News

News: Robert Pattinson, Lady Gaga, Cricket Flour, Queen Latifah

Road Robert Pattinson isn't a fan of the audition process: "I just can’t … I literally can’t do it. It’s just me looking uncomfortable, trying to put on an American accent … or sitting in the corner, making myself throw up and punching myself in the face.”

GagaRoad Lady Gaga reveals album artwork for Cheek to Cheek - her upcoming collaboration with Tony Bennett.

Road Gordon Howie, an independent candidate for a U.S. Senate seat in South Dakota, says that while he "vehemently disagrees" with gays "choos[ing] to live outside the laws of God," he still supports gay civil unions - which makes him more progressive than Republican nominee Mike Rounds.

Road Ariana Grande says recording 'Break Your Heart Right Back' - a song about a guy who leaves his girlfriend for another guy - was 'very fun'

Road Pregnant Scarlett Johansson and fiancé Romain Dauriac went for ice cream and a movie in New York yesterday. My money's on them seeing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Road Startups are pitching "cricket flour" (i.e. a powder of ground up crickets) as the best, most sustainable form of protein. Would you add it to your diet?

WindleRoad  Sir Ian McKellen is speaking out for London's LGBT homeless youth population.

Road J.K. Rowling has released another new "Harry Potter" short story. The story features famed wizard musician Celestina Warbeck - one of Rowling's "favorite 'off-stage' characters"

Road Jordan Windle, a teen diver with gay dads that we've featured on the site previously, wins men's 10-meter title at national championship. Congrats Jordan!

Road New Jersey Governor Chris Christie shows off his dance moves with Jamie Foxx at a benefit concert at the Apollo Theater in NYC.

SiposRoad Queen Latifah shares a kiss with a ladyfriend while on vacation.

Road Male model Monday: Robert Sipos

Road Ferguson police are continuing to arrest and threaten on-the-ground journalists.

Road Julian Assange says he will leave the Ecuadorean embassy in London "soon"

Road Hillary Clinton to return to Iowa next month - making her first public appearance in the Hawkeye State since she placed 3rd in the 2008 Iowa caucus.

Road Ideas for charities that missed out on the "Ice Bucket Challenge"

Comments

1. What Pattinson has trouble with? It's called acting.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 18, 2014 3:51:34 PM

2. Auditions are horrible things. Still not an RPatz fan, but he is 100% correct about that.

Posted by: Jerry | Aug 18, 2014 4:24:30 PM

3. Yes to Cricket Flour. I would definitely go for it.

I was exposed to that sort of idea early at the Montreal Insectorium; they were always cooking things up the few times I visited and had things to buy and eat as well. The food was good.
    I don't see why not. Especially if it's healthy, easy, and sustainable.

Posted by: It'sNotBacon | Aug 18, 2014 4:49:23 PM

4. Pattinson punching himself in the face?

I insist that he goes to more auditions then.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Aug 18, 2014 5:00:34 PM

5. I doubt RP will even need to audition for a role until his looks fade. He could retire now on his riches as well.

I don't think it's that easy to scale up production of cricket flour to the several millions of tons needed to make a dent in other protein sources. How do you harvest them, for one thing?

Posted by: anon | Aug 18, 2014 5:01:11 PM

6. I can't with eating insects yet. Maybe in a bit, when reason sets in, but right now..Oh hell no.

Posted by: Huebae | Aug 18, 2014 5:12:06 PM

7. I believe Towleroad should have gone with the story about how Chris Christie’s attorneys fees are going to cost New Jersey taxpayers $6.5 million, not him dancing.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 18, 2014 5:56:49 PM

8. nowhere in the cricket stuff did it mention the grains they are fed with are organic or non gmo

I suspect that information is purposely left out

Organic meat would thus beat the crickets for less impact

Posted by: Hislv | Aug 18, 2014 7:01:27 PM

9. my mistake

the article does say they are organic grains

Posted by: Hislv | Aug 18, 2014 7:04:09 PM

10. Mike for the win. Well said!

Posted by: Let's Try to Focus on What Really Matters | Aug 19, 2014 12:47:57 AM

11. Nice to see the fiercely heterosexual Queen Latifah enjoying a fiercely heterosexual vacation with her lady-friend.

Posted by: MaryM | Aug 19, 2014 3:56:49 AM