Comments

1. Gerry says

“She goes,’ I’m gonna go dance,'” Lowe says, and asked him to come with her. “And I was like, ‘You’re gonna go out there?’ … I said, ‘You’re crazy. You can’t – you’re crazy.’ And I said, ‘I’ll wait here.'”

Madonna went off to dance, and Lowe says she never came back. “But right before she walked away she turned to me and said, ‘I’m not gonna let success f*** up my fun.”

2. alguien says

unfortunately, even madonna ultimately had to let success spoil her fun. i read an interview with her from the early 90s (right around blonde ambition) in which she said that one of the most difficult things was that, due to her fame, she had to stay sequestered in her hotel suite while all her back-up dancers/vocalists and musicians got to go out and have fun.

3. Mike says

Many stars have gone on record to say that if they really want to go out unrecognized they can pretty easily. I imagine for women that are usually seen with a lot of makeup it is even easier: dress down, no makeup, wig, etc.

4. Pablo says

Oh my god, do not turn Towleroad into one of those click-bait garbage websites.

If you have a story, post it. Don’t tease it and make people jump through hoops to get to the meat of it. This place is really going down hill.

5. JOE 2 says

Yes, that is indeed wonderful advice – and such an important lesson – if you happen to be one of the .00000000000000000001% of the world’s population who is a mega-celebrity. Most of us don’t have a problem with success ruining our fun, thank _______ [fill in the blank] :^) .

6. Dback says

On the other hand, Lowe has a much nicer reputation as a “good guy,” compared with Madonna, who if she can’t use you will kick you to the curb in a millisecond.