News | Web Series

Web Series ‘Wallflowers’ Explores The Lives Of The Hopelessly Single: VIDEO

John

Just out today is Episode 2 in the second season of Kieran Turner’s web-series, “Wallflowers." The first season introduced us to a boisterous band of New York singletons that meet weekly for a support group catering to the romantically challenged. The show focuses on both gay and straight relationships and the discord and dysfunction inherent to both. According to Turner,

“In Wallflowers, there are straight, gay and bisexual characters. But they’re characters first. I wanted to explore what all these different types of people go through in their search to find love, and do it in the most honest way possible. Those are the stories I want to tell, and that I've always told. I really despise stereotypes of any kind, especially gay ones. They're insulting and reductive and I feel like sometimes our creative community relies on them way too heavily in order to get a laugh. I think we’re better than that and we've moved past it."

Season 2 finds former child star turned successful casting director Bryce (Patch Darragh) on the ropes with love when he meets a bewitching musician, Alex (John Halbach, pictured above, whom you may recognize from his work on “Eastsiders”).

Watch the attraction bloom in the season 2 opener and episode 2, AFTER THE JUMP…

Season 1 is available in its entirety and can be viewed HERE on Stage 17.

Comments

1. Wow, episode two. That could've been a scene right out of my life. Love to see a gay hookup that makes you think rather than just being there to tittilate. Although both guys are pretty easy on the eyes!

Posted by: Jim | Apr 10, 2014 12:24:39 PM

2. Really well shot, directed and acted.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 10, 2014 3:04:04 PM

3. I like the new direction Season Two is taking! My favorite moments in Season One were the quieter moments between characters, and it's great to see there's more of that coming.

Posted by: Bill Pitzonka | Apr 10, 2014 6:41:03 PM

4. I absolutely love this series. Season 1 was great and so far this season promises to surpass all my expectations. I've really come to love these flawed, yet utterly relatable characters. Well worth watching!

Posted by: Rafael | Apr 10, 2014 7:01:23 PM

5. I love this show. It just keeps getting better and better. The characters are so real, the emotions so genuine.... the script is well written and the acting fabulous. Really enjoy this and look forward to each new episode. Thank you!

Posted by: Natasha | Apr 10, 2014 8:16:41 PM

6. I love this show! Episode 2 was so good. I can't wait to see what happens! Definitely hooked.

Posted by: Amy | Apr 11, 2014 12:07:52 PM

7. I found this show thanks to this article. Thank you for that.

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 11, 2014 12:31:54 PM