Comments

1. Anonymous says

“Life simulator”… really? Has humanity really gotten to that point? Maybe people should go outside occasionally, and leave the smartphone at home. This is sad for more than homophobia and lame excuses. The thought of a “life simulator” itself is a lame excuse.

2. Joe in Toronto says

Whimsical?
    Not much whimsy involved if you go to the trouble and expense of programming a same-sex marriage restriction into the Mii code.

3. GameGenie says

So playful, whimsical, and quirky alternate worlds in games can’t be gay inclusive. Got it, homophobic Nintendo.

Frankly, I stopped being impressed with Nintendo as a kid when I found out they went after Galoob for their Game Genie products.

4. Sam says

Nintendo doesn’t need a reason to invite more controversy especially when the company is tanking pretty badly and moreso, many gaymers are Nintendo fanboys.

5. Sam says

6. Louis says

Seriously? Sims is a life simulator and it has gay marriage. This is the biggest cop-out. What’s with these eastern gaming companies and their homophobia? (looking at you too, aria, nexon, etc)

7. Joe says

I’m no gaymer so maybe it’s my lack of knowledge and I’ll probably invite criticism by saying this but are we really going to get up in arms over this?? This really makes us look like a joke. It’s a Nintendo video game…..there are definitely bigger issues to focus on.

8. Randy says

“We hope that all of our fans…”

Fans, you say?

No, I don’t think you have them anymore.

The kids today don’t like it when you crap on their friends.

9. Rich says

I hope they’ll consider expansion content that would allow males to beat their female property without consequence, restrict the allowable occupations of women, and restrict marriage between to Mii of similar colors, because there’s too much social commentary attached to contemporary times vs. the simplicity of about a hundred or more years ago.

Can Mii have jobs in this game. If so, I hope they’ve programmed lower rates of income generation for women, because, you know, too much social commentary if female Mii made the same amount as male Mii.

Can my Mii live in a mansion on a plantation rather than in a house. Now, I’ll need cheap labor to run it…

Hey, it’s “just a game.”

10. luke says

uh johnny pokémon is a pretty big reason nintendo is still relevant. nintendo doesn’t really have much outside of first party ip’s like mario and zelda though.

it’s japan, it’s to be expected. i’m a gaymer but i really don’t care. instead of getting upset about it, ignore it and let your wallet do the talking.