Facial Hair | Hair | News | Science | Video

Can Drinking Testosterone Turn You Super Hairy? - VIDEO

Hairy_guy

If someone slipped testosterone into your drink, would you start sprouting massive amounts of body hair the way you might have when you went through puberty?

Not exactly, according to The Medicine Journal, a YouTube channel dedicated to demystifying the secrets of the human body.

In short, it might not cause you to develop hair growth all over your body. It really depends on your genetics and how many of your remaining hair follicles are still capable of sprouting new stalks of fur.

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via Gizmodo)

Comments

1. Yes pls. I'll take a dozen.

Posted by: David | Mar 28, 2014 8:23:02 AM

2. its follicle, not follicule, mr deep voiced narrator...

Posted by: bandanajack | Mar 28, 2014 8:38:48 AM

3. The guy in the picture is not super hairy. He's hairy enough.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 28, 2014 8:57:01 AM

4. Careful what you wish for: I'm super hairy and am constantly having to vacuum up dust bunnies all over my house.

Posted by: chasmader | Mar 28, 2014 9:08:06 AM

5. Just drink whiskey.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 28, 2014 9:19:04 AM

6. Someone Photoshopped that picture using the hairbrush. The dude's beard is total fake and the chest hair has repeating patterns.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: johnny | Mar 28, 2014 9:25:05 AM

7. OMG he's so Friggin HOTTT!!!!

Posted by: disgusted american | Mar 28, 2014 10:18:56 AM

8. Johnny, It is a bad photoshop job. Even the skin tone is fake.

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Mar 28, 2014 12:14:10 PM

9. @ "Just drink whiskey."

That's why I love, CRISPY. You're always keeping me in mind.

In fact, these are some of the funniest comments on Towleroad ever.

But tell me something: this Testosterone, is it brown liquor or white liquor...or is it some brand of imported wine?

I'll get some if it's not too expensive. You see, I'm not one of these well-to-do homos. I'm on a budget.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Mar 28, 2014 12:23:12 PM

10. Thank you for the photo. And who cares if it's photoshopped?

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Mar 28, 2014 1:04:13 PM

11. It will make your existing hair thicker.

Posted by: anon | Mar 28, 2014 2:09:00 PM

12. This is so surreal that body hair is coming into fashion. I remember feeling like a freak 12 years ago when I was first coming out and wasn't a twink or smooth muscle jock.

Now I hear there is such a thing as a chest hair transplant? Yeesh.

Posted by: brandon h | Mar 28, 2014 5:07:15 PM

13. Brandon, I know exactly what you mean! I feel the same way. I was even trying to get body hair removed by laser. Now it seems among a segment of the gay population having thick chest hair is equivalent to having huge breasts in the straight population, à la Pamela Anderson. Glad I can stop shaving it off now.

Posted by: Ulu | Mar 28, 2014 6:19:59 PM

14. That's a photo-shop of model Kyle Tiringer. Click here for more of him:

Posted by: Stan D | Mar 29, 2014 4:12:39 AM

15. I have been told that I have one of the best hairy chest patterns guys have ever seen (hairy chest with a straight line done to happy land. And it is as soft as the hair on my head.) However, I also have hair on my back which most guys hate. Would like to know if laser treatments work.

Posted by: Jaysonn | Apr 3, 2014 11:47:23 AM

16. Drinking testosterone will destroy your liver.

Posted by: John P Ouderkirk, MD | Apr 10, 2014 8:51:07 AM

17. Jaysonn. Yes, laser treatment works. Would LOVE to see a picture! LOL!!

Posted by: John P Ouderkirk, MD | Apr 10, 2014 8:52:30 AM