Ann Coulter | Democratic Party | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Ann Coulter Calls Al Gore a "Total Fag"

CoulterI think The Bent Post says it well in a recent post describing the interest that surrounds the country's resident Republican witch, Ann Coulter:

"We believe there's a collective addiction to her. And each time she opens her mouth we get another fix, and each time she happily ups the ante and provides a greater high. It doesn't matter if it's a good high and we agree with her, or a bad high and we don't. It's the same rush. But we're feeling optimistic, frankly. Because we think, with her recent unbelievably crazy statements, we may have reached that moment when, after the equivalent of a five day bender of hanging from a sling, slamming Drano and ordering up hooker tranny dwarves, we've caught a glimpse of ourselves in the mirror and thought, 'God, I'm so bored.'"

But she's still out there, feeding the addiction the media has for another sensationalist talking head.

If her recent comments about Bill Clinton's latent homosexuality weren't obnoxious enough, the piehole has spewed another cloud of stale ass juice, this time joking that Al Gore is "a total fag." One can see the giddy thrill she gets as the crowd reacts, laughing. I wonder how they'd react if she referred to Kofi Annan, whom she's asked about in the subsequent clip, using the "n" word? No doubt it wouldn't be tolerated, nor laughed at.

On MSNBC, Coulter called Gore a "total fag," while Matthews said "we'd love to have her back" [media matters]

You may have missed...
Turning in Her Grave [tr]

Comments

1. She's Aryan Beef Jerky flavored with BSE. Tasty!

Posted by: David | Jul 28, 2006 3:30:16 PM

2. Ann Coulter needs to be taken to a padded room and put in a straight jacket. She has gone completely nutso!

Posted by: dumbwhore | Jul 28, 2006 3:32:04 PM

3. She's busy digging her own grave...very nicely. With those glasses on she must be pretty darm high...must be sharing Limbaugh's stash.

Posted by: kurt | Jul 28, 2006 3:35:19 PM

4. Ann Coulter just likes attention whether its good or bad. If Narcissism were Cancer, she'd be terminal.

Posted by: steven | Jul 28, 2006 3:37:44 PM

5. Sorry for anyone offended by this word, but...

ANN COULTER IS A CUNT!!

Posted by: Jonathon | Jul 28, 2006 3:46:44 PM

6. Yet we keep talking about her. Isn't it time to stop?

Posted by: jon luddite | Jul 28, 2006 3:47:27 PM

7. Someone needs to go on one of these shows and start using derogatory words for Jews, blacks, and Latinos to make a freakin' point....Where are the gay activists????

Posted by: jmg | Jul 28, 2006 3:49:08 PM

8. It's bad enough that the MSM keeps feeding this beast but the appearance that REALLY blew me away was the one on Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network.

I know that CBN is to Christianity what Fox News is to journalism, but I am still shocked that they would have such a foul mouthed, nasty, hateful and slanderous person on their show as a friendly guest.

I just can't believe that some of the regular viewers weren't incensed. Surely there are a few 700 Club viewers left who have REAL Christian values. Certainly they’re not ALL blinded by the neocons and absolutely batshit crazy.

Ever the hopeful optimist.

Posted by: Zeke | Jul 28, 2006 3:51:11 PM

9. We are responsible for Ann Coulter. Every time she goes on another televised Tourette spasm we blog about it. I know about her because I read about her constantly on our blogs. As I write this I am not sure that I can even remember the last time that I actually saw her on television. I find it astonishing that I would probably not know about her, except that my favorite blogs can't wait to describe her latest psychotic break.

I am at a point where I practically admire her for figuring out how to turn a profit on her profound instability. She is in on the joke and realizes just how vile and essentially worthless she is in the great scheme of things. However, she has managed to turn what would probably flatten most people into a profitable career. She is a one-note celebrity and there will come a point where people will tire of her. In continuing to elevate her through our own curiosity we are guaranteeing that when she does fall it will be a spectacle resembling the Hindenburg. Shame on us for contributing to that by breathlessly hanging on to every one of her breaks with reason.

Posted by: Ed | Jul 28, 2006 3:52:43 PM

10. I agree with Luddite. The more attention she gets everytime she attacks something/someone, the more fuel she feels she has to continue with her rants. She's basically using tabloid marketing on herself, and being wildly successful at it. The moment blogs and the media stop paying attention will be the moment she fades into black.

Posted by: Gabriel | Jul 28, 2006 3:54:49 PM

11. Witless: The Religion of Ann Coulter

Posted by: Cory | Jul 28, 2006 3:56:06 PM

12. I agree with ED, Coulter's a cock cause she knows how to work all of us for money, money, money. And I'm guessing she rakes in a pretty penny.

