News: Justin Beiber, Blade Runner, Jennifer Hudson, Jedi Mind Tricks

Gay polish coupleRoad Justin Beiber wishes the paparazzi had "learned from the death of Princess Diana" and stop tailing him on the road.

Road Gay Polish couple takes matters into their own hands after waiting seven years for a law on civil partnerships for same-sex unions. "'This shows how much a law [on civil partnerships] is needed, because this is not the the first couple to have had a 'wedding,'” said Yga Kostrzewa from the Warsaw-based Lambda Association, which provides support to members of the LGBT community.'

Road Ridley Scott says Blade Runner sequel script is finished and is "damn good"

Road Shocker: Report commissioned by GOP groups finds women largely view the party as "intolerant" "lacking in compassion" and "stuck in the past"

Road Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie got hitched in a secret, private ceremony in France. So much for that pledge back in 2006 to wait to marry until all the gays could get married too.

RuthRoad Anti-gay Ruth Institute fails at meme making.

Road Police in Harborough, England are on the look-out for a pair of homophobic pamphletteers - one of whom dressed as a monk while handing out anti-gay leaflets to the public.

Road Study finds allowing gay marriage in Georgia would add $78.8 million to the state's economy.

Road Beyonce's father claims that elevator incident between Jay-Z and Solange was a "Jedi mind trick" to help sell albums and concert tickets.

Road Save the date: Apple to likely debut the iPhone 6 at an event on September 9th.

Road Britney Spears writes emotional letter to young gay fan who said her music gave him courage and strenght during his coming out process.

HudsonRoad Jennifer Hudson on what her career would be like without the backing of the gay community. "I don't know if I would have one, to be honest. That's why I recently did a couple of gay clubs, and I wanted to do more because that's where I started. I was just literally looking at old pictures a few minutes ago, and I saw a picture of me performing in a gay club and a picture of being dressed. Drag queens used to dress me, and then I would go and perform. That's where I started, so there's definitely a connection there. I wanted to make sure that I reconnected."

Road Hips don't lie: Shakira is pregnant and expecting her second child with boyfriend Gerard Pique.

Road Andrew Garfield spotted sporting some scruff while enjoying Venice with girlfriend Emma Stone.

Road An inside look at Carl DeMaio's House race in California. As one of the three openly gay GOP candidates running for Congress this year, DeMaio is billing himself as a "next generation Republican" - one that supports marriage equality, abortion rights, and environmental concerns. Democrats, meanwhile, are hoping to paint DeMaio as more of the same.

Comments

1. Congratulations, Brad and Angelina....and thank you for contributing to the ongoing dialogue for the past 8 years....that has lead LGBT folks toward recognition of their loving partnerships too!!!

Posted by: Chazwm | Aug 28, 2014 5:29:14 PM

2. I don't think anyone expected them to really stick to that. Anyway I'm happy for them.

Posted by: Derrick | Aug 28, 2014 5:33:08 PM

3. "Ridley Scott says Blade Runner sequel script"

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!

Posted by: Randy | Aug 28, 2014 5:51:03 PM

4. Yeah, Justin Beiber...uh hunh. Diana cared about people and was loved in return; she didn't try to run down old ladies on walkers because she was a petulant lil f*ck. So, go ahead, Paps, cause the cry-baby to crash (he's been trying for awhile now, anyways.)

Posted by: woodroad34 | Aug 28, 2014 6:46:06 PM

5. No thanks, I'm more excited about the Note4.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 28, 2014 7:24:24 PM

6. In reference to Brangelina -They waited, and Equality is quickly moving forward. It's just a matter of time before it's legal everywhere. They have always been allies and they deserve our respect, not condemnation. They called out the bigots long before it was popular, and I wish them many years of happiness.

Posted by: Michael | Aug 28, 2014 7:35:16 PM

7. Britney is amazing..don't hate!!

Posted by: rochon | Aug 28, 2014 7:50:58 PM

8. Carl DeMaio is a piece of crap. He buddied up to Manchester and other contributors to Prop. 8 and now he's all about gay rights? Plus he's been seen more than once stroking it in a public men's room. Thanks Carl, but no thanks!

Posted by: Socalguy | Aug 28, 2014 8:13:09 PM

9. Going out on a shallow limb here, but Garfield is super cute.

Posted by: LJC | Aug 28, 2014 9:19:33 PM

10. I couldn't be happier for Brad and Angelina. They wanted to wait until gay marriage was legal; it may not be 100% yet, but the dominos are falling all over the place, and based on the Windsor Supreme Court decision last year, I'd say they were certainly justified in saying "Now." Good for them!

Posted by: Dback | Aug 28, 2014 9:27:54 PM

11. I think Brad and Angelina earned our thanks. They more than did their fair share. Thanks guys.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Aug 28, 2014 10:33:32 PM

12. Same-sex marriage is legal in France, where they where married. Loophole.

Posted by: Kendall | Aug 28, 2014 10:55:47 PM

13. @Kyler Geoffroy: maybe you didn't intend to sound so snarky about Brad & Angelina getting married "before all the gays could..." but frankly that tone isn't warranted given their wonderful, very vocal support for marriage equality. Not to mention all the other needy causes they spend their time and money advocating for. Let's just be happy for them and their children.

Posted by: Robert | Aug 28, 2014 11:15:04 PM

14. Congratulations to Brad and Angelina! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. Thank you for supporting marriage equality over all of these years.

Posted by: Mick | Aug 29, 2014 12:16:15 AM

15. Congratulations to Brad and Angelina! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. Thank you for supporting marriage equality over all of these years.

Posted by: Mick | Aug 29, 2014 12:16:16 AM

16. Also, I'm looking forward to Ridley Scott's sequel to Blade Runner. Love his movies!!

Posted by: Mick | Aug 29, 2014 12:17:27 AM

17. Quite an advertiser grabbers! Radcliffe and Bieber in the same edition!

Posted by: L G. | Aug 29, 2014 3:19:28 AM

18. C'mon... ragging on Brad and Angelina??? Really?

Posted by: DanCObbb | Aug 29, 2014 3:28:19 AM

19. "so much for the pledge"? Really. Are you Gawker or Boy Culture now peppering news with snide little remarks?? How about you be a little bit more understanding... that woman had two breasts chopped off and probably saw death staring her in the face. Pretty good damn reason to get married to her man and get all the protections marriage grants. Ass.

Posted by: MarcosD | Aug 29, 2014 5:34:49 AM

20. That potshot at Brad and Angelina was low. They support us, so support them.

Posted by: Rob | Aug 29, 2014 12:43:10 PM