Interview | Nevada | News | News Clips | Transgender | Video

Nine-Year-Old Transgender Girl in Reno Declares Her Identity: VIDEO

Cee cee ott

Nevada Pride in Reno last Saturday gave nine-year-old transgender girl Cee Cee Ott a chance to express who she really is, reports KOLO TV.

Speaking to KOLO TV, Cee Cee said:

"I wanted to be a girl [when I was around three years old], but I couldn't because at the time I was a boy, so I had to be there and dress up like a boy. It was miserable."

After kindergarten, Cee Cee’s parents home-schooled her until they could decide what they needed to do to make her feel safe.

Nicole Ott, Cee Cee’s parent, says "we want our children to be happy and to be themselves and that's all we care about. We're not trying to make anyone be anything other than allowing them the space to figure out who they are and what they want from the world."

Cee Cee, who starts public school again in the fall, now aspires to be a transgender reassignment surgeon so that she can help other people like her.

Watch a KOLO TV interview with Cee Cee, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This case will provide plenty of ammunition for those who will say "I told you so" when it comes to allowing gay men or lesbians to be parents.

Two women inflicting their "gender-non-conformist" ideology on a helpless little boy and trying to turn him into a female is a prime example not only of why some gays are unfit parents and should have their children taken away from them.....it is also a prime example of what happens when boys are deprived of proper fathers and male role models as they generally are in a lesbian household.

Absolutely disgusting.

Sometimes I think the Russians actually have it right.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 29, 2014 11:55:50 AM

2. Thanks, Rick, for giving another rational-discussion-worthy posting's comment section a radioactive start...

Posted by: kipp | Jul 29, 2014 12:02:27 PM

3. Speaking of "absolutely disgusting," Rick is here once again to post some homophobic, transphobic and vaguely misogynistic nonsense and pass if off as some sort of reality that his GOP masters can use to oppress LGBT people. Because lord knows he'd have nothing to live for if he couldn't be a GOP punching bag nutless wonder.

Rick hates LGBT people just as much as the most diehard christian social conservatives. And loathes the existence of women and transgender individuals. He thinks they're icky.

What he doesn't realize is that most people can't stand him. He's a loner and, as Kiwi likes to say, a wimp.

Sometimes I think Rick should go to Russia and be found out to be a closeted gay man and be brutalized accordingly.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 29, 2014 12:04:08 PM

4. Whether they are Gay or Straight..De-Masculizing Boys is an epidemic these days...

Posted by: styler | Jul 29, 2014 12:07:23 PM

5. Oh dear. What to think? I'm not sure. People will say what they want, as usual. Cee Cee, if she/he doesn't already know, will figure out her/his place in the world and the world will keep turning.

Or,

A Christian, under God's orders, will shoot the parents. Kidnap the child and turn her back into a boy and the media will love it. The world will keep turning.

Or,

Cee Cee will grow up to be the surgeon she now wants to be, celebrate the wisdom of her parents and prove Rick wrong. The world will...you know.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 29, 2014 12:11:50 PM

6. Whether gay or straight, Rick and Styler are actually the same troll. Then again, we already knew that. But for some reason Rick keeps up this charade. What a loser.

Be prepared to see him post transphobic comments under my name during the day. He HATES it when I call him out and loves to impersonate me as punishment. But again, he's a loser, so.....

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 29, 2014 12:12:17 PM

7. @RICK You're not serious are you? You don't really believe that pseudo-provocative stuff you post here, do you? I mean, wow! You are one, sad, pathetic dude (I think you're a dude. Hard to tell. You're probably Michele Bachmann in disguise.)

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 29, 2014 12:13:45 PM

8. I wish Andy Towle would explain why Rick and his many aliases can't be blocked from posting here. He does not add to an intelligent discussion. He degrades the value of this site. It's been the same nonsense for years Andy, it's enough already.

Posted by: Wisebear | Jul 29, 2014 12:22:09 PM

9. I still think transgenders display a morbid obsession with gender. "I was forced to dress like a boy. It was miserable." Who should care? Whether a particular style is defined as "for boys" or "for girls" is in large part culturally-determined. High heels were a masculine type of shoe in the XVII century, now they're girly.
    Why are they so fixated with societal view of what they are?

Posted by: Pandion | Jul 29, 2014 12:25:32 PM

10. Wisebear, I think Towle's silence/willful ignorance on this subject (and complete and lack of acknowledgement of the issue since it began to ruin this site) demonstrates that he doesn't really care. We're on our own when it comes to the trolls.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 29, 2014 12:26:53 PM

11. Cee Cee has wonderful parents.

No matter how bad people treat you outside of your home--if your parents (atleast one of them) love you, then you can take on the world.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 29, 2014 12:34:22 PM

12. Tyler, I guess you're correct. He's let it go for so many years. I know that the technology is there to block a poster. And I don't believe it's censorship to block one abusive troll - and rick, styler, marym, and a host of others are all one troll. It has to cost Andy readers. I just don't get it.

Posted by: Wisebear | Jul 29, 2014 12:38:00 PM

13. Wisebear, I think the influx of money from advertisers (I assume since there are far more click-baiting stories on this site than there ever was previously) has negated any potential desire on the part of Andy to change things on this site.

