Film | George W. Bush | Jared Leto | News | Video Games

BigGayDeal.com

News: Bullies, Dixie Chicks, Blogging Hobbits, Name Game

road.jpg NBC refuses to air ad for Dixie Chicks, says they "cannot accept [the] spots as they are disparaging to President Bush." Harvey Weinstein issues statement: "It’s a sad commentary about the level of fear in our society that a movie about a group of courageous entertainers who were blacklisted for exercising their right of free speech is now itself being blacklisted by corporate America. The idea that anyone should be penalized for criticizing the president is profoundly un-American." Watch the ad.

Kiss_1road.jpg Earlier this week I posted about the man-on-man kisses built into the new video game Bully. Now, the Gay Gamer has a guide for those of you who want to make that happen.

road.jpg UK schools to crack down on homophobic bullying.

road.jpg Will Stolichnaya's new LOGO documentary series be intoxicating? The vodka maker looks to overthrow Absolut in the gay market by offering 'real' entertainment: "The network made the deal for the advertiser-produced shows because they are 'authentic,' says Logo President Brian Graden. 'We started out with the question, 'Is this good content and something that our audience would like to see?''"

road.jpg If you're a hobbit who blogs, you best watch out for Jared Leto.

road.jpg There are 299,968,595 people in the U.S. How many have your name?

Comments

1. ha,ha.... there are 0 people in the US with my name.

Posted by: Greg | Oct 27, 2006 2:43:00 PM

2. I'm the only one with my name.

Of course when a person has a name that's half Mississippi redneck and half Scottish aristocrat he can hardly be surprised when his name is unique.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 27, 2006 2:55:06 PM

3. Hey Andy: congratulations for being one of the media outlets linked to in Google News. I've not seen a link to Towleroad previously!

Posted by: JT | Oct 27, 2006 3:02:22 PM

4. There are O people in the U.S. with my name according to the site but I know of three others in my extended family alone. We are also the Smiths of New Mexico so I doubt the reliability of the data. A fun diversion for a Friday nevertheless.

Posted by: rudy | Oct 27, 2006 3:08:29 PM

5. No one with my name either.

But 19 with the name Andrew Towle.

Posted by: David | Oct 27, 2006 3:25:20 PM

6. I was more excited to see the Dixie Chicks than Madonna on Oprah this past week...I guess that means I am a bad gay...

Posted by: midnight lounge | Oct 27, 2006 3:45:56 PM

7. There aren't just 0 people with my name, there are 0 people even with just my last name. Mom and Dad will be so concerned.

Posted by: Scott | Oct 27, 2006 3:56:43 PM

8. It was a major news item that we reached 300 million people on Oct 17, they are a bit behind, no? I know there are a few others with my first name out there, but it says no...must not be accurate.

Posted by: Lano | Oct 27, 2006 4:29:00 PM

9. so, logo's gonna let stoly produce "authentic" content....will they continue to "bleep" out all the adult words?

Posted by: kile Ozier | Oct 27, 2006 5:31:35 PM

10. What happens when you give flowers to Jared Leto?

Posted by: Anon | Oct 27, 2006 5:52:52 PM

11. Hmmm... if you don't factoring middle-names, I personally know at-least who four of the 5 are. Based on my nick-name, I know who two of the three are.

Can Leto wear THAT MUCH eyeliner and continue to get away with claiming to be straight?

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Oct 27, 2006 6:18:28 PM

12. Damn, I think I missed another memo.

Are we required to wear eyeliner now or is it just a suggestion?

I'm startin to believe that there's a conspiracy against us redneck homos. We never get the notices with latest requirements for renewing our pink cards.

Does it have to be eyeliner, or will mascara (sp?) do? I probably just lost more homo points for misspelling mascara; OR I lost redneck points for spelling it right.

It aint easy bein BOTH.

Rainbow Rednecks of the world Unite! Stop the disenfranchisement!

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 27, 2006 6:51:12 PM

13. To add to my comment above, reform efforts at the legislative level might not fare so well now, but a court challenge might be the impetus for change.

Posted by: Wholesale New Era Hats | Sep 21, 2011 12:04:39 AM