France | Jake Gyllenhaal | News | Transportation

Exclusive: Jake Gyllenhaal Takes the Eurostar

Eurostar1_4

A Towleroad tipster was riding on the Eurostar train between Paris and London yesterday, and sent in these photos of a sleepy Jake Gyllenhaal riding in the same car. I think we may have the first-ever photos of a sleeping Gyllenhaal.

Eurostar2_3

You may have missed...
Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo Near Kiss at Cannes [tr]

Comments

1. This nap was just after he blew the conductor...

Posted by: david | May 23, 2007 11:57:34 AM

2. Okay, felt a little creeped out... like I was intruding on his privacy more than I should have been. Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm just in a mood today, because I've certainly enjoyed pics of him in other situations... it was the sleeping part that creeped me out.

I'll never make it as a stalker.

Posted by: Brian | May 23, 2007 12:05:43 PM

3. This isn't stalking. This is finding yourself in the same train car with a hot celebrity and snapping a cameraphone photo.

Hardly stalking.

Posted by: joe | May 23, 2007 12:10:07 PM

4. How lucky can you get, to be on a train with cutie pie Jake? I would have pulled him into the restroom and given him some bathroom sex!

Posted by: yummy | May 23, 2007 12:15:47 PM

5. Did the person who took these photos actually, ya know, say hello and try to strike up a conversation? Or did they just lurk behind a seat snapping photos like some creepy jerk?

Posted by: chrisb | May 23, 2007 12:16:08 PM

6. I'd feel like a major asshole taking stealth pictures from behind a seat...just seems a little rude. I'd feel more inclined to say hello, shake hands, ask for a photo, etc...better to be annoying than creepy.

Posted by: Scientitian | May 23, 2007 12:27:16 PM

7. Yeah ChrisB, that's how I kinda felt. But Joe's right, it's not really stalking in the classic sense. Maybe it's my time of the month and I'm just extra sensitive.

I'm going to go take a Pamprin and talk myself down.

Posted by: Brian | May 23, 2007 12:28:21 PM

8. I think this is definitely a little creepy, and beneath the standards of an otherwise great site. If I wanted to see pictures like this, I would go to Perez (although Jake would the probably have a big penis drawn going into his mouth)

Posted by: Dave | May 23, 2007 12:44:12 PM

9. oh-puhleeze. you people have to get your panties out of a bunch.

It wasn't like whomever took the pictures was lurking in some bushes intentionally trying to get a shot of jake's privates or something.

any of you who were seated on that train with a cameraphone would have done exactly the same thing.

Posted by: caliman | May 23, 2007 12:51:28 PM

10. Congrats Andy, you've officially joined the ranks of the dreaded tabloid media.

Posted by: Mike | May 23, 2007 12:51:58 PM

11. ye kinda creepy it was in france could'n you just start taking to him when he was up he looks bored in the second pic. just gone up like it was a hot g uy not a famous one worked for me e xcept they were just hot.

Posted by: sasha | May 23, 2007 12:52:26 PM

12. Caliman, you're wrong. Last summer I was in a store with two salespeople, Jake and freind of his. I didn't snap one photo with my cameraphone and I could have easily jumped into a dressing room and had clear shots of him shopping and walking around.

He's on a train for god's sake, doing nothing other than living. Is it wrong to want a few moments of peace for the guy?

Posted by: Mike | May 23, 2007 12:54:44 PM

13. Creepy. I guess we're hoping for a Towleroad.com PR opp with the watermark and the "first-ever" business?

Posted by: MattGaymon | May 23, 2007 12:59:36 PM

14. Oh, y'all are acting like the lions and water buffalo in the last post.

Just consider the photos part of the new documentary series on celebrities in the wild. You don't want to startle them in their natural habitat.

He reminds me of the photos of that sleeping polar bear in Berlin.

Posted by: Tyler | May 23, 2007 1:03:31 PM

15. Somehow disappointed to see these photos on Towleroad. Sorry, folks, but I don't see how this is cool or sexy or anything else beyond creepy. Visits to this site almost always enhance or educate or stimulate (in many ways, often sexy). I just have a sour feeling about these pics and the posting of them.

Posted by: Gary | May 23, 2007 1:07:34 PM

16. Yeah, I gotta say my vote is for creepy. The fact that he doesn't seem to know someone is taking his picture is too voyeuristic. Not to mention, I'm sick to death of the celebrity worship culture in America anyway.

Posted by: RP | May 23, 2007 1:11:39 PM

17. These pictures are entirely too creepy. What kind of insecure nutjob would lurk behind the seat on a train and photograph someone as they slept? Yuck!

Posted by: peterparker | May 23, 2007 1:18:12 PM

18. Given all of the exposure offered to celebrities in modes of transit (how many skirts have we seen under this year alone?) I would not classify this as an eggregious violation of personal space. And to be blunt, if you buck up the euros for a first class seat on the Eurostar, I'd see it a worthwhile investment to have two decent photos of the man, it's a day train, they weren't in berths, people... Now, if he was canoodling with some celebritette, I don't think anyone would think twice. Odd.

Posted by: MrBill | May 23, 2007 1:18:33 PM

19. And I might add...I now feel sort of slimy and dirty. I think I'll go take a shower and try to wash the creepiness of of me.

Posted by: peterparker | May 23, 2007 1:19:26 PM

20. Cheap to say the least... I expected better from you guys.

Posted by: Michel Filion | May 23, 2007 1:20:16 PM

21. am reminded of Madonna's rarely seen video for Drowned World (Substitute for Love) check it out if you can...

Posted by: vidjoc | May 23, 2007 1:20:23 PM

22. These photos aren't creepy at all. They're sweet.

I'm sure Gyllenhaal, for all the millions he gets paid, is pretty used to having photos taken of him, no matter the circumstances.

Posted by: gordon | May 23, 2007 1:27:49 PM

23. I'm kinda with Gordon on this.

They're kind of sweet.

Posted by: EM | May 23, 2007 1:35:28 PM

24. People need to settle down. There are far more invasive photos of celebrities published all the time. The train is a public space, and I see no ill will at all in these shots.

I do think that some people (gay men on Gyllenhaal in particular) feel a sense of possessiveness about certain celebrities, so when there's any sense of space invasion it inspires this kind of reaction.

I think they're nice shots, and Jake is one hot sleeper.

Posted by: dudes | May 23, 2007 1:44:54 PM

25. These pics would only be creepy if Jake was doing something uh. . . interesitng. Like entertaining the Widow Thumb and her Four Daughters.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 23, 2007 1:45:46 PM