I guess what ever makes you $$$ is fine. At this point his brand has been irreparably harmed. There really is no going back.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 29, 2014 12:56:33 PM

14. This has nothing to do with the sexual orientation of the parents. This is the only case I have ever heard of where the "trans" kid has gay parents. Every other case involved hetero parents. Still, you know the anti-gays will use this as propaganda. So why does "Nevada Pride" highlight the case? Why not just let this family go about their lives without hyping a story that can be exploited as propaganda? Because "Nevada Pride" cares more about trans issues than gay rights. Which is why LGBT is inherently and ineluctably an anti-gay phenomenon.

Posted by: Merritt | Jul 29, 2014 1:03:37 PM

15. Wow, Merritt: you're so smart!

Did I say smart? I mean transphobic. It's not an either LGB or T situation. We're all in this together. Just because you think Trans people are weird doesn't mean said population of people is somehow infringing on LGB rights movements.

But hey, it's much easier to hate people you think are ross than it is to root for them or champion their rights.

Your name makes up for your argument, which has no merit whatsoever.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 29, 2014 1:07:56 PM

16. @Rick: Given that we have hundreds (thousands?) of years of history of HETEROSEXUAL parents forcing non-gender conforming children into unnatural gender roles (not to mention repressing natural same-sex attractions of their gender-conforming children), the told-you-soers don't really have a leg to stand on. And it's not as if they were going to accept same-sex parents anyway. Basically, they (and you) can eff off.

Posted by: Parental Guidance | Jul 29, 2014 1:15:25 PM

17. @Rick/Tyler: What a beautiful kid! What amazing parents! It's a shame that you didn't have such loving parents Rick/Tyler. Maybe you wouldn't have turned out to be such a Sybil of an internet troll. I will pray for you, Rick/Tyler, that your god may soften your heart toward the other half of the population, and that one day your penis will grow back, and that you will be relieved of your bitterness. Bless your heart, you little internet eunoch.

Posted by: Christian Love | Jul 29, 2014 1:20:29 PM

18. I don't think you understood anything I said. I said nothing about trans people being weird. I said that this family is atypical and is ripe for abuse as anti-gay propaganda. There is no need to highlight this particular family as opposed to the many families with trans kids and hetero parents. Those other cases can send the same message but without the risk of exploitation.

But the ideology of LGBT says that whenever gay interests conflict with T interests, T interests always win. And that is what we see here. LGBGT was an act of colonization and hegemony over LGB people. "We are all in this together" in the same sense that the Native Americans were "in it together" with European settlers.

Posted by: Merritt | Jul 29, 2014 1:21:23 PM

19. Gawd, did this kid take her girl name after the trans killer Cee Cee McDonald? That would be the "transwoman" who stabbed a man to death with scissors, left him to die on the street and then lied about it to law enforcement? McDonald pled guilty and served a prison sentence, but is now being hyped as some sort of hero by trans activists. In the twisted moral universe of trans activism, homicide is a good and noble thing if perpetrated by a "transwoman".

I hope that it is just a coincidence that this "trans" kid has the same name as the killer. If this was a conscious decision to have the child take the name of a convicted felon, then it raises serious questions about the judgment of the parents.

Posted by: Leanne | Jul 29, 2014 1:30:06 PM

20. Um....I'm not Rick. Is it still trolling when you're calling out another troll? Because that's all I do - call out trolls.

Someone has to, right? Andy isn't going to alter the comments section of the site, and allows trolls to post horrible comments. It's up to us as fellow readers to criticize and negate the hate spread by trolls such as Rick (and you?).

And Merritt, you don't make it clear WHY Trans issues somehow go against LGB issues. We are all in this, even if you don't care about some of the letters in the acronym.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 29, 2014 1:31:13 PM

21. @Merritt your argument makes no sense. Stories like these help families in similar situations validate their own transgender children. Keeping it hush hush only perpetuates the default stigma associated with it.

Posted by: Not that rob | Jul 29, 2014 1:33:10 PM

22. Styler is not Rick. Styler is the troll aka Balehead on Queerty. He is pathetic on both sites.......

Posted by: Derek | Jul 29, 2014 1:38:41 PM

23. Trolls should be given free reign in order to counter all the lock-step clones who inhabit every site on any subject. Hurrah for Andy's refusal to prohibit. It's called freedom of speech and it's tantamount to sacred.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 29, 2014 1:51:02 PM

24. All transexuals are homosexual/lesbian as the act of mutilating to become false opposite sex is itself an act of homosexuality/lesbianism-sad maiming and make this illegal.

Finally, sex change maimings which is mutilating some1 to make them fake members of opposite sex is comparable to trying to make a man a fake animal because he thinks he is an animal trapped in a human body. Most feminists are not speaking against this. 1 would hope that feminists would oppose the mutilation that happened to Chastity Sun Bono as feminists have spoken against Female Genital Mutilation which happens in some nations. Transexuals are mutilations which no Dr. should take part in, yet most feminists are not condemning this female genital and breast mutilation as what happened to Chastity S. Bono where her healthy breasts were mutilated, dangerous hormone shots and her genitals mutilated.

Posted by: funinsnow | Jul 29, 2014 2:49:17 PM

25. I applaud parents who support transgender children. The suicide rate among transgender people whose families are not supportive is enormous; I've heard 40% or more.

This child's parents may have saved her life.

Posted by: Dianne | Jul 29, 2014 3:00:15 PM