Britney Spears | News | Rupert Everett | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #72

RUPERT EVERETT: Talks to The View gals about his new book.

STRANGERS WITH CONDI: Responses to the Iraq troop surge plan.

BRITNEY SPEARS: She's "Fed Up" in this reportedly leaked track.

THE COUNTDOWN: What is wrong with Paula Abdul?

Check out our past guides to the Tube here!

Comments

1. How differently Rupert behaves on US tv compared to over here (UK)... Much more opinionated and grumpy. Always plays it a little more winsome and coquettish on uk tv. He's sporting a much butcher look too...

Posted by: brainic_amour | Jan 17, 2007 4:22:49 PM

2. Rupert will be at Barnes and Noble, Union Square(NYC) at 7pm tonight!

Posted by: gabe | Jan 17, 2007 4:47:42 PM

3. Fox is enabling Paula Abdul. Whatever meds she's on, it reminds me of the old restaurant joke "I want what she's having."

Posted by: Mike | Jan 17, 2007 5:37:03 PM

4. Rupert seemed more queeny than I expected. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by: Gumby | Jan 17, 2007 7:01:27 PM

5. I feel badly for Paula Abdul. What she is on are serious pain killers. She has a rare neurological ailment called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, and currently is on enough pain killers to floor a 300 lb man. Figures the media would trash talk her.

Posted by: Cory | Jan 17, 2007 8:05:20 PM

6. lol, that is so not Britney.

Posted by: Da | Jan 17, 2007 9:12:00 PM

7. re: Rupert. the voice in my head as I read his book is much more pleasing than his honking here on The View. "all religions are essentially the same" - ? a banal observation if he means that they focus on spirituality and transcendce. warhol and bianca jagger as famous rather than celebrities? my dear - they practically INVENTED the celebrity catagory. he should stick with gay giggles and Hollywood dish - leave the weightier topics to the big girls.

Posted by: resurrect | Jan 17, 2007 9:53:46 PM

8. re: Paula. media vultures, welcome to your next carcass. given that she & her posse called my great city Minne-hopeless, she shouldn't get a smidgen of my sympathy but hey, I'm a sensitive gay guy. get off the air, sister. get better (whatever the affliction) and practice some new moves. there's a whole generation out there that needs more dancin' and prancin' and less moanin' & groanin'. ps - before you leave, please just knock the shit outta ryan. thanks baaaaabe.

Posted by: resurrect | Jan 17, 2007 10:02:04 PM

9. I adore Rupert, got his book but haven't read it yet... I saw "Another Country" again a few days ago, god he's hot... a fab film if you haven't seen it yet, it's just bursting with homosexuality...

Posted by: miss dna | Jan 17, 2007 10:12:24 PM

10. Cory - not to call you a liar, but if that was the case, why wouldn't Fox just say so, instead of making up blatant lies about technical difficulties / simultaneous interviews / exhaustion?

Posted by: gander | Jan 17, 2007 10:42:21 PM

11. Hmmm, that doesn't sound like Britney...or maybe that's what she sounds like before a track is "finished"?

Posted by: Je | Jan 17, 2007 11:16:04 PM

12. Paula dear, get some help....
    I agree with the poster about Rupert's inane comments about all religions being "the same"...superficial inanity showing his lack of study and any real examination of history of religions and anthropology. He needs to keep his observations to his acting career and his previous professional endeavors.

Posted by: tommy | Jan 18, 2007 12:38:32 AM

13. GANDER: WTF are you talking about? liar? Why would I lie about something that doesn't even involve me? I read it online and watched a show in which this issue was specifically addressed. Why would I care? As for FOX, um, this is the same network that reported Foley a Democrat on more than three occasions. Figure it out...

Posted by: Cory | Jan 18, 2007 11:54:35 PM