to represent gay men as being oversexed.

Hey, kissing strangers can be fun, even when names are exchanged.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Mar 11, 2014 11:18:30 AM

15. I thought the 2 guys were cute at the end when he said, "I don't know why, but I just want to hug you", and then they did, it was really a great moment.

Posted by: C.J. | Mar 11, 2014 11:53:17 AM

16. Oh it's Opal from All My Children!

Posted by: homer | Mar 11, 2014 11:59:44 AM

17. "The sequel: oral sex?" Way to cheapen a pretty sweet video, Andy.

Posted by: theo | Mar 11, 2014 12:08:52 PM

18. I Kiss strangers all the time

Posted by: diego | Mar 11, 2014 12:18:55 PM

19. I gotta say I'm with Theo, haha. But truly.

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Mar 11, 2014 1:03:59 PM

20. I think that many gay men are very self-conscious about kissing "in public". If those men were in a private, or semi-private moment, it would probably been different. I thought their little kiss was sweet.

Posted by: jeff | Mar 11, 2014 1:23:00 PM

21. Really sweet. I think the point was that each pairing had different reactions. I wouldn't generalize about any group - gay or straight - based on this.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Mar 11, 2014 1:40:05 PM

22. What exactly is this supposed to be promoting? Anonymous sex? Relationships without meaning? Kind of stupidly pointless and ultimately gratuitous and therefore useless.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Mar 11, 2014 2:56:14 PM

23. Tinkerbelle, I'm glad I don't know you.

Posted by: Mick | Mar 11, 2014 3:30:52 PM

24. And the point of this was ?

Posted by: jarago | Mar 11, 2014 5:58:28 PM

25. @ tinkerbell. I just didn't see it that way. I found it to a an interesting portrait of people meeting/interacting. I thought it was sweet, and compelling, and very human.

Posted by: Bob | Mar 11, 2014 8:24:57 PM