Posted by: GBM | Jul 28, 2006 3:56:45 PM

13. The FCC licenses networks to serve the public good. If language or statements are contrary to the public welfare you can complain directly to the FCC. Enough complaints or the serious nature of a complaint can result in fines and possible loss of licensing. Write to the FCC. And, go on MSNBC.com and let them know that you intend to complain directly to the FCC.

Posted by: Crixi VanCheek | Jul 28, 2006 4:06:52 PM

14. We really don't need to read anything about what she says again, do we? Let her 15 minutes finally end.

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 28, 2006 4:23:49 PM

15. You can write the FCC at fccinfo@fcc.gov

Go sic 'em.

Posted by: David | Jul 28, 2006 4:26:06 PM

16. -For what it's worth, I wrote MSNBC online regarding this issue. Here's my letter:

Dear MSNBC Broadcasting,

As an American who honors truth, justice and the American Way I am shocked and astounded that MSNBC correspondent Chris Matthews interviewed Ann Coulter recently on Hardball. During this interview Ann Coulter was quoted as referring to Al Gore as "a total fag" and answered questions regarding Coulter's apparent belief in Bill Clinton's homosexuality, to which Matthews responded "We'd love to have her back". Ann Coulter does not speak for me nor does she represent anything honorable or American. Would Bill Gates, a man who has donated millions in the cure for AIDS and cancer through the Gates Foundation, condone such vehement disregard for tolerance and blatant offense towards homosexuals or anyone which Ann Coulter finds unworthy of her respect? As someone who stands for diversity, respect, tolerance and honor I am greatly disturbed by Ann Coulter's use of such derogatory terms as "fag" and find this highly unacceptable on any television network. Would laughter and tolerance have follows Ann Coulter's comments had she used such terms as "nigger", "kike" or "spic"? In a time of a divided country on such issues as gay marriage and equal rights I find Ms. Coulter's remarks that much more offensive. Ann Coulter's statements are in direct violation of FCC regulations and as such I intend on contacting the FCC directly regarding this matter. I do not stand alone in this issue and I will make it my personal mission in informing concerned parties in writing the FCC. Certainly MSNBC is aware that enough violations will result in fines and a possible loss of licensing. Lastly, as someone who owns stock in Microsoft, I will be dumping my company shares, as I do not wish to be associated with a company that condones such behavior. Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope MSNBC thinks twice before allowing such provocative and spiteful broadcasting in the future.

Posted by: Cory | Jul 28, 2006 4:41:21 PM

17. Ooops, a few typos, but I was on a ranting roll lol...

Posted by: Cory | Jul 28, 2006 4:43:22 PM

18. Cory, something about your letter really got me thinking about the whole FCC thing and you're absolutely right. I mean, if she had used those other words I'm sure there would have been total outrage, but "fag" seems to be sort of acceptable and at this moment that is pissing me off. God forbid the FCC let us get a flash of Janet Jackson's tit, but call the former Vice President a fag on TV and it's all good. I'm f---ing pissed off!!!

Posted by: ric | Jul 28, 2006 4:58:19 PM

19. I can't wait until someone pops a cap in that bitch's ass.

Posted by: peter parker | Jul 28, 2006 4:58:56 PM

20. I liked the argument a while back when the KKK came out against Gay Marriage and someone came up with "You're either for the Klan or your for gays getting married".

Suddenly the room got real quiet.

I have to agree with the thread throughout the above; stop giving her air and BLOG time, and instead, go after the Chris Matthews (Chris! I hardly know ye!) and the FCC to sensure these matters.

Posted by: Rad | Jul 28, 2006 5:28:32 PM

21. Someone in NY should file a complaint with the state bar about her, she is a member of the NY state bar, and her comments are clearly a violation of atty ethics.

Posted by: Peter | Jul 28, 2006 5:33:11 PM

22. Like a tree falling in the woods, if people stop listening to her, will she make a sound?

Posted by: Steven. | Jul 28, 2006 5:33:34 PM

23. Yup, where the f*** are the gay activists? That is what is wrong with GLAAD, National Gay & Lesbian Task Force, etc. These groups should be on the offensive, especially GLAAD, in reponding back to MSNBC and asking why they allow such a homophobe to spill hate on their shows.

The reality too is that Ann is a CRYSTAL METH addict. Just look at the dark glasses she is wearing. Just like Hitler, these CRYSTAL METH addicts spill out hate and care less about anyone.

A conservative bitch without a conscience doing CRYSTAL METH. Sue the bitch!

Posted by: FunMe | Jul 28, 2006 5:36:25 PM

24. FUNME: That is a scary, and most likely accurate accusation. On a funny note, any one else thinks she looks like Butthead in that picture?

Posted by: Cory | Jul 28, 2006 5:41:42 PM

25. Coulter's job is to distract us, and keep us talking about things that don't actually matter, so we aren't talking about things that do matter. I'm sure she's on the White House payroll to do this simple job.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 28, 2006 6:09:40 PM