London | Music | News | Prince Harry | Prince William | Princess Diana

Princes Announce Concert for Diana

Princes

Princes Harry and William have announced a massive concert to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana. The Wembley concert will raise money for causes important to her and for charities set up by the Princes. Among those performing are Elton John, Duran Duran, Joss Stone, Pharrell, Bryan Ferry, and the Engish National Ballet. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9am for £45 each.

A short interview with the boys can be viewed here.

Speculation has begun that Elton John will perform "Candle in the Wind", a track that he vowed never to play again following his performance at Diana's funeral. Elton's spokesman was mum: "We're not saying anything about it."

Comments

1. Concert...blah blah blah...Diana...blah blah blah. William, what happened? Harry is clearly the hottie in that family. Thank God he has a different dad.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 12, 2006 1:05:39 PM

2. Damn. When did William become fugly and Harry become so hot??

Posted by: Philwin | Dec 12, 2006 1:06:19 PM

3. Hard to believe 10yrs has flown by. And is it me or is Harry too HOT for words?

Posted by: mikey | Dec 12, 2006 1:07:36 PM

4. William used to be so cute--what happened? He is looking more and more like Charles, unfortunately for him. And Harry is adorable.

Posted by: jmg | Dec 12, 2006 1:12:33 PM

5. Why doesn't Harry look like a Windsor? He is incredible.

Posted by: gay is the new straight | Dec 12, 2006 1:20:06 PM

6. *sigh* I remember when I was fifteen I used to fantasize about settling down with Prince Edward. And now that I'm, well, let's just say 'older', I fantasize about a nice roll in the hay with Harry. Damn, he's hot!

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 12, 2006 1:20:38 PM

7. They don't look like they're related! I'm not sure why anyone needs this concert except the aging acts that will perform therein.

Posted by: Anon | Dec 12, 2006 1:26:24 PM

8. more precisely, elton said he would never play the song again, except at the request of her sons.

i don't know why i remember this information.

Posted by: b mac | Dec 12, 2006 1:33:19 PM

9. Great idea for the concert. Princess Diana loved pop music, so it seems fitting. Everyone rags on Wills. He's not as hot as Harry, but, hey, he's the one who's going to be King. So that does make him more fuckable. And Harry does look like Charles to me, and he also looks a bit like the Queen. I believe he is Charles's kid.

Posted by: chauncy gardner | Dec 12, 2006 1:34:26 PM

10. I agree. Harry looks much more like the Queen than William does. So he must be her grandson.

Posted by: i agree | Dec 12, 2006 1:36:51 PM

11. Yeah, seems like Wm's sort of ended up with a lot of the bad stuff -- he's got the Windsor horse-face like his Aunt Anne or Uncle Andrew which, when combined with his mother's big nose and his father's early receding hair line (and those big bee-sting lips from god-knows-where) doesn't work all that well ... but it is balanced out nicely by the fact that he's 2d line line to the throne.

(Also, he shouldn't slouch when he's sitting.)

Harry's more a Bowes-Lyon (the Queen Mother's side) -- round faced and an evil twinkle in his eyes. Definately more do-able at this point -- he just looks like he'd be more fun in bed.

Posted by: Buster | Dec 12, 2006 1:57:09 PM

12. I'd love to be sandwiched between them! WOOF!

Posted by: dc-20008 | Dec 12, 2006 2:14:47 PM

13. why keep on about harry being a windsor? This consert should be injoyed by people who liked and respected DIANE PRINCSS OF WALES,This title sould always be her's so be a bit more respectfull to her and her son's.

Posted by: sarah | Dec 12, 2006 2:31:30 PM

14. Yes, Harry has turned into QUITE the hottie.

Posted by: Marc | Dec 12, 2006 2:33:32 PM

15. Wow, how things change. William was a cute teenager who looked just like his beautiful mother. Now, the Windsor genes have kicked in and he looks more like his grandmother. At 80.

Harry was an awkward looking kid who I thought had inhereted the Windsor looks, but now he's grown up to be the most handsome English royal ever!

Posted by: sam | Dec 12, 2006 2:42:22 PM

16. Harry is a fucking STUD

Posted by: Charlie | Dec 12, 2006 2:57:46 PM

17. Mike... you made me laugh. Love Diana, but something IS up with her youngest one's baby-daddy. Harry is aging fast...but imagine walking a path that may not be in alignment with your soul... that's what I see. Harry looks happy cause he can act a fool--and does--and truly be more of who is is... his head won't be wearing the oppressive crown.

Posted by: CaliNexus | Dec 12, 2006 3:14:00 PM

18. I meant: William is aging fast...

Posted by: CaliNexus | Dec 12, 2006 3:15:33 PM

19. That coy look that Harry is giving the photographer is a serious turn-on. He's definitely a hottie.

Posted by: Jordan | Dec 12, 2006 4:00:42 PM

20. It is clear that William has lost what were very hot looks, now he does look like his Aunt Anne, aka horse face. While Harry is growing into quite the hottie, don't forget his Nazi dress up stunt.

Either way, the Royals have never done anything to earn the fortune they were born into. They are a drain to the people of England, many of the poor there could use the money, or at least some of it.

Posted by: pbnyc59 | Dec 12, 2006 4:20:54 PM

21. maybe that elton person can refer willy to his hair surgeon.

Posted by: A.J. | Dec 12, 2006 4:46:00 PM

22. I feel vindicated.....lol.....Harry is 2 years younger than me and I can remember seeing him when he was a skinny awkward kid of 12 and thinking how much more I liked him than William. Well, now he's grown up and ...WOW....he has become total studly. I think about a month ago Pink and this blog had a pic of him showing what part of a horse HE got....lol....and it's not the face or ass......lol
    Oh....and the Royals gave up their properties and many of their assests for a yearly allowence(though they still own a lot and the Queen is estimated to be worth almost 350 million pounds)and last years estimate of what they brought in by tourist dollars was over 9 BILLION dollars to the UK....and that was a slow year. Not a bad return.

Posted by: joshua | Dec 12, 2006 4:48:37 PM

23. What happened with William's voice? Sounds like and eastender.

Posted by: Terry | Dec 12, 2006 5:10:46 PM

24. All I can say is the younger prince is turning into a prime cut of beef....HARRY IS HOT!

Posted by: matt | Dec 12, 2006 6:28:40 PM

25. Haha, Harry looks so saucy in that pic. Loves it.

Posted by: Eric | Dec 12, 2006 6:38:51 PM