Film | News

'Boulevard,' One of Robin Williams' Last Films, Is About a Closeted Gay Man's Struggle for Self-Acceptance: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-08-14 at 9.53.22 AM

At the time of his passing, Robin Williams left behind four unreleased films - one of which, Boulevard, centers on a married man (Williams) who picks up a gay hustler (Roberto Aguire) and slowly begins to confront and accept his suppressed identity as a gay man.

The movie premiered at New York's Tribeca Film Festival this spring but has yet to be picked up by a distributor. Directed by Dito Montiel, the film stars Robin Williams, Breaking Bad's Bob Odenkirk, Kathy Baker, and Roberto Aguire.

Back when the film premiered, Red Carpet Diary released a video of the red carpet that featured Williams' coworkers speaking about the movie's plot and praising Williams' performance in it. Sad to see them speak about Williams' playful energy and spirit knowing he was likely battling his depression behind the scenes.

You can check it out AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He never made me laugh while he was alive. Explain to me why I should care about him now that he's dead. And gay-baiting movies do not an ally make. He was a cross-dressing homophobic pariah. Good riddance.

Posted by: MaryM | Aug 14, 2014 11:51:35 AM

2. He never made me laugh while he was alive. Explain to me why I should care about him now that he's dead. And gay-baiting movies do not an ally make. He was a cross-dressing homophobic pariah. Good riddance.

Posted by: RickMaybe the guy had it coming.... | Aug 14, 2014 11:51:40 AM

3. He never made me laugh while he was alive. Explain to me why I should care about him now that he's dead. And gay-baiting movies do not an ally make. He was a cross-dressing homophobic pariah. Good riddance.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 14, 2014 11:52:02 AM

4. Behold: PSYCHOSIS!

Posted by: Sybil | Aug 14, 2014 12:01:32 PM

5. do not bite my head peeps...do that to the first 3 commments..

I wonder if the movie gets picked up...because is good or the vultures in this industry just see money signs because Williams death

Posted by: Me | Aug 14, 2014 12:20:15 PM

6. The movie still IS about that.

Posted by: Pxlforge | Aug 14, 2014 1:38:34 PM

7. to the first 3 comments, if he didn't make you laugh then so what? why post about it? who cares what you laugh at?
    who is making you care about him after death?

Posted by: marc | Aug 14, 2014 2:52:43 PM

8. anyone who wasnt even slightly entertained by williams and cheers his death has a black heart

Posted by: jaker | Aug 14, 2014 3:15:56 PM

9. Robin Williams was not my favorite actor and not my least favorite. He did frequently entertain me through his career. However, for the first three comments; you are a disgusting human being...period. From what you present to others in your comment, there is nothing redeemable about you whether you meant what you said or just said it to provoke a reaction.

Posted by: Brad | Aug 14, 2014 5:24:24 PM

10. I was never much of a fan. I am old enough to remember his debut on Happy Days as Mork though, and over the years he became part of the American landscape, a deeply ingrained cultural reference. Personally I could only tolerate him in his more dramatic roles; Dead Poets Society being one of my favorite films. But, I am saddened by his death having dealt with depression myself and being in the state of being where suicide might be considered a good option. I'm sure this film will get released. I am curious to see it.

Posted by: IPW | Aug 14, 2014 8:27:56 PM

11. I'm surprised so few of you were not fans. I can list at least a dozen films that would not have been anything without him. And Hook and Jumanji are two of my favorite movies from when I was a kid.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 15, 2014 7:59:27 AM