News: Dolly Parton, Electric Shock, NASA Rocket, Madonna

RoadWorld's earliest erotic graffiti found on island in Aegean, and it's gay.

DollyRoadDolly Parton may adopt dog abandoned at Glastonbury Festival.

RoadNeil Patrick Harris sells Sherman Oaks home for $3 million+.

RoadStudents prefer electric shock to being alone with their thoughts: "Two-thirds of men pressed a button to deliver a painful jolt during a 15-minute spell of solitude. One man – an outlier – found thinking so disagreeable he opted for a shock 190 times."

RoadNapster co-founder Sean Parker buys Ellen DeGeneres's mansion for $55 million.

RoadPolice investigate two possible hate crimes at San Francisco Pride: "In the first attack, two women on Saturday evening were ganged up on in the city's South of Market district, said San Francisco Police spokesman Albie Esparza. Five males between the ages of 16 and 20 yelled homophobic slurs at the women as they kicked, punched and knocked them to the ground, Esparza said. Later that night, a member of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a gay rights activist group that dresses up as nuns, and the person's husband were attacked by three men and a woman in the Castro District, the city's center of gay life, Esparza said."

RoadWhat do Prince Harry and Tom Hardy talk about at Polo matches?

RevealRoadCharlie Hunnam's back stars in new Calvin Klein 'Reveal' campaign.

RoadConchita Wurst wins “Premio Madrid Orgullo-Muestra-T” award at Madrid Pride.

RoadLaura Palmer's house for sale: "The Everett, Wash., home can be yours for $549,950. The four-bedroom, one-and-a-half-bath house at 708 33rd Street was built in 1930."

RoadLady Gaga attacks Madonna fans on Twitter.

RoadKey West's Island House taken off the market: "According to Smead, Island House’s owner Jon Allen decide that since he as been unable to find 'the right buyer who loves the Island House like we do, he’d rather hold on to the hotel.'  Smead was unable to confirm at this time if the property might return to the market in the future."

RoadWhat motivates people to use sunblock?

RoadMale model fix: Tarik Kaljanac.

BoeingRoadThree Boeing fuselages fell into a Montana river after a train derailment.

RoadNASA and Boeing sign deal for $2.8 billion massive rocket: "The rocket will be used to ferry astronauts to the International Space Station, and to help us explore the outer reaches of the solar system."

RoadAl Jazeera: Gay Republican congressional candidate Carl DeMaio is no darling of the LGBT establishment.

RoadMadonna shows up for jury duty in Manhattan.

RoadQueers for the Climate launches #SaveTheStraights campaign to raise awareness about climate change: "It’s a very tongue-in-cheek way to frame climate change. Maybe to be even more specific, and be a bomb thrower, [the problem is] mostly probably rich, straight white men – the CEOs of all the big fossil fuel companies, and the Koch brothers, and the folks that are obviously not just destroying the climate, but destroying our democracy. It’s kind of a broad-stroke, stereotypical answer, but I think that the gay community has an interesting contribution to make, because many of the people challenging LGBT equality in the U.S. have been the standard bearers of the patriarchy right."

Comments

1. I think if Madonna were sitting in my jury box I'd be just a tad distracted! I'm sure she'll get an immediate dismissal.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Jul 7, 2014 4:16:22 PM

2. the bit about gaga should read

" gaga lashes out after getting busted for lying"

Posted by: Moz's | Jul 7, 2014 4:41:03 PM

3. Why wouldn't Dolly Parton fall in love with that dog? They obviously have the same hair stylist.

Don't get angry. I'm just having a Joan Rivers moment.

I love Dolly Parton

I love Dolly Parton

I love Dolly Parton, and I'll always will love her.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 7, 2014 4:57:41 PM

4. Again, can someone point out where Lady G "attacked" other fans or whatever?

Just like Joan Rivers "storming" from an interview.

What is with these stupid buzz words?

Posted by: marc | Jul 7, 2014 5:20:47 PM

5. But DERRICK she's so so so white. What's the matter with you? I'm never taking your racism seriously again, never.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 7, 2014 5:21:47 PM

6. @ "I'm never taking your racism seriously again, never."

Then don't. I'll be playing my Patsy Cline and Hank Williams Sr CDs, and ignoring your racist ass. And then I'll throw in a Dinah Washington CD to throw you off.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 7, 2014 5:29:27 PM

7. "Later that night, a member of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, a gay rights that dresses up as nuns, and that person's husband, were attacked by three men and a woman in the Castro District"

Well, either liberal San Francisco itself is becoming fed up woth the "gender non-conformists"......or the city's "multiculturalism" has caught up with it and is backfiring on it, as it eventually will do to all gay white liberals......

And yet Queers for the Climate (see other story) goes on with the Gay Far Left's crusade of hatred against straight, white, men......the very group that has led and funded just about every significant victory for gay rights in this country, while racial minorities led the fight against us in those battles

Well, maybe some of the members of Queers for the Climate will get beat up, too--I certainly hope so.....

Posted by: Rick | Jul 7, 2014 6:46:11 PM

8. If I hate other LGBT people, does that mean anti-gay people will like me? My personal relationship with my family depends on it.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 7, 2014 7:10:16 PM

9. Remember, I come here every day to spew my nonsense because my own family hated me, and I never got over it. I have no friends, nobody would ever lower their standards to have sex with me, and I live each day to come to Towleroad and remind all the other commenters that I'm a testicle-deprived wimp who is nothing more than the pathetic cowardly homo my father always told me I was.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 7, 2014 7:16:47 PM

10. lol the byline on the Madonna story says "she was dismissed because her presence was causing a commotion at the courthouse." I see what they did there!

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Jul 8, 2014 1:06:43 PM

11. Isn't this the most attention Carl DeMaio's gotten in months?

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 8, 2014 7:15:58 PM