Enrique Iglesias | Great Britain | London | News | Nightlife

BigGayDeal.com

Enrique Iglesias Nervous to Play Gay

Enrique_iglesias

G-A-Y, the club, that is...

Remember the sweet serenade Enrique Iglesias used to melt a gay fan's heart at the London venue in June?

The singer says he was unsure what might happen there:

"It was my first time performing at a gay club. But I didn't know what to expect. You get nervous, you have this adrenaline, you're going to perform for 3,000 gay men - you don't know if they're going to be silent, if they're going to boo you. I loved it. It's funny, the owner called my manager and said, 'We figured Enrique is probably going to say no....' And I said, 'Yeah. Are you kidding me?' I know the gay audience is very loyal. The guy that I work with, produce all the records with, he's gay. The first person I called was him. I was like, 'Man, guess what we're doing.' He was like, 'We gotta do it. It's going to be great.' When I went on stage, they were singing so loud I couldn't hear myself. My ears were ringing for two days, I promise."

If those are nerves, let's get him really comfortable and see what happens.

Comments

1. I'm feeling under the weather but that video is the best remedy. The mutual respect and love between Enrique and the audience is really sweet.

Posted by: mark m | Jul 19, 2007 10:33:06 AM

2. Oh to have been that lucky boy being held in Enrique's arms, sigh...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Jul 19, 2007 11:17:28 AM

3. Str8 guy hugs gay guy and lives to tell about it! News at 11!

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jul 19, 2007 11:19:26 AM

4. Enrique is so friggin' hot. I saw him in concert and was in the front row. He is taller than I thought and very sexy. Yummy, yummy!

Heard he goes both ways and likes the boys!

Posted by: yum | Jul 19, 2007 12:51:31 PM

5. Why do all Latins (especially) appear so bisexual? Damn! I swear they would screw anything sometimes.
    I wish we didn't have to pigeonhole everyone as gay or straight. I work with actors and entertainers all the time. One thing I've noticed is they all want to be loved and respected by someone they don't feel is going to be mean to them or hurt them. They also tend to be overprotective and conform to expectations in order to fit into whatever situation they may find themselves. Chameleons I guess. You have to be around them to understand. It is a shame they have to be so fearful of what harmful things may happen to them if they were just free to love who they wanted. Is this an American thing? I don't notice it so much in Europe or Latin America.

Posted by: Joe in the OC | Jul 19, 2007 1:46:07 PM

6. Yup, he does like the boys. He certainly enjoyed the bj a friend gave him when he was doing the "Sad Eyes" video directed by David LaChapelle.

I'm really surprised not more people know about Enrique's gay tendencies. Guess he knows how to hide it more than Ricky Martin.

Posted by: FunMe | Jul 19, 2007 3:07:18 PM

7. That was just the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time!!

Travis

Posted by: Travis | Jul 19, 2007 3:48:40 PM

8. I like Enrique. I don't care if he's straight or gay, he treats his audience (straight or gay) with love and respect. What more could one ask of an entertainer? I have several of his CD's and would love to go to one of his concerts if I could.

If he's gay or bisexual and in the closet, it's his business. He certainly enjoys his gay fans and doesn't use them then ridicule or condemn them like some other celebrities. He's an extremely sensual man.

Posted by: Tom | Jul 19, 2007 6:04:30 PM

9. when enrique comes to vermont he can stay at our home for as long as he wants p.s i love to cook ect

Posted by: david | Jul 19, 2007 6:56:46 PM

10. There was a "blind" post on a Brazilian gossip site a couple of years ago about "a famous latin singer who is dating a blonde sporting bombshell" being spotted making the rounds of one of Rio's gay saunas. He hired a couple of muscled hotties and then disappeared to the cabines for an hour or two of carnal pleasure.

Me thinks he doth protest to much??

Posted by: Jish | Jul 19, 2007 9:35:25 PM

11. don't nobody hate on my enrique. the boy is hot and showed a lot of respect for his gay audience. he seems like a genuinely nice guy. te amo papacito.

Posted by: nic | Jul 20, 2007 8:38:29 PM

12. that was so sweet it almost brought tears to my eyes, but i gotta call bullshit on you guys who turn around and say he's gay. you see a straight guy treating gay men the way you claim you want straight men to treat gay men (comfortably, affectionately and respectfully) and you call him gay. maybe more straight guys would be comfortable around gay men, if gay men didn't mistake their comfort level for latent homosexuality. you say you don't understand why people have problems with gay people, but why do so many gay men seem to have difficulty with heterosexuality. 'tis a wonderment.

Posted by: dan | Jul 20, 2007 9:04:48 PM

13. I was there in London that night and touched his ass... others grabbed his goods, but had a great time just being there... the vibe was to die for... made my first trip to London incredible. thanks enrique.

Lucky