News | Superheroes | Television | Zachary Quinto

Flashback: Heroes' Sylar Hits the Sauna

Quinto_zachary

Over the weekend I was reminded where I'd seen Zachary Quinto, who plays the superhuman serial killer Sylar in the NBC drama Heroes. He played one of Tori Spelling's gay friends in the short-lived, nominally entertaining scripted reality series So NoTORIous. Quite a different challenge from playing a superhuman-murdering, skull-slicing, brain-removing killer.

One more shot and scene, after the jump...

(via superherofan)

Quinto_zachary_2

Comments

1. HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH! I never got to see the show, but Zachary Quinto is a cutie. I hope Heros helps take him places.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Mar 12, 2007 2:17:52 PM

2. From the word on the street, I thought you were going to say, "Akbar"

Posted by: boifromtroy | Mar 12, 2007 2:34:25 PM

3. Here's another fun fact: The actor who plays smokin' hot politico Nathan Petrelli is married to Dixie Chick Natalie Maines.

Posted by: chrisb | Mar 12, 2007 2:43:58 PM

4. Yeah I remeber that show! I loved that episode...it's not coming back? Awww.

Posted by: FanGirlHater | Mar 12, 2007 2:48:08 PM

5. I freaking LOVED that show. Mindless fun.

I say we lobby the network to bring it back!

Posted by: Brian | Mar 12, 2007 3:38:19 PM

6. Has Zachary done anything since "So NoTORIous?"

Hmmmmm.....?

What you say?

Posted by: Marc | Mar 12, 2007 3:55:06 PM

7. That clip is hysterical and HOT! I hope they bring back the show; it was great!

Sanchez: Life immitates art.

Posted by: Rad | Mar 12, 2007 4:02:29 PM

8. I was just watching Heroes last monday with Sylar in the chair, etc, thinking that he's one of the hottest guys on the show - a mix of handsomeness, scruff, and I don't know what, but there it is.

OMG that clip is great!

Posted by: atari_age | Mar 12, 2007 4:04:41 PM

9. Ummm hey anybody know who that smoking hot man is? you know the one that Zachary is kissing??? he is one of the most attractive guys ive seen in a while....

please someone tell me if you know :)

Posted by: Nick | Mar 12, 2007 4:08:37 PM

10. Just what I was wondering, Nick. A picture with 2 shirtless guys, and the post isn't about the attractive one!

Posted by: 000000 | Mar 12, 2007 4:50:26 PM

11. Remember catching that episode a couple of times... Zachary was also on Season 3 of 24 -- played a CTU analyst named Adam.

Posted by: dave | Mar 12, 2007 4:56:21 PM

12. He was also in Six Feet Under Season 3. He was an artist at Claires art school :)

Posted by: Kit | Mar 12, 2007 8:06:04 PM

13. ohh I love you 000000!

Now someone please tell me who that absolutely gorgeous man is.... I got to get me some pics of that god sent body as a desktop background.

Posted by: Nick | Mar 12, 2007 8:15:16 PM

14. More "Heroes" cast trivia: the cheerleader's father is played by the second guy to play the gay son Steven on "Dynasty."

But, yYou go, ChrisB! Adrian Pasdar is one of the most underused hot actors around! Normally, he has a little more fur on his chest than in this pic:

He seems to gravitate toward unusual shows. Anyone remember the too-soon cancelled "Profit" in which his character, a rich Machiavellian businessman, slept nude in a cardboard box?

Sheriff: They lived way out in the middle of noplace... kid never went to school and didn't have no friends. Used to hear some weird stories about how Stokowski reared him after this first wife ran off. ...Stokowski had this big old ranch, but he was a cheap bastard-wouldn't hire no help. [??] a year old baby on his hands, so he just stuck him in a big old moving box... toss in food, clean it out once a week, kind of like he did for his horses and cows. The kid had something else... a hole cut out of the box so he could see the TV, day and night. Reared by a TV. Imagine that. Well, things didn't get much better after the father remarried. One time, a year, year and a half before the fire, got a call down to the hospital. Stokowski's boy, Jimmy. Sewin' up his hand.
    Joanne: What happened?
    Sheriff: Stokowski'd gotten drunk, pinned the kid down, picked up a knife and carved a cross on the back of his hand.... said the boy didn't have no religion.
    Joanne: Which hand? Where'd he cut the boy?
    Sheriff: Right, I think-on the back. A big old cross, deep and bloody.
    Joanne, to Jack: That's what Bobbi has on him... the boy who set fire to his father... it's Jim Profit."

Posted by: Leland | Mar 12, 2007 8:15:40 PM

15. Fantastic, nothing to add, this made a fantasm comes true ;)

Posted by: Thanos aka Mr Brightside | Mar 12, 2007 9:10:22 PM

16. Funny. He played a gay character in NoTORIous and seemed to have no problem making out with 'Bro' McHotterson there.

And that's funny because when was first on Heroes I thought to myself..."Self, that guy that plays Silar sounds totally gay. He probably is..."

Posted by: WaltPonce | Mar 14, 2007 8:37:31 AM

17. Finally some fun.

Posted by: Dr. Pat | Mar 14, 2007 2:16:47 PM

18. There's a great "is he or isn't he" thread on IMDB. I think the evidence supports that he probably is.

They point out that he has pretty consistently plays gay characters (the gay priest in the play LAYING OF HANDS, the bisexual "Real World"-er on OFF CENTRE --where he actually says "Taste My Bisexual Fury!" no joke--and the probably gay Adam on "24").

Then there's this amazing quote from an interview he did with Six Degrees Magazine: "Well, Ugg boots came and went, thank the sweet Lord....I’m kind of over skinny jeans. They seem to be all the rage right now, and I could do without those."

If he's gay, he seems fairly "out" and that's hot to me, and if he's straight and this is how he rolls, then he's even HOTTER to me due to his unattainability :-( Either way, he's going places.

Posted by: Kin Potter | Apr 20, 2007 9:38:55 PM

19. I think it's so amusing how people post dated info that's common knowledge as if it's breaking news. What gay person doesn't know that Zack was on So NoTORIous and who doesn't already know that Adam Pasdar is married to Natalie Maines? Sheesh! Let me be the first to break this nugget - Pasdar has also written and directed a stage musical called Atlanta that will preem in L.A. this weekend.

Posted by: Karl | Nov 27, 2007 12:52:33 PM