Alan Cumming | Gay Marriage | Great Britain | London | News | Rufus Wainwright

Alan Cumming Weds Partner Grant Shaffer in Civil Partnership

Cumming_1

Last November we talked about a wedding in the works for actor Alan Cumming and his partner of two years, illustrator Grant Shaffer.

Apparently the civil partnership ceremony took place this weekend in London and was attended by Rufus Wainwright and actress Mary-Elizabeth Mastrantonio, among others.

Cumming is the second high-profile actor in two weeks to register a civil partnership in the UK. Just before the New Year, John Barrowman tied the knot in Wales with his partner.

Best wishes and plenty of Cumming for the both of them.

Alan Cumming Marries [queerty]
Tony-Winner Alan Cumming Weds in London [broadway world]

Comments

1. I'd love to have Rufus at my wedding..as my groom! Congrats to the newlyweds.

Posted by: Da | Jan 8, 2007 3:44:00 PM

2. Love Alan Cumming, and really love John Barrowman, two great Broadway actors. Hope they are both happy with their marriages.

Posted by: oyness | Jan 8, 2007 3:49:16 PM

3. hey andy....
    what a beautiful new year weekend and several other moments....and then, i'm reminded of some things and wonder -- is some of this garbage being labelled as substance for some degree of learning amongst a queer community let alone representation outside of it??

such as the trash that's come to represent quality journalism (yet, is nothing but LIES) or anything other than postings to participate in very, very bad cinema or theater (in many cases at this point)....many places have been visited -- and i wonder if some of these people have any balls in person -- when stepping away from this garbage that's become chat rooms and web cam crap.

a beautiful new year in many ways. actually, far too beautiful to be immersed in a false and trashy rubrick that has been passed on to people as formative or substantive in achieving much of anything.

similar to people making an effort to visit other countries (thankfully, balancing time away from ghetto and cruise ship consciousness) and this country from coast to coast -- and one wonders -- is that the best you can do in theater, music, education, and the arts?? is that your manner of being inviting?? are these the values or approach for your programs??

what a piece of shit!! your curator sucks and mounts this same crap!!

Posted by: ricardo | Jan 8, 2007 4:00:43 PM

4. Ricardo, for the love of god! there's valium.

Posted by: Damon2 | Jan 8, 2007 4:05:06 PM

5. What is a "rubrick"?

Posted by: chrisb | Jan 8, 2007 4:15:39 PM

6. ChrisB,
    Rubrick is latin for Ricardo needs to lay off the Crack Cocaine and get a life.

Posted by: Jeff | Jan 8, 2007 4:34:40 PM

7. So how is it that Romy and Michelle didn't know Sandy Frink was like, you know - GAY?

But seriously, congrats to a fine actor and best of luck to the happy couple.

Posted by: Bryant | Jan 8, 2007 4:46:30 PM

8. I'd be happy if Ricardo learned to use basic punctuation.

Posted by: chrisb | Jan 8, 2007 4:54:03 PM

9. Paxil anyone?

Posted by: mark | Jan 8, 2007 4:59:37 PM

10. Ric, wth are you rambling on about?

Posted by: Devin | Jan 8, 2007 5:51:23 PM

11. Sounds like he has a crush or something!

Posted by: Da | Jan 8, 2007 6:12:54 PM

12. Ricardo's post shows why you should never type on crystal meth.

Posted by: Brucie | Jan 8, 2007 7:54:43 PM

13. I guess the stylist had the day off...

Posted by: M | Jan 8, 2007 11:47:16 PM

14. Ricardo,

Homo said WHAT?!?!?

Posted by: Rickie | Jan 9, 2007 12:02:16 AM

15. Alan Cummings/Pee-Wee Herman: Seperated at Birth? You decide.

Why does Alan just bug the shit out of me? It must have been that fucking tv ad for Caberet that ran for years during the Today Show: "Come to the Caberet, where the boys are beautiful, the girls are beautiful, even the orchesta is beautiful!". Recited with this bizzare accent as if he had some speech impediment with a German accent. And he won the Tony for this? Ugh. Make pain stop!

Posted by: John Goodfriend | Jan 9, 2007 2:42:10 AM

16. John, If you thought Cabaret was painful, be thankful that you missed Three Penny Opera. Alan Cumming as the most sexually devastating man in London? Not even the most sensual man in Hoboken. I always find his acting one-dimensional: like a leprechaun on poppers. Mack the (pocket) Knife indeed. More pitiably, Cindy Lauper was horribly mis-directed and her talent squandered. All around a miserable two and one-half hours. Nevertheless, although I do not admire his talents treading the boards, I hope his marraige makes it. We need more out and proud gay marriages.

Posted by: rudy | Jan 9, 2007 6:52:29 AM

17. hello friend how are you hope you can help me I'm a fan of Monica Lewinski, I ask that you give me your email to monica, to communicate with her, I am Peruvian nationality, I hope you can help me please, thanks friend. my email is anthony_td@hotmail.com

Posted by: anthony | Dec 3, 2009 2:32:24 AM