News: Steve-O Pees, Bad Secretary, Cheerleader Hate Crime

road.jpg Report shows Housing Secretary Alphonso Jackson awarded contracts based on political affiliation; blocked contracts to Democrats: “During the investigation, Secretary Jackson’s Chief of Staff, as well as the HUD Deputy Secretary testified that, in a senior staff meeting, Jackson had advised senior staff, to the effect, that when considering discretionary contracts, they should be considering supporters of the President.” Rep. Waxman calls for Jackson’s immediate resignation.

Steveo_1road.jpg Steve-O behaves like a Jackass, wets red carpet at premiere.

road.jpg CBS investigates sex at Equinox gym in New York.

road.jpg 30-year-old Chinese man sentenced to five years in prison for posting his nude photos to internet websites. (NSFW)

road.jpg Gay man murdered in Washington Heights neighborhood of New York City.

Lcrroad.jpg Cartoon show to debut on Comedy Central featuring a superhero who transforms himself from a Log Cabin Republican into a leather bear.

road.jpg Male high school cheerleader assaulted in apparent hate crime after a football game: “Following the game, the Malden cheerleading squad exited through the crowd towards the team bus, according to Pat Ruggiero, Melrose director of health, physical education and athletics. According to police reports, a 17-year-old, male cheerleader from Malden alleged that an unidentified female teen from Melrose began harassing him with homosexual slurs. When the cheerleader ignored the taunts, a male teen accompanying the female, described as a 17-year-old, white male with a lip piercing and wearing a black hat, allegedly punched the cheerleader in the face and several times in the chest.”

road.jpg Pedro Almodovar’s Volver the early favorite for New York Critics award.

Comments

1. Jack says

Andy, please keep a straight face if you’re going to claim that no cabinet secretary in recent Democratic administrations ever favored important Democrats in awarding discretionary contracts. It’s the name of the game.

2. Patrick W. says

LOL. If straight people only knew the HALF of what goes on in just about *every* gym in America…

3. Rad says

A local Bally’s mega gym in these parts was once listed in “Damron’s Guide”. I can attest to actually seeing it all!

On the Idiot’s issues, funny how they tried to fry Hillary over Whitewater, but no one wants to take on the favoritism that is going on in this admistration. So glad that the precedent has been set that abuse of power is now considered business as usual.

So tell me… how are things in other countries? I am actually thinking about moving. Canada? I hear you’re country has this thing called a democracy. What is that all about?

I caught a news segment the other evening on ABC about the IRS cracking down on a church that openly opposed Bush and the war. The IRS said they could not use the pulpit for political reasons… huh?

4. Cory says

and the number one movie in America (drum roll please)… … … …

Jackass 2. Just goes to show the intelligence level and maturity of American audiences. Motion pictures were once graced with the talent and virtue of Audrey Hepburn and Laurence Olivier, now we have “celebrities” pissing on red carpets at the premiere to their number one films. We’ve come so far… How pathetic.

5. jmg says

Hey, Cory….settle down a little.

Things really weren’t so great in the US in the 1950s. Would you have wanted to be a gay man then? I certainly wouldn’t have.

6. Cory says

^^^ What??? How does society losing class and taste have anything to do with being gay in the 1950’s? Apples and oranges. Society can accept homosexuality without accepting “celebrities” pissing during the openings of movies. As for me settling down, I’m quite settled but I appreciate your concern, thank you…

7. jmg says

you just sound like my grandmother waxing nostalgic about how classy the old days were. And I am sure people in the 50s thought the 20s were better, too. Audrey Hepburn–Please. Give me the present any day of the week.

And you don’t seem that settled.

8. Cory says

It’s obvious you’re looking for an argument and I’m not going to give you the satisfaction. If you’re bored and high strung, go for a run. I’m done here. PEACE.