California | Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News | Video

Gay Wedding Video Of The Day: Ben And Daniel Tie The Knot

Ben&Daniel

Ben and Daniel met ten years ago; now, they've tied the knot in the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains, and we are lucky enough to witness just how loving and sweet they are. While the vows are epic, it is their friends and family that really show how special these two are.

You're invited, AFTER THE JUMP...

Ben&Daniel2

Ben & Daniel || Stones & Flowers from KindleWood Films on Vimeo.

Comments

1. How perfect, charmed, and entitled their lives and wedding are. Nothing like a narcissistic display of wealth and privilege to make others feel bad about themselves. Yes, label the rest of us poor slobs as "bitter" and "losers" -that is what the gay scene does to those who aren't so "perfect".

Posted by: Lil Kiwi | Aug 16, 2014 12:18:45 PM

2. What a terrific job on this video. I'm envious and happy for them at the same time. I hope love like this finds me!

Posted by: Andy | Aug 16, 2014 12:19:54 PM

3. "Lil Kiwi",

Stay off the drugs and alcohol. Thanks.

Posted by: Meh | Aug 16, 2014 12:25:10 PM

4. Beautiful.

Posted by: ET | Aug 16, 2014 12:29:44 PM

5. Beautiful photography with a nice couple who have great friends. Love.

Posted by: JJ | Aug 16, 2014 12:35:24 PM

6. That was beautiful, best wishes to them! This is what a wedding should be about, this is how it should look and this was the purest example of love. I could watch that film all day, great background music too:) Congratulations!

Posted by: Troy | Aug 16, 2014 12:42:37 PM

7. This was a standout. Great guys, great video.

LIL KIWI did your rain of their parade really help you? I hope so because it was of no value at all to the rest of us.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 16, 2014 12:47:45 PM

8. I'm not envious, but I am a bit weirded-out. It comes across a bit like an infomercial for high-end gay weddings, a sort-of corporate vibe. Hard to describe. I'm not as polarized as Lil Kiwi, but I'm not on board either. With the promotional ending for Kindlewood Films at the end, it sends a "trailer" vibe as well. I guess it's nice but not what I would want. Wedding pictures and videos are personal, not something to post on Towleroad.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Aug 16, 2014 12:58:50 PM

9. The Troll posing as me needs to be more consistent. That didn't make a lick of sense. ANDY - update/change your comment system. Kill the trolls. Seriously, the first comment on this side, and a few replies, were not about the article but simply a tool for your site's resident trolling eunuch to...what? talk about ME? cuckoo cuckoo cuckoo.

Lovely wedding, how utterly magical and what a wonderful collection of friends and family to be surrounded by, in those epic woods, on that day.

Outdoors weddings are a risk - but dang if they're not utterly incredible if all things (re: weather and/or bugs) work in your favour!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Aug 16, 2014 1:01:12 PM

10. B&D?

Posted by: David | Aug 16, 2014 1:04:16 PM

11. I don't care what any of the naysayers say, this was a beautiful wedding. I'm a blubbering fool. Congratulations to them both.

Posted by: Cary Chauvet | Aug 16, 2014 1:06:42 PM

12. Lil Kiwi and Brokebackbob are the same person. (I'm getting good at this.)

For the record there is nothing wrong with posting videos like this and also it didn't even seem high-end, which does not even matter.

Posted by: Meh | Aug 16, 2014 1:07:32 PM

13. Great wedding and great filming/editing. BTW, Cary (Chauvet) I saw your video on the SF Aids Memorial vandalism. I was moved by your tale of falling in love with your husband and I'm hooked on your videos. Great series. I want to hear more about the first night you two spent together. Don't leave out any of the details! :-)

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 16, 2014 1:17:37 PM

14. What a handsome couple. Congrats!

Posted by: Jay | Aug 16, 2014 1:51:09 PM

15. I'm not sure why people see the need to post footage of their wedding publicly, let alone film it at all.

Posted by: Ian | Aug 16, 2014 2:18:09 PM

16. That was lovely. Now can you stop with the "Gay Wedding" headlines? Just "Wedding" would suffice.

Posted by: Ben | Aug 16, 2014 2:19:26 PM

17. Give me a simple City Hall ceremony anyday. Yech!

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 16, 2014 2:50:08 PM

18. That was enjoyable. I wish them much happiness to come. Two comments, though -- a) Does the one with the five o'clock shadow look familiar to anyone else? b) At 1:37, why is one of them chewing gum while kissing guests? Beyond gauche.

Posted by: Sergio | Aug 16, 2014 2:52:31 PM

19. Nice video, but my $75 fee for my wedding (after 31 years) in Maryland means the same. Why spend that much??? Our families love us just the same. And I feel the same about any wedding -- gay or straight.

Posted by: ernest1960 | Aug 16, 2014 4:07:07 PM

20. What does every naysayer want to happen? A world without celebrations and parties? Pretty boring and unfeeling world me thinks.

Posted by: Grady | Aug 16, 2014 4:25:10 PM

21. Beautiful wedding, handsome couple! I've read some comments critical of the expense of the wedding. While my personal tastes are simpler--my entire wedding cost about $5000, and that included air fair and hotel costs for out-of-state-travel--I do not at all begrudge couples who want something on a bigger scale.

I'm always delighted to learn of any couple who have found each other and have built a great life together. May I always have the grace to celebrate their love and their special occasions.

Posted by: Hal | Aug 16, 2014 4:50:15 PM

22. My God that was beautiful. Aside from the stunning couple and the overwhelming love from family and friends, there is the venue. A wedding in the woods, surrounded by nature, with tall trees as witnesses. Brilliant and beautiful! Far more meaningful than some ostentatious affair at a hotel.

And one last thought: how much must those people care about this couple that they were willing to travel out to the countryside to some wood cabin to be a part of this? That's love. That's caring.

Posted by: Hank | Aug 16, 2014 4:57:43 PM

23. Ernest/Jamal:

You don't need to spend a lot of money in order for the wedding to have meaning. BTW, having a wedding in the woods is not a lavish thing. It is actually less expensive and low key than most weddings, which take place in expensive reception halls or in banquet halls in luxury hotels.

That having been said, this business of making a public display is an important part of getting married and it serves a purpose. Yes it may seem a bit narcissistic to hire a videographer to film yourself. Just as it may seem narcissistic to invite all your family and friends to an event about you, where they all have to give you gifts and then listen to you talk about yourself and your love. But this isn't narcissism. By putting themselves out there, making promises and commitments in front of everyone in their lives who matters - and via Vimeo in front of the whole world - the couple is ensuring that these promises are treated as solemn and serious by everyone who knows them. They are subtly using their family and friends to hold them accountable. If you walk away from a casual fling, there is no stigma. But if you walk away from your husband, after you promised in front of 100 family and friends to cherish him for life, it is a failure. And everyone will know that it is a failure. People don't like to publicly fail, so putting yourself out there in a ceremony like this is really a way of marshaling that human instinct for good.

Posted by: Hank | Aug 16, 2014 5:18:14 PM

24. Great video - congrats to the couple!

Posted by: Honesty | Aug 16, 2014 8:45:16 PM

25. Not ashamed to say viewing this beautiful wedding made me cry and smile. So happy for them both. I wish them nothing but happiness.

Posted by: Larry | Aug 17, 2014 4:02:52 AM