Crime | Elsewhere | Elton John | Gay Rights | Great Britain | Jake Gyllenhaal | JAmes Dobson | Lance Bass | Montana | News | Religion | Shirley Phelps-Roper | Tom Cruise | Tony Bennett | Web/Tech

BigGayDeal.com

News: Lance's Other Guy, Hackers, Tony Bennett Kiss...

road.jpg Like vultures, Westboro Baptist Church shows up at funeral for Montana Senator Max Baucus' nephew, slain in Iraq.

Jesse_1road.jpg The pre-Reichen days: Lance Bass' closet companion Jesse.

road.jpg Man who killed his classmate in 1985 for revealing he is gay is released from prison after serving 20 years: "Rosenkrantz of Calabasas was 18 when he was sentenced to a 17-year-to-life term for second-degree murder in the June 28, 1985, shooting death of his boyhood friend Steven Redman. The 17-year-old boy was shot 10 times after revealing Rosenkrantz was gay following their graduation from Calabasas High School."

road.jpg Fighting the dog that moos: Focus on the Family just spent half a million dollars on new group to battle two anti-gay ballot measures in Colorado.

road.jpg Paramount Pictures demands Tom Cruise take pay cut before greenlighting any more films: "Cruise fans fears that, unless the hardworking actor learns some humility, an illustrious career which has matured from the cocky boy of Risky Business and Top Gun to more naunced performances in The Last Samurai and Collateral may burn out. 'Right now,' said an insider close to the negotiations, 'he is simply too expensive to employ.'

road.jpg Hacker proves crackability, clonability of RFID (radio frequency identification technology) tags planned for use in new passports: I spend most of my time making the RFID industry's life miserable," the doctorate student told AFP. "I am not anti-RFID. It has the potential to make people's lives easier, but it needs to be used responsibly. The industry and government needs to not be scared of us," Rieback said. "They need to talk with us and to work with us. Hopefully, together we can come up with some kind of reasonable compromise."

Jake_boneroad.jpg Jake Gyllenhaal gives a dog a bone.

road.jpg Smoking rate higher in gay community: stress, targeted ads, club and bar scene cited. Researcher: "If you said you smoke because of job stress, well, for an LGBT person, stresses can include 'Do I come out at the office?' and 'Am I going to get fired if they find out I'm gay?' There's sort of an added layer for LGBT people."

road.jpg Tony Bennett on receiving a surprise kiss from Elton John at a recent benefit concert: "I told the audience it was the first time I'd been kissed by a man. I liked it!"

road.jpg UK gay rights group Stonewall announces first annual awards to honor positive contributions to gay community from individuals and organizations. Awards will be handed out in London on November 2nd.

Comments

1. So if I become a pudgey, mediocre over-sensationalized singer I can date guys like Jesse? Damn, I missed that boat. He's a cuuuutie.

Posted by: Cory | Aug 7, 2006 11:28:07 AM

2. Can I get boned by Jake?

Posted by: JT | Aug 7, 2006 11:53:21 AM

3. Oops, that should have read: a bone from Jake

Posted by: JT | Aug 7, 2006 11:54:27 AM

4. jesse is better looking than reichen.

I personaly like black haired guys...always have. blonds Yuck (sorry but you all are plain janes), browns are tolerable...jet black hair is hot hot hot. Tall dark and handsome beats reichen tall brown with highlights and mediocre

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 7, 2006 12:03:53 PM

5. is everyone here 12?

Posted by: Bryce | Aug 7, 2006 12:34:40 PM

6. 12..... with major hang ups?

Posted by: Greg | Aug 7, 2006 12:41:23 PM

7. 2 blonds must have just posted

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Aug 7, 2006 1:01:34 PM

8. Jimmy, what's your deal with blonds? =) Check me out on friendster (CJ Dorschel), I bet I'm a blond you would go for ;)

Posted by: Cory | Aug 7, 2006 1:09:43 PM

9. Cory I have always liked your posts, very well thought out. Who would have known that you were such a hottie as well as being intelegent. I too prefer darker men, but like Brad Pitt, you sir are a blond anyone with a pulse would go for. Enjoy the day sir.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Aug 7, 2006 1:22:27 PM

10. 12..... with major hang ups.....and seriously vacuous?

Posted by: kimaninyc | Aug 7, 2006 1:44:26 PM

11. Cory nails the vacuous [and vain] component of being a blond, no doubt. At least that's the impression one would make based on the comment.

...then again, perhaps the majority of those that posted a response just may be blond as the only thing worth discussing is whether you'd tap Lance's ex. Ah, to be blond and twelve again.

