Chicago | John Barrowman | Music | News | Softlightes

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #68

TORCHWOOD Declassified: A behind-the-scenes look at the final Torchwood episode with the great kiss I posted about recently.

HEART MADE OF SOUND: Great stop-motion video by Kris Moyes for the new Softlightes track "Heart Made of Sound".

BRENDA DICKSON: Where do ex-soap actresses go when they leave the daytime screen?

DO YOU BELIEVE?: A pilot talks about the Chicago O'Hare UFO sighting.

For all our previous guides to the tube, click here!

Comments

1. OH MY GOD! That Brenda Dickson piece is priceless! So many great fashion tips for the new year...such as "Dress up a look by adding dressy accessories" or "Just add a belt, and go" - Love it!

Posted by: stephen | Jan 8, 2007 2:27:10 PM

2. I'm going to rush right home and color-code my closet so I can find all my red patent-leather boots in a flash!

Posted by: sam | Jan 8, 2007 2:37:08 PM

3. who the hell is Brenda and why didn't she land a part of Dynasty? Brilliant!

Posted by: Toby | Jan 8, 2007 2:39:55 PM

4. Seriously, though, the Brenda Dickson thing is MESMERIZING. She's such a terrible presenter and the writing is atrocious. Some that stand out: "Notice the slit?" and "When I powder, I powder...GOOD."

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jan 8, 2007 2:47:21 PM

5. The writing in the Brenda Dickinson (created the role of Jill Foster on the Young and Restless before many of us were born) piece is pretty bad. The bit about "fashion being something that can anyone can acquire through looking at many fashions" is awful. I think she meant "style" or "fashion sense."

But the question remains, what ever happened to her? What does become to "big" soap divas once they leave a show and don't find a gig on another soap?

The clothes were really bad. Very, very, very bad.

Posted by: noah | Jan 8, 2007 3:30:46 PM

6. Part Two of "Welcome To My Home" is just as awesome.

Brenda puts on legwarmers and a headband and rides a stationary bike in her pastel colored bedroom. Behind her is somekind of vase that looks like a giant pink buttplug.
    Then she dons a caftan and headwrap and shows how to make a smoothie.

It's hard to believe that this woman was able to take herself seriously. It's better than any parody could ever be.

Posted by: stephen | Jan 8, 2007 4:22:55 PM

7. I worked at CBS during and right after the time Brenda Dickson was at Y & R.

Some of us felt that she was starting to not understand when she should be Jill and when she should be Brenda.

Steve says above, "It's hard to believe that this woman was able to take herself seriously."

We felt the same way.

My recollection was that the producers at Y & R were asking similar questions.

Now, Eric Braeden, there's a mensch. While I was there, he actually apprehended my co-worker's stalker in the lot outside the artists' entrance on Beverly, which I thought was very cool.

I have been looking for a place on line to tell that story for years. Now I have one.

Posted by: Joe Bua | Jan 8, 2007 4:38:19 PM

8. I do believe we are not alone in the universe and we have been visted. Why, just last week I had an anal probe.

Posted by: gay is the new straight | Jan 8, 2007 5:22:22 PM

9. Check out her site www.brendadickson.com for the latest 'fun.' Click "Brenda's Back in Town - Red Carpet Madness" for pics with American Idol's Ace Young, her 'dinner companion' (?) -- and Marc Cherry. (captioned, "Please write Marc at ABC for a possible part. We talked about me.") Her "New Blond Photo Gallery" includes Brenda Dickson's take on Christmas decorating.

Posted by: lakeshoredrive75 | Jan 8, 2007 6:40:51 PM

10. The kiss by the 2 Captain Jacks is damn HOT!

Posted by: blake S | Jan 8, 2007 9:20:58 PM

11. Brightly Glowing, Structural
    UFO Photographed In MA

Posted by: Jordy | Jan 8, 2007 10:18:09 PM

12. Ostrich feathers anyone? I find that leather is best accessorized with a nice fox pelt. And baby seals make the most adorable fur boots.

How do I keep my face so flawless? Powder. Powder reeeeeeal good. And Celexa. Lots and lots and lots of Celexa.

Being this fabulous isn't easy. Please come back and visit me soon. I have no friends, no children and men run screaming from me so DO come back soon.

Please!

There's so much more I want to tell you about me!

Posted by: mark m | Jan 9, 2007 9:11:11 AM

13. I Can't. Stop. Watching. the Brenda Dickson clips. I am watching both of them over and over. Someone please help me.

Posted by: Davey | Jan 9, 2007 12:44:30 PM