Brokeback Mountain | Fashion Men | Film | Jake Gyllenhaal | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Gyllenhaal in Zodiac: New Film, Same Uniform

Gyllenhaal_zodiac_1

Film stills are slowly being released for the upcoming David Fincher thriller Zodiac starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, and Robert Downey Jr. (seen here), due in early 2007. Gyllenhaal plays Robert Graysmith, a cartoonist who wrote two books about the unsolved serial murders. Here's the latest still.

It appears that despite the change in movie genre, Jake still can't quit that Brokeback Mountain wardrobe.

Brokeback_mountain_shirt

Comments

1. Actually I think it's the one worn by Ennis which, if you think about it, makes even more (forlorn/bittersweet) sense.

Posted by: just sayin' | Oct 11, 2006 2:30:10 PM

2. that's funny. Everyone is on top of their game here!

Posted by: Steven | Oct 11, 2006 2:47:29 PM

3. Of course. Momentary Brokeback amnesia.

Posted by: andy | Oct 11, 2006 2:52:39 PM

4. Hot damn, Jake looks so friggin cute. That boy needs to come out of the closet and get himself a boyfriend he can go public with!

Posted by: mo's4all | Oct 11, 2006 2:59:41 PM

5. Gotta say I'm looking forward to Zodiac. David Fincher is one of my favourite directors. Two of my favourite films being Seven and Fight Club.

Posted by: Kevin | Oct 11, 2006 3:01:02 PM

6. Jake can wear anything he likes.... or better yet, nothing at all!!!

Just. Damn. That is one beautiful man.

Posted by: Jonathon | Oct 11, 2006 3:15:39 PM

7. Wow, they are similar shirts. One gets the sense that Jake enjoyed his whole BBM experience while co-star (and very shy person) Heath has been bummed out by it all. So, I would not be surprised if he picked out the shirt as an homage of sorts.

Posted by: Anon | Oct 11, 2006 3:34:14 PM

8. you guys are so freakin' shallow.,,,and actors do not dress themselves for their roles, the wardrobe department does...homage of sorts...gimme a break.

Posted by: whatev | Oct 11, 2006 4:33:42 PM

9. It depends on the role, but actors usually have some influence over what they wear.

Posted by: Anon | Oct 11, 2006 4:45:31 PM

10. Anon 4:45:31 PM, that may happen on a few movie sets, but not with David Fincher who is a stickler for details and control of his films. I highly doubt Jake is wearing that shirt because of "Brokeback."

Posted by: NO | Oct 11, 2006 5:49:31 PM

11. Not a big deal either way, no?

Posted by: Anon | Oct 11, 2006 6:03:14 PM

12. I don't think anything is unplanned with these things. That's on purpose to grab us by queer coding. Brilliant. But dame, look at how distressed & worn & rubbed Jake's crotch bulge looks. Damn, he's hot.

Posted by: lee Gordon | Oct 11, 2006 8:31:52 PM

13. BBM is early 1960s, Zodiac is 1970s. Men's shirt styles don't change very fast, but it is eerie that the front pockets have almost the same nipple, I mean button.

Posted by: CA Dude | Oct 11, 2006 9:25:00 PM

14. Where are the new images of Zodiac being posted? IMDb hasn't updated their info yet. But Wikipedia has an image of the movie's poster up. Pretty cool.

Posted by: Jahg | Oct 12, 2006 3:32:14 PM

15. I noticed that the other day and it freaked me out-- it's Ennis's shirt. I don't know whether I'm obssessed with Jake or just insane. LOL.
    WWW.jakewatch.com has a picture of the poster too.

Posted by: devilgirl | Oct 12, 2006 5:46:57 PM

16. Re: the worn out crotch bulge-- I've seen another post of this picture and it seems the one here has a light on it, b'c the one I saw didn't show that...and I would've noticed. :)

Posted by: devilgirl | Oct 12, 2006 5:49:17 PM

17. I can't wait for that movie. (I read the Graysmith book).

Posted by: Joe T. | Oct 15, 2006 12:58:02 PM

18. This takes place in the 70's doesn't it? He should have grown his hair out a bit.

Posted by: paul | Oct 15, 2006 6:38:52 PM

19. From the picture it appears he dresses to the right.

Posted by: Doug | Oct 25, 2006 2:42:44 PM