Alan Carr | C-3PO | Carrie Fisher | Star Wars

Carrie Fisher Wants C-3PO to Remain Closeted: VIDEO

Fisher_carr

The Daily Star reports on an exchange between UK talk show host Alan Carr and Star Wars' Princess Leia Carrie Fisher, in which she orders him not to out C-3PO as gay:

He said: “Could I be C3PO? I’d make a really good one.

"He’s a bit gay.”

Shocked Carrie, 57, told him: “You can say that but I’m not going there.

"Don’t out C3PO.”

Then she suggested that the Chatty Man was too porky to be the robot.

She said: “And anyway you wouldn’t fit into his costume.

Watch a clip from the segment which curiously edits out the gay bit,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Though Bib Fortuna seems to agree that he's gay:

Comments

1. I prefer Graham Norton. Good to see Carrie looking well.

Posted by: GB | Jun 6, 2014 11:42:32 AM

2. maybe she doesn't want to go there 'cause she just doesn't care if C3PO is gay or not since he's a robot & has no need for sexuality.

Posted by: St.Eve | Jun 6, 2014 11:54:16 AM

3. I love Alan Carr...we need talk shows like this in the US!! (Chelsea doesn't count)

Posted by: james | Jun 6, 2014 12:13:34 PM

4. not sure if this is supposed to be a fun article or it's faux outrage. fortuna isn't speaking english

Posted by: luke | Jun 6, 2014 12:55:32 PM

5. Well, Anthony Daniels is out, so I don't see why Carrie would have an issue with calling C-3PO gay. Maybe she's a bit touchy because she married a gay man, but I don't recall ever hearing her being anti-gay. Odd. Carrie's wonderful. Always loved her.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Jun 6, 2014 2:41:29 PM

6. Anthony Daniels is not gay. He's British.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 6, 2014 2:59:17 PM

7. Clearly this is just banter between a "porky" homosexual and a "porky" fag hag. I'm not sure why it has been editorialized to sound like Carrie is being homophobic. She is like this generations Dorothy Parker, she is one of us.

Posted by: Thomas | Jun 6, 2014 4:45:37 PM

8. Andy,

Is it too much to ask that you ACTUALLY WATCH the show segments you report on?

The dialogue you quote and the actual conversation between Carr and Fisher is entirely different.

Posted by: David | Jun 7, 2014 1:15:38 AM

9. @David @Andy : the quote above is in the article linked to, but not in the video. Was the video edited to remove it or did someone imagine that dialog?

Posted by: Bill | Jun 7, 2014 8:34:40 PM