Comments

1. David From Canada says

Am I really supposed to care that the World Cup is going to be held in Qatar(a country I’ve never even heard of before)in the year 2022(8 years away). Homosexuality is illegal there? I’ve got a lot of things on my plate in my own backyard where homosexuality and many other things are quite legal.
    By the way, I watched the whole clip and FIFA sounds like the Government – just smile politely and try to avoid it as much as possible.

2. Anon says

So a profoundly ignorant troll appropriated David From Canada’s name.

Trolls will say anything:
    “…FROM CANADA” “… where homosexuality and many other things are quite legal.”

Being gay is not illegal in Canada. There is homophobia but it isn’t institutionalized.

Get a life troll and stop impersonating people.

3. Anon says

David from Canada – good to hear that you’ve never heard of Qatar. Perhaps you would if you step out sometimes.. and when you do step out, you’ll see that you’re not the only person on this planet.

4. gr8guyca says

Great. We are going to have years pronouncing, “Qatar” in about a dozen different ways. “Cutter” “Cat-tar” “Guitar” etc.

5. crispy says

A lot of people think there’s eventually going to be a re-vote for the 2022 World Cup and the U.S. is one of the few countries that can have stadiums and an infrastructure ready in time.

6. John Freeman says

This is shocking and disgraceful, but not surprising, given the workings of the International Olympics Committee.

7. John Freeman says

8. anon says

9. crispy says

“He’s preaching to the wrong crowd. Only outside of the US does this decision matter.”

Wrong, douchenugget.

And you do know that HBO is available outside of the U.S.?