France | Jake Gyllenhaal | Lance Armstrong | Sports

Jake and Lance Hit the Tour de France

Jake1_3

Lance Armstrong has taken Jake Gyllenhaal on an extended date to the Tour de France (sans McConaughey) and the two BFFs appear to be having a ball. The boys who love dressing alike are having enough of a good time, even, for Jake to give us a flash of his giddy tongue.

Jake2_3

I guess now we know what all the training was for...

Plenty more shots (via pink is the new blog) after the jump...

Jake3_1

Jake4_1

Jake5_1

Jake6_2

Jake8

Jake9

Comments

1. Two demerits for Jake. Cannot STAND Lance. Too much "buddy publicity".

Posted by: Rad | Jul 21, 2006 11:17:33 AM

2. Maybe one day the gods will bless us with a Jake sex tape. We can only dream.

And I'm with ya, Rad -- Lance is lame.

Posted by: Justin | Jul 21, 2006 11:55:16 AM

3. Is it me or does this just seem like one big cluster-f*ck publicity stunt for the Discovery Channel?

So sad about Lance's fall from the public graces. I held him in such high regard after reading his book about his fight against cancer. It was an extremely inspirational story that showed what determination and believing in oneself can accomplish. However, the divorce, the Sheryl Crow relationship, and the constant referencing of his name in doping scandals hasn't done him any favors.

I still think his story of survival and perseverence needs to be lauded.

Posted by: joeyjoey73 | Jul 21, 2006 12:25:10 PM

4. Look, as long as my little Jakey is happy, I don't care who's bike he's riding. Lance may not be my first choice, but I won't judge them and for Jake's sake, I will find room in my heart for Lance.

Posted by: bubba | Jul 21, 2006 12:40:12 PM

5. Jakey? Verflukte Kerl! Again!

Posted by: Giuseppe | Jul 21, 2006 12:52:08 PM

6. Jakey, stay away from Lance! He's BAAD news!

Posted by: honey child | Jul 21, 2006 12:55:15 PM

7. Interesting discovery, this herd of gay Lance Armstrong haters, and I wonder what it is based on other than his getting more attention than most of us do. I saw the interview with Sheryl Crow in which she stated flatly that her cancer was discovered AFTER they separated, and she clearly still thinks he's a very good guy. Drugs? He's repeatedly, and recently, been proven "clean." Perhaps he's on record for being genuinely homophobic, and I'm simply unaware of it. After all, it can arise even in the most surprising places, e.g., Bette Midler's retarded remarks about gay marriage. Given that she owes her entire career to gays, is there any nongay person on the planet who more deserves being bitch slapped into the balcony with her own mermaid costume than she? While Lance's ESPY Awards "like it in the rear" "joke" about Jake was uncalled for, in the absence of evidence of anything else remotely homophobic, I think it exhibits more "ignorance" than anything else, just as many of Jake's own remarks have. Finally, given that he's had the courage to admit to being an athiest in these theocratic times ("If there was a god I'd still have two nuts."), I'd say actual homo hatred (again versus homo "ignorance") is rather unlikely, given that religion is the source of 99% of our problems.

Posted by: Tagg | Jul 21, 2006 2:14:09 PM

8. Did you really write "having a ball" in a post about Lance Armstrong?? Shame on you!!

Posted by: hellohandsome | Jul 21, 2006 6:53:46 PM

9. Jake seems relaxed and it looks like he doesn't have anything to hide when he is with Lance. This is probably a platonic friendship. A man like Lance would never publicly display his lover (a man) if he's ever had one!

Posted by: JD | Jul 21, 2006 7:37:06 PM

10. I found the Lance quote at the ESPY award show just locker talk between jocks....it was not the place to make the joke, but Jake is also a funny joker. I am sure there would be no such joke about Heath Ledger, or he would punch Armstong's silly face....but all I can say, Jake is still number one and I hope all this with Lance is for an up coming movie.....Jake on a horse or bike is still nice on the eyes...

Posted by: Jerome Shipanik | Jul 22, 2006 10:33:43 AM

11. Two very rich businessmen having fun. What else is new?

Posted by: Georgi Wright | Jul 24, 2006 5:59:10 PM