Game of Thrones | News

It's All Good Between Game of Thrones' Oberyn Martell and The Mountain: PHOTO

Viper_mountain

Those of you who saw last night's Game of Thrones might be wondering - but yeah, these two are friends IRL and just wanted to reassure folks via Instagram.

Comments

1. I'd do them both and at the same time. #noshame

Posted by: Derrick | Jun 2, 2014 8:13:21 PM

2. Standing like that, they look like the number 10.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Jun 2, 2014 8:29:05 PM

3. Holy smokes that man is huge. wow

Posted by: spg | Jun 2, 2014 8:29:54 PM

4. I pray to the old gods and the new that Oberyn Martell's untimely skull smushing doesn't mean we no longer get to see the shapely bare butt of his boy toy, Olyvar.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Jun 2, 2014 8:45:10 PM

5. why oh why did he have to monologue in battle? he could've finished the big guy and saved Tyrion. ugh..... Idiot!

Posted by: Matziabb | Jun 2, 2014 9:02:13 PM

6. yep, if Oberyn had just shut up he had the mountain beat

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 2, 2014 9:16:32 PM

7. yep, if Oberyn had just shut up he had the mountain beat

Posted by: Moz's | Jun 2, 2014 9:16:32 PM

8. I watched this episode last night, finding myself peeved at myself for being so shocked GoT killed off my favorite character, as if that hadn't happened 100 times before.

The old "fool me once, fool me twice..." is now at the "fool me for the 20th time..."

Posted by: Michael | Jun 2, 2014 9:19:28 PM

9. Funny that he's wearing shades.

Posted by: Jay | Jun 2, 2014 10:50:02 PM

10. Oberyn had obviously watched The Princess Bride too many times. It's never over until it's over, and it isn't over until you're holding your opponent's severed head in your hand.

Posted by: MajorTom | Jun 2, 2014 10:51:51 PM

11. sooooo frustrated with this week's GOT. Seriously. Not even sure I want to watch anymore.

Posted by: Honesty | Jun 2, 2014 10:53:39 PM

12. Let's get the freakishly tall Irish gay guy the mix. Then this will be Towleroad news. Let's troll Andy in Provincetown this summer! Shhh.. don't tell him.

Posted by: snork | Jun 3, 2014 12:17:43 AM

13. After the Red Wedding, I gave up on GOT and then I get sucked in again by Oberyn. I should have known. Also, I can't believe that Pedro Pascal is the same guy who plays that non-entity agent in The Mentalist.

Posted by: Glenn | Jun 3, 2014 2:39:47 AM

14. those shades just make me want Pedro Pascal even more

Posted by: Jonathan | Jun 3, 2014 3:19:00 AM

15. Haven't any of you folks read the books? Ned Stark getting his head lopped off, the Red Wedding, Joffrey being poisoned at his own weeding, Oberyn Martell dying at the hands of the Mountain ... all of those are in the books. There is another twist coming that I think you will enjoy though, but I won't spoil it for you.

Posted by: swellster | Jun 3, 2014 8:04:55 AM

16. @Swellster, no, obviously not everyone has read the books nor plans to. They are massive and time-consuming and a lot of people are fine with only keeping to the televised version. I myself though am thinking of picking up the books from the beginning. To the others complaining of how the character should have just finished off the Mountain, I think that was the point of the author. Oberyn was too caught up in the past and couldn't let it go and it led to his demise. Yes, it's not satisfying to the viewers/readers, but it's pretty true to real life and not your typical Hollywood happy ending, so I got to respect that. And really, I think we enjoy the shock factor and that anything can happen but you should never expect that the "good guy" will always win.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Jun 4, 2014 7:49:20 AM