Posted by: jason | Aug 7, 2006 2:42:10 PM

12. No coincidence, I suppose, that a local TV station dug up for broadcast this weekend a film I didn't even know existed: "On the Line" starring Lance Bass as a Chicago advertising guy trying to reconnect with the first woman he's ever even briefly bonded with. He met her on the L but was too shy to get her name or phone number. It was trite but relatively painless. A couple of scenes were more interesting since his People mag coming out than they would have been when it was released. One involved one of his friends (played painfully by *Nsyncer Joey Fatone) yelling at him not to "be such a tulip." We think it safe to imagine that "tulip" was a word dubbed in for network TV release, and that the original word was probably "pansy" or "fag."

Then there was the mock post credits "making of" scene in which *Nsyncers Chris Kirkpatrick, and Justin Timberlake played a film set hairdresser and stylist. Justin's take on "nelly" involved so much mincing, flailing wrists, and so many over-pronounced Ssssssss that they probably had to sponge off Lance and mop the studio floor when he was done. No wonder he was the last one Lance told.

Posted by: Tagg | Aug 7, 2006 2:45:29 PM

13. Cory... once you see Jason's picture on his website, www.midnightlounge.net, you'll understand the depth of his bitterness.

from www.midnightlounge.net: "Those buffed department store mannequins made me HOTTT!!" Now, what was that about being 12 and blonde?

Posted by: Greg | Aug 7, 2006 3:04:46 PM

14. p.s...... you both live in Rochester!

Posted by: Greg | Aug 7, 2006 3:06:07 PM

15. Why is it that such a great web site gets so many comments from either uptight, cynical, "everything is so F*CKING serious" bitchy queens, or twinks who sound like jr. highschool girls?

Posted by: Brett | Aug 7, 2006 3:07:54 PM

16. How in the hell does Lance Bass do it? I mean I know he has money, but damn! The guy is seriously fug, and his band was one of the all-time cheesiest ever. Shit, and to think my parents wouldn't let me take voice lessons!

Posted by: peter parker | Aug 7, 2006 3:13:58 PM

17. oooh, snap. thanks Greg. Or should I say hector projector? No bitterness on this end, sweetie. Just callin' it as a seein' it.

And as for the dept. store mannequins? I blog for the reader demographic; looks like I hit my mark. Again.

Posted by: jasdon | Aug 7, 2006 3:22:49 PM

18. Jason if you have read any of Cory's posts you would know he is far from vacuous. I disagree with Gregg that the cause of your bitterness is your looks, you are not bad looking, just bitter. Maybe you need to get laid, that always works. Look at Bush. He hasn't had sex since the twins were born and look at all the trouble he is in.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Aug 7, 2006 3:25:54 PM

19. Woah ;)

dorschel.com

Posted by: Jason | Aug 7, 2006 3:47:04 PM

20. All I can say is Lance must have an AWESOME personality...

Posted by: Michael | Aug 7, 2006 3:52:11 PM

21. Woah?? oooh, snap??

Really Jason. And you call Cory vacuous? Look in the mirror sir.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Aug 7, 2006 3:55:45 PM

22. "...I bet I'm a blond you would go for ;)"

and...

"So if I become a pudgey, mediocre over-sensationalized singer I can date guys like Jesse? Damn, I missed that boat. He's a cuuuutie."

...are considered well-thought out posts, patrick? Good perspective for me to keep in mind.

Posted by: jason | Aug 7, 2006 3:59:13 PM

23. Well.. I WAS feeling a little absurd for getting caught up in this immature, pointless thread. And, even thinking I shouldn't have posted those last two comments in defense of Cory..

But....... Check this lame ass email I got from Jason.............L*A*M*E!!!

emailed directly to me from Jason:::

"Hey, rather than further perpetuate that gay men are a catty bunch, I just wanted to drop a quick note and say thanks for your response. And take it off the bulletin board and be respectful.

As bitchy and as thought-out as your analysis of me was, I think you're a bit off the mark.

Not much bitterness on this end, sweetie. Then again, I am only 31, up against you bein' 40. So yeah, I've got more time on my side before I take on all that you're projectin'. I'm hardly goin' to defend or justify that I'm bitter on account of my looks, please. I do just fine, thanks.

It looks as though my strategic bloggin' hit the market I go after; you truly identified with the mannequin post. RIGHT ON!

Regardless, thanks for hittin' up my site, It keeps the advertisers comin'.

cheers - jason."

Posted by: Greg | Aug 7, 2006 3:59:33 PM

24. Ha, ha, ha, ha......... Lame!!

Posted by: Greg | Aug 7, 2006 4:00:41 PM

25. I don't date guys who smoke. It's gross. The % is around 50 I think (higher then their estimate).

Posted by: Anon | Aug 7, 2006 4:13:50 PM