Dubai | News | Skydiving | Sports

Watch Two Daredevils' Jaw-Dropping BASE Jump from World’s Tallest Building: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 10.27.38 AM

Skydivers Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen set a new Guinness World Record this week when the two adrenaline junkies jumped off the Burj Khalifa in Dubai – the tallest building in the world.

The building stands 2,700 feet tall, nearly twice as tall as the Empire State Building. My blood pressure went up a bit just watching this video. Absolutely stunning.

Check it out, AFTER THE (BASE) JUMP

Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 10.28.24 AM

Comments

1. No way in the world I'm watching that!

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 24, 2014 12:16:36 PM

2. Times like these remind me how fundamentally different adrenaline junkies are from the rest of us.

Posted by: Sergio | Apr 24, 2014 12:26:04 PM

3. I really hate how the internet is glorifying this stupidity.

Posted by: Rad | Apr 24, 2014 12:27:43 PM

4. Not my cup of tea, but I can see that if you like roller coasters, then this might be the utimate roller coaster (but no tracks or safety rails!) :-)

Posted by: Howard B | Apr 24, 2014 1:20:20 PM

5. Of course they had to be French, who are getting particularly good at this kind of useless nonsense. Of course, the French are always at least five years behind the trends.

By the way, it looks like there were three people who actually jumped (the cameraman, I assume).

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Apr 24, 2014 1:27:41 PM

6. Frogs jump, what can I say.

Looks like a blast and I love that in Dubai you can do it if you want (be fun to know the back story here.) Not like in the US where everyone is forced by law to stay "safe" and even go on living against their will. Life with risks is the best way to live and learn to live.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 24, 2014 1:29:37 PM

7. OMG, I wanna do this!!! How fun!

Posted by: Lucas | Apr 24, 2014 1:39:25 PM

8. "Life with risks is the best way to live and learn to live."

No. That is your opinion, and nothing more. Some people aren't crippled with the need to jump off buildings to feel worthwhile.

Posted by: Håkon | Apr 24, 2014 2:22:26 PM

9. It would be nice if someone could remove my balls from my throat...

Posted by: Tre | Apr 24, 2014 5:32:21 PM

10. When the video jumped to the POV from the trail jumper just as they stepped off, I actually grabbed a hold of the couch. LOL! That's just crazy insane!

Posted by: JNJ | Apr 24, 2014 6:22:48 PM

11. Is Towleroad supporting Dubai and it's horrible anti-gay laws?

Posted by: litper | Apr 24, 2014 7:02:23 PM

12. @UFFDA in Dubai you would be sent to jail for being gay

Posted by: litper | Apr 24, 2014 7:03:04 PM

13. Three people jumped. So the camera man also broke the record.

Posted by: Brion | Apr 24, 2014 8:11:03 PM